• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are You Going to Buy the Wii U?

DLC

Soul Drummer.
NO. It looks really stupid. It's power will be behind current gen, the controller is WAAAY to big, and it will be another Wii once the other consoles come out. It will still be not as powerful and I strongly dislike pikmin and mario. Even if a new metroid comes out. NO STAR FOX. Leave it dead.

They've given me no reason to buy one yet. It's a nice idea, but you can already use the DS and 3DS to hook up to the Wii and play so I'd rather see them develop on that more.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I'm hoping to get the WiiU when it comes out but I don't think I will. The WiiU sounds nice but I might end up being too lazy to get one.

Maybe.. I can't really say because I don't want to buy a system with present hardware minus a really cool controller and then have something better come out in a year.

The5thNintendoElement.gif

OMG I'M LOLLING.

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
I'll get the WiiU after a price drop, or maybe for my birthday or Christmas, but my current finacial sistuation doesn't allow me to get a $300-$400 system. I will definatley get it, being a huge Nintendo fanboy, but not right away. I've acctually never gotten a console on release day. Or any games for that matter. I don't have the kind of money to afford living in a house and eating + new console.

If its over $200 at launch then no, a good 150 I might depending on the games, a metroid or zelda and a pikman would justify me buying the system. Also the WiiU would be perfect for an app store, that would be a deal maker for me

G

garomaster

I think this console is going to be the Sega Dreamcast of this era. Nintendo is being shunned and doubted by both its fans, third party support and investors. In responce to this Nintendo is actually giving its fans something amazing. A system that has impressive graphical capabilities, classic and new gameplay mechanics and both casual and hardcore titles. Just like the Dreamcast, it looks like Nintendo is going to have a flood of great games and is going to do very well in the begining. However, when its competition arrives with new hardware that is visually more impressive (lets face it we know its they're going to be more powerful...) and more inclined to what the so called "hardcore gamer" audience wants and is going to give Nintendo a run for its money just like the Playstation 2 did to the Dreamcast.

I do believe though that if the fans see the true potential that lies behind the Wii U, then it won't be left in the background watching its competetors gain success just like the Dreamcast was forced to do. The people need to learn to forgive. Sega wasn't forgived for its slaughter of the Genesis/Megadrive and the early cannabalization of the lackluster Saturn and so the fans missed out on the offering of the Dreamcasts great offerings. Nintendo is going to redeem itself only if the people can move on and accept the legacy of the Wii. Embrace its new path and we will be rewarded.

Yes, I am going to be purchasing a Nintendo Wii U on day one. And I will support it and encourage others to do so, because we will be missing out on a great system if we don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom