• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are you fascinated by the ocean?

I am bloody terrified of the ocean and everything that lives in it.

However, I do enjoy documentaries about the ocean and the life and weird things in it. I find it fascinating how much is still yet to be discovered and what could still be out there that we've never seen.

Are you fascinated by the ocean, or is it just a big puddle you don't care about?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I'n probably more fascinated about our ocean than I am with outer space, in a way. We know more about space than our own ocean. There are things undiscovered because we can't design subs that can withstand the pressures of the lowest depths of the ocean. It's really interesting to me that there are alien creatures right here on earth!

Last edited:

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
I share the exact same feelings as @Spirit! I’ve had nightmares about the ocean and tsunamis for years. Will never go on a boat again in my life, can’t fathom how people can actually go on cruises, and can barely quiet my anxiety for long enough to wade into the ocean up to my hips.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Absolutely. I really hope I live long enough for people to find out what's all down there. While I don't often actively seek out such knowledge, I am still really fascinated by the whole thing as a concept. Like, so much of our own planet is still unexplored and potentially full of weird and cool organisms we know nothing about. That's cool as heck to think about.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh hell yes! I've lived near the ocean for almost all my life and water is what calls me. I find it so brilliant and terrifying at the same time. The same water that can cool you down after a hot day can also smash everything to pieces during times of disasters. But also the life we know and life that hasn't been discovered yet living in the ocean

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I'm fascinated by the ocean, great thread Spirit!. Marine ecosystem is far more diverse than the monotonous grassland ecosystem. There are many scientific wonders in the form of adaptations of aquatic organisms.
The first thing of wonder is that unlike pyramids of other ecosystems, the pyramids of Marine ecosystem is inverted. Take a look
images.jpeg-1.jpg
Sharks are my favorite beasties.

I aspire a career in the sea

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
if you poke around in deep places you might encounter something you'd rather not have known about

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Yes, all the fishies are so cool and the sound of waves can be very calming. I grew up near a body of water that is connected to the Pacific so I am used to being around water.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah I think that the ocean is pretty fascinating, but also scary to a fair degree.

The flight route between Sydney and Tokyo flies directly over the Challenger Deep (the deepest known point in the ocean), so whenever I am flying between the cities I look down and imagine what's all the way down there - hoping I don't join whatever it is.

Yeah I think that the ocean is pretty fascinating, but also scary to a fair degree.
I agree, I think the unknown nature of the ocean is fascinating in that theoretically anything could be down there.

But that also means that anything could be down there. Your giant Kracken's or Godzilla's could be having a nap at the bottom & we as a species are non the wiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom