• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are you done with Marvel films after Avengers Endgame?

I have long since stopped giving a damn about superhero films but they're still super popular...

Avengers Endgame won't be the end but may be a fitting jumping off point fot people who are growing fatigued.

Will you be jumping off the superhero hype train after Avengers Endgame or are you gonna keep pushing forward for as long as the films do?

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I just watch what interests me these days. I was interested in Infinity War and I liked it I am also interested to see it conclude. I don't just watch Marvel films because they are Marvel I only watch if they look good to me.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
No.

If I weren't interested in watching superhero films anymore, I wouldn't be attending Avengers: Endgame. I like fun movies and the Marvel films have been consistently fun.

Last edited:

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I had a couple of hours to waste, so on a lark I started watching Infinity War on Netflix because it was there. 20 minutes in and I was still wondering what the point was. Nevermind that hardly anything of any real interest happened in that time before I'd finally had enough and stopped watching. I mean, sure, stuff happened. In terms of narrative development quite a lot of very important plot points take place... but I couldn't care. I just couldn't spare one wit for all the things that took place in the 30-40 minutes before I finally gave up.

One of Thanos' henchman, the sorcerer guy, was kind of impressive on his own. That's about all that struck my fancy. And afaik he's a new character. Anything old is dull in these movies.

That's what these movies have done to me. They've worn me down. I'm weary. Exhausted. It's all been too much. This MCU thing has gone on for far too long.

Of course it doens't help that many of the regular actors in these series' are contemptible. Sure, everyone has their political opinions and everyone has every right to express them. But I don't have to like it when somebody's opinion is ignorant and mean spirited. And these nasty entitled ignoramuses haven't been able to help but blurt out their grossly opinionated and petty grievances just about any time there's another camera or microphone within distance.

It's really hard to care about the characters when the actors who play them are such heels.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
After Endgame, I'll probably stop watching every Marvel movie that comes out and only watch the ones that interest me. I'll definitely be seeing the next Spiderman and Guardians Vol. 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom