• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are You Going to Buy the Wii U?

I will buy it just before a Zelda game on the Wii U comes out :P :P :P
I did the same thing for 3DS... However it still was the 250 price then... however I am now happy because I got 3 zelda games out of it... :P :P :P

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Will I buy the Wii U? Let me answer a question with a question.

Will the world end on December 21st? . . . Actually, wait...

If a tree falls in the forest will anyone hear it? The answer is yes. ... If you believe in reincarnation, you know, people coming back as deer.

All joking aside, of course I'll buy it! Zelda, Mario, all that good stuff? And now that Nintendo, my favorite company, is going HD and will support quality online, I couldn't be happier! ... Unless of course Miyamoto accidentally dropped plans for the future of Zelda inside my box and - Ugh you know what forget I said anything!

pit0010

GAME IT LIFE IS TO SHORT
i actually might wanna buy the wii u. but however i usually look into it more before i buy it.
but im looking forward to the zelda game and super smash bros 4

Garo

Boy Wonder
I am wary because we have yet to see software for it. If the software looks good and innovative and up to the typical Nintendo standard, I will buy without hesitation (unless the price is ridiculous).

Yes, I will buy the Wii U. I'm thinking it will be the first system I ever purchase on launch day. Everywhere cynics around me are stating that the system is bound to fail, however, I believe otherwise. With titles like Darksiders II, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Ninja Gaiden III, Batman Arkham City, Assassin's Creed III and more bound for it, everything looks set for the traditional gamer audience. I'm loving it! :cool: That being said, after the Wii and its overwhelmingly casual crowd, I enter with some doubts. Hopefully the Wii U will live up to all of its aspirations.

I will definately have the money to buy the Wii-U when it comes out, but unlike the other Consoles I've bought in the past, I'm gonna wait until a decent enough game is released, like Super Smash Bros. or Zelda Wii-U.

If a tree falls in the forest will anyone hear it? The answer is yes. ... If you believe in reincarnation, you know, people coming back as deer.

Or if there happens to be someone in the forest. I believe you mean "If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one to hear it, does it make a sound?". :P

Anyway, back on topic. It is entirely dependant on what games are released to go with it. I don't wish to buy it if all it is going to be is a fancy controller for a game which I can happily play without it in the first place. Especially as if there were no games released for the Wii-U, then all it would be is a graphics upgrade, something I'm not too bothered about since the games on the Wii don't look terrible in the first place.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
At the moment i'm leaning towards 'no'. I know, I know. Cue the horror and disgust.
I bought a 3DS and it hasn't gotten any usage really. It'll be a waste of money to buy the Wii U simply because it's a new console.

I'm going to do what I did with the PS3. Wait until there are several game I actually want to buy and then go for it. If nothing turns up? Well, there's technically two other consoles to fly towards.

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I believe that I will end up buying it. But as Durion said, it really does depend on what is released with it.
Also a large scale thing for me is whether or not it is backwards compatiable. I think the largest mistake that they could do is NOT make it backwards compatiable. That would probably make sales drop considerably.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I try to buy anything Nintendo related as soon as I can, probably day 1 for the Wii U. When I saw the Zelda tech demo for it though...words cannot describe how excited I started to get.

It depends on if I have a job and how much money I make. If I can afford it, I will definitely be buying it, maybe on launch day, or even pre-ordering it, depending on what goodies I can get with the pre-order.

Probably not. Nintendo is getting a little bit crazy with the whole 'double screen' thing. If I do it had better be cheap and have some pretty good games.

It depends on what Nintendo say in the next E3. If they don't have any interesting news, I'll just wait until the next Zelda to buy it.

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
Yes, I will buy the Wii U. I'm thinking it will be the first system I ever purchase on launch day. Everywhere cynics around me are stating that the system is bound to fail, however, I believe otherwise. With titles like Darksiders II, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Ninja Gaiden III, Batman Arkham City, Assassin's Creed III and more bound for it, everything looks set for the traditional gamer audience. I'm loving it! :cool: That being said, after the Wii and its overwhelmingly casual crowd, I enter with some doubts. Hopefully the Wii U will live up to all of its aspirations.

My main problem with the titles you listed is that all of those are on other consoles as well, and current gen ones at that, and NGIII and Arkham City have already been released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom