• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U Are you gonna get TPHD?

I'll get it with the amiibo, ill enjoy it and be happy that I got to play a nicer looking version of a great game on a modern console with added features so that I dont have to constantly plug in and load up my gc

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Well I'm getting it mainly because I don't actually own Twilight Princess. Wasn't my game so I couldn't take it when I moved out.

Linkmaster30000

Aim for the knee
Already pre-ordered it, and I plan to request the release day off of work. That's how excited I currently am for this. Even if the HD remake doesn't change a ton of stuff, I'm psyched for this.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I honestly don't know at the moment.
I don't own a Wii U but I'm tempted to get one for various reasons, however this is not one of those reasons. I'll probably pick up a second-hand TP for GC.

Good luck finding one where you don't have to give up your first-born for it. I'm fortunate enough to have the GCN version, and I've been told that it's worth its weight in gold.

I'm still on the fence about this game. I want to see some improvements like they made for Wind Waker HD. Wind Waker HD is the definitive version of Wind Waker, hands down. It was not simply a bump up to HD resolution, it was gameplay change as well. This game is going to have to have more than just a bump to 1080 resolution. There are some gameplay modifications they could make, but more than any of that, when they bump this up to HD, they're going to have to redo some of the textures and clean up the character models, because in HD the flaws are going to be even more apparent.

Twilight Princess took a while to get on my good side — I had to play it 3 times to finally fall in love with the game, but fall in love I did. That makes me want to get it, but with such little time on my hands, I don't know if this is a must-buy for me.

Absolutely! Based on my experience with Wind Waker HD, I think Nintendo is going to vastly improve the aesthetic and experience of playing Twilight Princess. I'm excited to relive one of my favorite Zelda games on Wii U!

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
At this point I'll wait and see. If they do a full visual reskin as well as a music remaster then it might be worth $84 AU, but otherwise I already have the Wii version, so a simple upgrade to HD isn't going to motivate me to buy TPHD. It has potential to be jaw-droppingly good. I hope it gets the best treatment possible.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
I'm gonna get it, because I love TP. But, I hope it gets as much of a face-lift as WW did. So far it doesn't seem that way.
WW only really got a lighting touch-up on top of the upscale to HD. TP would need a lot more than that in a face lift.

WW only really got a lighting touch-up on top of the upscale to HD. TP would need a lot more than that in a face lift.
What I mean is that WWHD is apparently a considerably better version than WWGC. Not just that the graphics were totally redone. I want to feel like TPHD is the definitive version of TP to play once it comes out.

Truffles

Zelda is the Dark Souls of Zelda
Mm... I think I'd better wait til it's a digital release on NX. :yoshi:

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I think one of my flatmates is getting it, which gives me an excuse to play it. Depending on how "HD" the game is in the end will determine whether or not I'll actually get it for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom