• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are You Expecting Multiplayer?

With the rumored 2D Zelda game on Switch just around the horizon, are you expecting multiplayer in this title?

I think we will see a 2-player 2D Zelda game on Switch. I just don't know if we'll see it now or after a more traditional 2D Zelda experience.

Nintendo has done 4-player and 3-player Zelda before. 2-player makes so much sense with the joy cons.

My bet is that the game that might be revealed tomorrow will be a traditional 2D Zelda. We'll then get a multiplayer game in 2021. That's similar to what we saw with ALBW and THF on 3DS.

What do you think?

I'm not expecting it, I'm dreading it!

Aonuma needs to realise multiplayer Zelda games aren't something worth getting right.

I hate multiplayer in Zelda and i hope, hope, hope we dont get a shoddy 2D one for switch.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Honestly i'm hoping there isn't multiplayer. Maybe do something like subnautica did, give the ability to send low tier items (The devs actually made a system that auto checks stuff) to other players to help out. Would be kinda cool to get a lil care package from another player for like 50 rupees

The ALTTP port on the GBA had multiplayer. It was totally separate from the main game though. A similar thing could happen to this remaster of a remaster of LA.

Aonuma needs to realise multiplayer Zelda games aren't something worth getting right.
These days it's not Aonuma we need to worry about. It's the Nintendo Garage developers. The new up and coming developers. Nintendo is giving them more and more creative freedom. For all the obvious reaons. The old heads at Nintendo will not be there for too much longer.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I'm not expecting it, I'm dreading it!

I hate multiplayer in Zelda and i hope, hope, hope we dont get a shoddy 2D one for switch.

I honestly disagree. I think it could be done well, and if it is it would be amazing. I think a 3D multiplayer would be interesting, but one that would play like a regular zelda. Think the earth and wind temples in WW, but player 2 controls Medli/Makar.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
if its not like mandatory like in tfh then i wouldnt mind but im not expecting it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom