• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Animal Crossing Are you getting tired of logging on daily?

Threads relating to the Animal Crossing series.
I've been keeping up with some streamers who play Animal Crossing daily, trying to find the eureka moment for the game to click with me.

One thing I've noticed is a fatigue they're starting feel.

To me, it looks as if it'd feel like a mobile game, something that punishes you for not playing daily by not giving you a login bonus.

In ACNH you get Nook miles from the ATM, 300 a day after seven days. But if you miss a day you then have to build it back up daily for an entire week.

Are you starting to feel a log in fatigue having to play each day to get rewards and shake your trees for free furniture?

Do you try to play every day for rewards or are you not that invested?

Last edited:

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Oh dear I was just about to make a thread about this.

Yes.
Yes, unfortunately.

Maybe it's because I've been so busy all week. Or maybe because I'm starting to feel the time traveling backfire on me, the side effect of getting everything to early, or something.

But yeah, it's starting to become less and less interesting. I'm not invested in my villagers anymore. My island looks more or less exactly how I want it to look. The only thing that's tempting me at this moment is checking the store every day for maybe some nifty new furniture, and turnips.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Not quite yet. I’ve stopped caring about the daily nook miles bonus because I have tens of thousands of nook miles so missing a measly 300 doesn’t mean jack to me at this point. That said, I like just existing in the game and going about my routine. It’s really nice and calm. And there’s still stuff I’m working toward now and then. I’m definitely playing less than the first month or so but I’m still greatly enjoying myself.

Yes and no.

My attitude toward playing daily in Animal Crossing games eventually feels how it does to play daily in any other game. Hype eventually wears off and the game becomes less a focus and more a part of my library where my other games exist again. Plus, I've been busy with school and I didn't play for the past two days at all because of my exam yesterday. But yeah as time goes on, my sessions with Animal Crossing get less thorough if you will, but it's not too big a deal. I pick the game up and get back into it and it's fine. My biggest reason to play is for bugs and fish so my hype won't completely wear off until I made friends with all of them.

More specific to New Horizons, my biggest daily chore to be honest is the fact all rocks have yields instead of that one specific one that yields bells. So that particular routine has gotten really exhausting (especialy considering shovels break fast) and I've stopped caring about materials from rocks. I don't care about Nook Miles and the only reason I go to the machine is to fix my savings balance after the Nooklings horribly ruin it. So yes I've missed days of that.

I guess the simple answer to the question is, I don't feel I need to log in daily to enjoy the game. Early on when you're getting yourself established by checking daily shop lineups to get some cool stuff, sure. But now I'm not playing because the day changes. I'm playing because I want to play.

I am a little actually.

I used to feel ok about it because I enjoyed the AC discord community. But that community, certain people within it are not so nice so through no fault of my own I was forced to leave it. Without that community I have less want to keep playing the game every single day.

I think I might just log in when I feel like it. I'll do the event stuff and that's it.
I play games because they are fun. AC is fun. Though the downside is by the time the game gets into the daily grind cycle we've all clocked up hundreds of hours, way more than most other games we play. It goes against why many of us play games. We play games to have fun, finish them eventually and move on to the next big thing.
AC as it stands now feels like World of Warctaft or any other game without an end that people log into each day.

For me games like this (BotW included) I play for a long time - like 200+ hours. Then I get burnt out on the game and stop playing it and don't come back. I spent approx 300 hours in BotW. I finished 95% of the shrined and had great fun. But then I got burnt out. I stopped playing the game and have not picked it up since. I didn't even enter Ganon's castle. I am happy I bought the game and I got my money's worth. DIablo 3 is another I've played for hundreds of hours but now have stopped and not gone back to. It's just games that take so long to finish or can't be finished (like Animal Crossing), I can only play for so long before I'm burnt out.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Since I had to work during this whole Pandemic I didn't play this game 24/7 like a lot of people so there is still loads to do for me to do.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
Not really. I've definitely felt a bit of a burnout after I got all the non-seasonal/Celeste DIYs (mainly due to it being a grind to jump around and get them all in the first place), but I've played literally every day since it came out, and I don't think that'll be stopping any time soon despite having 510+ hours logged already. I'm still doing my daily routine, I'm still enjoying the game and I still have a bunch of items left to catalog, still got art to get, still got bugs/fish upcoming to get, etc. So I'm not tired of it just yet.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I've honestly grown bored of Animal Crossing. I played it daily initially but the whole "delayed satisfaction" has finally over powered the fun parts. I've never been invested in AC but when many of my friends talked about getting it I thought it'd be great to have something I can play with so many people but the excitement has died down and it's now sitting on the shelf.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was logging in daily until about two weeks ago and then I just stopped and haven't logged in since. I think it is partially getting burnt out with the daily routine of the game and also partially just life getting busy. I planted way way too many flowers and watering them all became a huge chore, once I get back I think I'll reduce the number of those for sure.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I was logging in daily until about two weeks ago and then I just stopped and haven't logged in since. I think it is partially getting burnt out with the daily routine of the game and also partially just life getting busy. I planted way way too many flowers and watering them all became a huge chore, once I get back I think I'll reduce the number of those for sure.
You only need to water them if you want to breed them. They don't wither like in past games anymore. So if you wanted to keep a lot around, you still can without watering them at all.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You only need to water them if you want to breed them. They don't wither like in past games anymore. So if you wanted to keep a lot around, you still can without watering them at all.
I was trying to breed them that's the thing, but I bit off more than I can chew haha. I guess I just want a more manageable amount because when I water flowers I wanna water ALL the flowers or I'll feel like I left the job half done

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
I've been playing my AC the way Mister Miyamoto intended - playing every few days or so as I have time, and enjoying the slow burn of "do whatever you want". So, I might not personally be the best person to speak to this "daily burnout". However, anecdotally I can tell you all that my sister and her husband played every single day since release, minor time travel if they knew something important was coming up that they wanted to see, daily checking of the stalk market, heck my brother in law finished his fossil collection IN THE SECOND WEEK because he was aggressively trading duplicates online.

Naturally, they are burned out on the game, and I think a lot of that is because the slower you play AC, the more content there is - uniquely, because of the way random villagers and visitors appear and how events and item/fish/bug spawns change with the seasons, what is 100 hours of good content if you play it for a month with no breaks might be 200 or 300 hours of content if you play it for 3 months sporadically, just because each day you're delayed from your "end goals" by all the little things that pop up. If you just slam out 8 hours of AC in a day, your home will be paid off faster and collections done sooner because you aren't spending time doing other little quests and stuff each day.

Maghy

Work hard/ Play Harder
For example, I get quite tired of the constant game of this game. it seems to me that you need to make pretty good pauses because you can forget what life is)

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I've honestly grown bored of Animal Crossing. I played it daily initially but the whole "delayed satisfaction" has finally over powered the fun parts. I've never been invested in AC but when many of my friends talked about getting it I thought it'd be great to have something I can play with so many people but the excitement has died down and it's now sitting on the shelf.
This is kind of where I am with the game. For me personally, I need action and variety to keep me engaged, and the slow pacing and waiting for stuff to actually happen has caused me to really lose interest over time. NH was my first AC game and tbh I'm not sure if I'll continue with the series if this is all there is to the gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom