• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are You Going to Buy the Wii U?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
After a disappointing E3 yesterday my plan to buy one at launch is probably not going to happen. I wanted to see more first party games and nothing has really got my excitement. I am glad they didn't announce a 3DS XL though because that would hurt my wallet.

Meh, the Wii U hasn't really looked exciting to me. Nintendo really seems like they are one generation behind the competition. I will probably pick one up eventually, if only just to play the Mario and Zelda games which will undoubtedly be great. But there is no way I will pick it up at launch

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
After E3 2011 I was sure I would wait until the soak test group would buy it and report bugs and glitches. Then I saw it at E3 2012 and I find it harder to tell myself I am going to wait. I really do want to buy it on launch but my financial situation will hold me back and lack of Zelda will hold me back as well

ChuyMasta

Starved Stripper Knight
Day 1 for me. Pikmin 3 was enough to convince me.
Which reminds me, Pikmin 2 comes out in three days. Gotta get that too!

Honestly, all of the other games for it shown at E3 looked absolutely horrible. NSMBU looks like the same Super Mario Bros. we've played countless times, Nintendo Land looks like a less fun version of Mario Party. Those were the 2 first-party launch games that could've had me, and they blew it. Assassin's Creed 3 looks really good, but I can get that on Xbox. With not even a mention of Zelda, Super Smash Bros., or anything else decent, the Wii U doesn't seem to be something I'll buy at launch.

All of its features don't look good either. I have no clue why Nintendo can't just get an online network right. The Wii U Game Pad is the only thing that looks innovative, but with Xbox Smart Glass coming, that is pointless as well.

Nintendo really needs some unique features and software for the Wii U, or less it will be a complete failure. They talk about all this third-party support they're getting, but Microsoft and Sony have had that for a long time now. They need to get better graphics, better games, and better features, or less they will remain in last place in the home console market.

Honestly, all of the other games for it shown at E3 looked absolutely horrible. NSMBU looks like the same Super Mario Bros. we've played countless times, Nintendo Land looks like a less fun version of Mario Party. Those were the 2 first-party launch games that could've had me, and they blew it. Assassin's Creed 3 looks really good, but I can get that on Xbox. With not even a mention of Zelda, Super Smash Bros., or anything else decent, the Wii U doesn't seem to be something I'll buy at launch.

All of its features don't look good either. I have no clue why Nintendo can't just get an online network right. The Wii U Game Pad is the only thing that looks innovative, but with Xbox Smart Glass coming, that is pointless as well.

Nintendo really needs some unique features and software for the Wii U, or less it will be a complete failure. They talk about all this third-party support they're getting, but Microsoft and Sony have had that for a long time now. They need to get better graphics, better games, and better features, or less they will remain in last place in the home console market.

Now, now, let's look at things rationally. Nintendo is poised to have the best and easily most balanced console launch in gaming history with Pikmin 3, New super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land, Assassin's Creed III, Rayman Legends, ZombiU, Darksiders II, Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition, and more. The array of titles hitting at launch keep golden on the company's overarching philosophy of appealing to the broadest spectrum of gamers possible.

Personally, the Wii U is a true social machine and aims to topple 360 and PS3 in terms of interaction. Successful Miiverse integration will be key. Video calling someone who speaks the same language as you in-game is absolutely marvelous and has never truly been done before. And then there are the more obvious changes the Wii U will bring such as a cleaner HUD and even more control schemes in Nintendo's already vast armory. While Xbox Smart Glasses may offer a similar experience as the Wii U Game Pad, they're merely an addition, an accessory while the Game Pad is a pack-in with every Wii U system.

I already previously stated in this thread that I am buying a Wii U console at launch and the presentation merely cemented my commitment. Nintendo brought with it a great showing of quality titles but new games were what we wanted to see. Next time, it's suggested to lower your expectations especially when one company is transitioning from one system to the next, just take a look at the PS3's troubles during its first year for a clear example.

Majora

The Hero Slayer
I'll definitely try to, but I may wait a while for some games I want to be on the market. I don't know what the launch titles are. :P

DLC

Soul Drummer.
Now, now, let's look at things rationally. Nintendo is poised to have the best and easily most balanced console launch in gaming history with Pikmin 3, New super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land, Assassin's Creed III, Rayman Legends, ZombiU, Darksiders II, Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition, and more. The array of titles hitting at launch keep golden on the company's overarching philosophy of appealing to the broadest spectrum of gamers possible.

Personally, the Wii U is a true social machine and aims to topple 360 and PS3 in terms of interaction. Successful Miiverse integration will be key. Video calling someone who speaks the same language as you in-game is absolutely marvelous and has never truly been done before. And then there are the more obvious changes the Wii U will bring such as a cleaner HUD and even more control schemes in Nintendo's already vast armory. While Xbox Smart Glasses may offer a similar experience as the Wii U Game Pad, they're merely an addition, an accessory while the Game Pad is a pack-in with every Wii U system.

I already previously stated in this thread that I am buying a Wii U console at launch and the presentation merely cemented my commitment. Nintendo brought with it a great showing of quality titles but new games were what we wanted to see. Next time, it's suggested to lower your expectations especially when one company is transitioning from one system to the next, just take a look at the PS3's troubles during its first year for a clear example.

It might have been a good launch if most of the games that you listed weren't already available on other consoles. Nintendo absolutely blew it for me this year.

Arkatox

Travelling Outcast
Yeah, as ALiT just said, Rayman Legends is Wii U exclusive, and the Armored Edition of Batman: Arkham City is certainly no port. Watch the the frickin' E3 presentation, if all else fails.

Of course I'm going to get the Wii U. I'm a patron of Nintendo, I'm GOING to buy their products, no question about it, lol. I might have to wait for a price drop or when the hype dies down, but I WILL get one someday.

Dan

Yeah, as ALiT just said, Rayman Legends is Wii U exclusive, and the Armored Edition of Batman: Arkham City is certainly no port. Watch the the frickin' E3 presentation, if all else fails.

I bet it won't stay as an exclusive on the other hands...

Yes I will be getting the Wii U

Same, I probably can't afford it right when it comes out. I'm probably going to wait a few months (at the least) until they drop the price to get a WiiU if it's too much. Unless I get it for my birthday or Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom