• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are You Going to Buy the Wii U?

Well, the only reason I bought the Wii was for Twilight Princess. So If Zelda is a launch title I'm for sure getting it. if not, then nope. Really, the quality of Nintendo games on console hasn't been that great since N64, in my opinion. Unless that improves, I'm not in planning to buy a WiiU (unless a Zelda title is released as I said - huge Zelda fan). I might consider it for Smash Bros, but it's not going to win me over.

I'll always end up getting Nintendo home consoles eventually (hand helds are a different story) At this point though I really only use them for Nintendo 1st party titles. I'd like to be able to just use that one console for my gaming needs like I could with the SNES and N64, but I don't think Nintendo is really in the market to directly compete with Sony or Microsoft anymore.

They do their own thing and that's great, but it'll mean I have to continue buying at least two consoles every generation or miss out. Not that I'd want Nintendo to ever try replicate the other consoles, but hopefully they'll appeal to a more ''core'' demographic as well this time around.

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
Seriously..... HOW IGNORANT CAN YOU GET? It looks like you read all of the rumors and believe them like they're facts. Nintendo has been trying to get 2 tablets working at the same time. As for other controllers, it's up to the developers what they want to use. The Wii Remotes were just an example of what they could do. Don't forget about the good Classic Controller Pro. As for the power rumors..... MAYBE you should believe what the developers are saying, rather than an anonymous source.

OFFICIAL developer Crytek: Crytek "Impressed" With Wii U Hardware Specs

Some anonymous source: Wii U to be less powerful than Xbox 360 and PS3? | News | TechRadar

Believe those anonymous rumors all you want. But DON'T go talking about them like they're facts.

Sorry if I come off as rude, but I'm getting tired of reading this rumor bullcrap.

EDIT: The Steambox won't be happening anytime soon.
I got the power and hardware info off of IGN in a section they had with various developers. I hadn't heard about two tablets, but thank you for the information. My main turn off is the expense of the tablet controllers. Also, where did the Steambox info come from?

Last edited:
Eventually, of course. I'm a huge supporter of all of Nintendo's latest consoles, and I strive to eventually purchase each one during its lifespan. It looks awesome, and the screen tablet controller is the way of the future, I'm sure. I want to see some quality games first, but I'm hoping Nintendo will pull through at E3 this year.

Am already sold on it but unless it costs <$200 USD at launch (impossible) I'll be waiting until it does before I spring for one.

The cost is going to be around $300 at launch but will have a price drop most likely within a year or so

I would never buy the Wii U but that is only because:

1. I am going to college and don't need another console
2. Am tired of Nintendo's motion control ********
3. Don't want to pay over $100 on a console that I might only get 3 games on: Pikmin, Zelda, and Smash Bros

Last edited:
I will wait till the price on it drops then I will go and buy it. I will have it by the te time a new smash bros or Zelda comes out.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I'm sure I eventually will, but since I just got the 3DS not too long ago, I'm not ready to shed a couple hundred more dollars on a new console just yet. I'll give it about a year or so when they have their first price drop before I get it. And besides that, I still have like 10 games or so to play for the Wii.

I will definitely end up buying a Wii U - probably not on day one - but eventually. I am intrigued by the new controller and there seem to be a broad number of both first and third party releases on the horizon. But for now, I will have to wait till E3 for Nintendo to announce a price, some technical specs, and most importantly, some more games.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
I got the power and hardware info off of IGN in a section they had with various developers. I hadn't heard about two tablets, but thank you for the information. My main turn off is the expense of the tablet controllers. Also, where did the Steambox info come from?

IGN doesn't know too much about the Wii U. As for the 2 Tablet controllers..... Nintendo has been said to be working on it. If it doesn't happen, I would gladly just use a Classic Controller Pro. The Tablet controller will likely cost around $100. Remember this: The 3DS Costs $169.99 and it's a full on hand-held. All the controllers does extra is stream stuff from the console.

The steam box: Valve themselves, said the Steam Box won't be happening anytime soon. But they won't rule it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom