• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are You Guys Gonna Get Mad if Link Begins with 6 Hearts?

I don't get the big deal. With how most enemies are giving you one whole heart of damage, it's all going to even out in the end.

All signs point to the fact that six hearts will make the game HARDER, though.

TP: 3 hearts - average enemy does 1/4 damage = 12 hits before you die
SS: 6 hearts- average enemy does 1 damage= 6 hits before you die

Taking that at face value, this is harder than a Zelda game has been in a long time.

Nickster

Sensei Sampai Sama
6 hearts? Really? Freakin' casuals, stop ruining games already. But if that's false information, then whatever.

I don't get the big deal. With how most enemies are giving you one whole heart of damage, it's all going to even out in the end.

Yes thats true.
Call me old fashioned but i prefer starting with 3 container hearts.
Its how its always been.

Starting with six will mean less heart pieces to collect and may mean less dungeons.
I do not mind things being changed but this is something id like changed.
I would not be real angry if they did do it but id be disappointed.

Djinn

and Tonic
It has been stated a few times that the demos are made to be much easier so that it does not destroy the people playing them at conventions and shows. Therefore Link in all the demos has not only a lot more hearts than he normally would by the second dungeon, but an extra amount of potions in his inventory. Just look over the 19 minute Forest (at the time it was called Sky) Temple demo left over from E3 again. You will see a Link with several items, a few shields including the Hylian shield and at least five or so potions in the inventory.

If the demo people had to go into that Girahim fight with only three hearts and maybe one bottle for potion storage, they would have been destroyed over and over again. Then all we would hear are horror stories of how incredibly hard or impossible SS really is and that we should not think about buying it.

W

woflderp

People might take the 6 hearts for granted during the first play through thinking that even if they lose 3 hearts they still have another set left like "good ol' times". This game might be harder since you're given twice as many hearts than before.

Idc either way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
3 hearts is preferable, if they were to make the game harder it should still have three hearts.

Whatever the case, I look forward to playing a Zelda game where there's actually a risk of getting killed. TP was a good game, but I never felt challenged.

3 hits you die? In the beginning of the game, when you're not familiarized with the controls and combat dynamics? You wish... Better beat the 1st walkthrough and play the MQ if you want the game to be this way.

Get real. TLoZ is not Ninja Gaiden, it'll last 50hours+, and they can't put a 13 yo girl on the verge of death with full motion controls for hours straight.

I'm much more worried about the potion extravaganza or convient heart drops all the time.

Last edited:
There is absolutely no reason to be worried about there being more potions/heart drops because, just as with the last ones, you can ignore every single one of them >_>

it doesn't work that way for me, for the average player and for the reviewers. The game difficulty is based on default game difficulty, resources etc. I don't want to play dumb in order to pump the game be difficulty up, it's simply annoying and a ultimately artificial game experience for a first playthrough (dodge heart drops is much, much more annoying and artificial than a 3hearts run).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom