• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are You Going to Buy the Wii U?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I probably will, if I have the money to buy it. I'm looking forward to it, and I hope it ends up being a better system than the Wii. I feel like the new controller has a lot of potential, and I like the fact that Nintendo is working with third-party developers a bit more closely before launch this time around. It feels like they're trying to correct their past mistakes and do things right this time around.

Nyan Cat

Nyan! Nyan!
I'll buy it one day...maybe in a few years after a major price drop. As much as I love Nintendo, I'm not rich.....And besides...I still have a Ps3 and if NIntendo is serious about have major games like AC on their console, I'll just stick with my PS3 for a while.

Well, if the rumors about the Xbox 720, and the PS4 are true, (or whatever they may be called)
about not being able to play used games, then The Wii U it is, I suppose.
If I'm buying a game for sixty bucks, I'd like to have an actual physical thing, that I bought, and now own.

But I'll definitely be waiting a year or so for the price to drop.
The thing looks like it's gonna be pretty expensive.
Plus, launch day consoles always have some kind of problem.

I dunno, we'll just have to see what comes out of E3 this year.

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
Hell no. Tablet controller looks incredibly expensive, and I hate that you can only have one at a time and will have to use a wiimote and nunchuck for multiplayer. It's underpowered yet again and doesn't even match the capabilities as the PS3 and the 360. I'll most likely be going for the steambox when it comes out.

Nyan Cat

Nyan! Nyan!
Hell no. Tablet controller looks incredibly expensive, and I hate that you can only have one at a time and will have to use a wiimote and nunchuck for multiplayer. It's underpowered yet again and doesn't even match the capabilities as the PS3 and the 360. I'll most likely be going for the steambox when it comes out.

I think it has the potential to be just as good, if not better than PS3 and 360. It's just that Nintendo has made a lot of mistakes in the past and now because of that they are behind (way behind), and sadly they don't know what a lot of their fans want and I think now they may have lost their way with what to put in a system. I've been two of the Zelda concerts and I've talked to a lot of Nintendo fans who (love NIntendo) but at the same time are extremly pissed of with them. So in the end Nintendo now as to find ways to be on par with the PS3 and 360. So I won't be buying the Wii U at first, but when the price drops I'll be buying it cause I have faith that it will live up to the ever changing fanbases and consoles.

I forgot where I was going with this :D

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I will buy one, but I probably won't buy it on the first day. If the price is low enough and there are some good launch titles I may get it on the first day.

I will probably buy when they either A) come out with a special Zelda edition or :cool: Come out with a game that I just have to have. But yes, I will buy it eventually.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I. Will. Purchase. It. Instantly.

Guys, if there's anything we've learned so far, it's that this system will be legendary. I will buy it no matter what, even if it costs $500. With Zelda and Darksiders and plenty more, this is one you will not want to pass up.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin

Seriously..... HOW IGNORANT CAN YOU GET? It looks like you read all of the rumors and believe them like they're facts. Nintendo has been trying to get 2 tablets working at the same time. As for other controllers, it's up to the developers what they want to use. The Wii Remotes were just an example of what they could do. Don't forget about the good Classic Controller Pro. As for the power rumors..... MAYBE you should believe what the developers are saying, rather than an anonymous source.

OFFICIAL developer Crytek: Crytek "Impressed" With Wii U Hardware Specs

Some anonymous source: Wii U to be less powerful than Xbox 360 and PS3? | News | TechRadar

Believe those anonymous rumors all you want. But DON'T go talking about them like they're facts.

Sorry if I come off as rude, but I'm getting tired of reading this rumor bullcrap.

EDIT: The Steambox won't be happening anytime soon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom