• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are you expecting to see the Master Cycle Zero in BotW2?

In BotW the Master Cycle Zero was a gift from the Monks in the Champion's Ballad DLC (why the monks didn't give it sooner when time was of the essence instead of post game and DLC is beyond me...).

While the MCZ is super cool, Link is clearly not using it in BotW 2's trailer.

There's a wonder if the Sheikah Slate will even be in BotW2, but if it is do you expect to see the MSZ during BotW2's main campaign?

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I'm actually confused and not clear enough to give an answer :suspicious:.
This is why:
1) If they gave it on BotW 2 Link would be kinda OP from the beginning
2) If there isn't MCZ in BotW2 then there would be a complaint that Nintendo wasted such a good idea by giving it after defeating Ganon, Duh
what if there ain't MCZ there might be something even better;)

The bike was dlc so I doubt it'll be included though it would be cool even if it's just parked at Link's house being "fixed"

With this being a direct sequel, I'd have to think the Sheikah slate would be included. So does that mean the ruins still work? I'd say yes. Then your upgrades could be like bluetooth accessories to it.

If they don't use it though, they'll have to mention something about the batteries not working or maybe the first thing you need to do is build batteries. What I would look to leave and sort of be mentioned is the champions powers. I'd hope they include a little dialogue along the lines of " now that the champions are at rest, so too are their powers".

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
While the MCZ was fun to mess around with I wasn’t a big fan of the random technological progression included in BotW so I’d rather not have it return. However I think its at the very least gonna be referenced in BotWo. It’s probably gonna be unlockable or at least changed in some way.

As for the sheikah slate I think it’s not gonna be a focal point or even a usable item. The reason being that the slate wasn’t even links to begin with, it was Zeldas and we just happened to be using it, it even shows at the end of BotW that she’s using it again, so unless we play as Zelda in BotW were probably not gonna see it.

While the MCZ was fun to mess around with I wasn’t a big fan of the random technological progression included in BotW so I’d rather not have it return. However I think its at the very least gonna be referenced in BotWo. It’s probably gonna be unlockable or at least changed in some way.

As for the sheikah slate I think it’s not gonna be a focal point or even a usable item. The reason being that the slate wasn’t even links to begin with, it was Zeldas and we just happened to be using it, it even shows at the end of BotW that she’s using it again, so unless we play as Zelda in BotW were probably not gonna see it.

Ok that's a fair point. However, I thought it originally belonged to the hero from 10,000 years ago, which is why Link could open the shrines and use the runes but she couldn't. No doubt she found other apps like the map & camera, but I thought Link was the hero who had access to the true power.

You'd have to think that Link told her about the bombs, magnesis, time stopping, and cryonis though.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I'm going to say no on the master cycle's return mostly cause it was DLC, and depending on what direction BotW2 takes it would feel unfitting. If they stick with the serious exploration bit, zooming around on a motorcycle would be detrimental to that idea.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It may not make Link OP if it returns. It would be incredibly strange for them to have another game where the main gameplay has you frolic around the same Hyrule Field as before and actually require you to explore the same locations again. It would seem like a retread of BoTW 1 so why not let link have his cycle to get around field areas fast. The Sheikah towers seem to be gone so perhaps there is no warping and the cycle is how you get around. Most of the new dungeon content could well be underground and in places where you can't take a cycle so there could still be a lot of walking to be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom