• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are You Disappointed That Ghirahim Won't Be the Main Villain?

Are You Disappointed That Girahim Won't Be The Main Villain?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zorth

#Scoundrel
If it's true that Girahim has a master and that his master will be the big baddie we are giving the final blow to, I'm a little disappointed.
The reason being that I don't want this to turn out like TP, where you are chasing this mysterious and cool Zant. And it's a really interesting story then all of the sudden Ganondorf hops in and he's the bad guy.

It really felt as if Ganondorf didn't need to be in that game..
So it's the same for SS, I fear that we'll be chasing Girahim and his crew around then at the very end they revive their master and HE is the baddie you are fightning.

But they could go around this if we know from the beginning who their master is and why they are trying to revive him. :yes:
Your thoughts?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
No, I'm not disappoint. You know why? Because it is clear that he isn't going to built up and then thrown away – he will still play some kind of part, minor or not. I heavily doubt Ghirahim will be anything like Zant. Nintendo won't make the same mistake again, they can't!

Ghirahim's master...I really do doubt he will be anything like Ganondorf TP. More like Malladus (ST) where it culminates in a final, EPIC battle that leads you wanting more and more!

No, I'm not disappoint. You know why? Because it is clear that he isn't going to built up and then thrown away – he will still play some kind of part, minor or not. I heavily doubt Ghirahim will be anything like Zant. Nintendo won't make the same mistake again, they can't!

Ghirahim's master...I really do doubt he will be anything like Ganondorf TP. More like Malladus (ST) where it culminates in a final, EPIC battle that leads you wanting more and more!

I agree, even if Girahim isnt the main villian in this game, he has a sort of staying power with him thats needs to be a final boss, I can see his leader die'ing and he being the only one left for a final battle

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
I would be a little disappointed. Girahim has been building up as a main bad guy. But he didn't look like much of a bad guy (too skinny I guess) The game would probably end better with some big fiery villain.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I want to see this demon's spirit (the great evil spoken about in the intro) somehow bind itself to Ganon!

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
No, I'm not. At all. I was hoping Ghirahim wouldn't be the final adversary ever since I saw the video where he fights Link. I would have found it very disappointing that they show the last battle, and in such a stereotypical Boss Room. But I knew this wasn't the case, because Nintendo has put their heart into Skyward Sword and will make Skyward Sword's conclusion the most memorable.

Well Ghirahim will be the main villain, just maybe not the final boss. I'd be happy if we had to fight Ghirahim's master and after we defeated him, Ghirahim fought us to the death in the ruins of his master's chambers.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
No, not at all. Why? Because we'll be facing him constantly throughout the game, meaning he's going to have a character development of sorts. With something like that, him being the final boss kind of doesn't make sense. Having his master being the final boss really just seems like a kicker to me.

Fig

The Altruist
I agree, even if Girahim isnt the main villian in this game, he has a sort of staying power with him thats needs to be a final boss, I can see his leader die'ing and he being the only one left for a final battle

I was hoping that Ghiraham was to be the final boss in Skyward Sword. Then again, if it is going to be like Spirit Tracks, then the battle will make it more exciting despite Ghiraham was considered to be the final boss. :)

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
It depends on how they'll do it. If the final boss simply comes out of nowhere at the end of the game, without any backstory and plot involvement well then yes, I'll be disappointed, but if it's done well like in Majora's Mask where it was actually quite some surprise that we had to fight the mask itself (which at least had some interesting backstory) instead of the Skull Kid, then I'll be fine with it.
But I don't think it'd be necessarily bad to have Ghirahim as the final boss. Sure, on the one hand it could feel a bit stale after having battled him many times before already but on the other hand knowing the main villain early into the game isn't always a bad idea, I mean it worked for the original LoZ, OoT, WW and outside Zelda for example in the Final Fantasy series (Exdeath, Kefka, Sephiroth...) so it could also work with SS, it just depends on the execution.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I saw it coming. Nintendo does this a lot. Introduce a villian in a game that is a main antagonist for a large part of the game and turns out is just the the prelude to someone worse.

• Agahnim (turned out to be a persona of Ganon.)
  • Skull Kid (Was being used by Majora's Mask.)
  • Veran and Onox (Pawns of Twinrova in the Oracle series.)
  • Twinrova ( Servants of Ganon in the Oracle series.)
  • Vaati (Was just being used by Ganon in Four Swords Adventures.)
  • Zant (Ganon's loyal follower in Twilight Princess.)
  • Cole (Loyal follower of Maladus in Spirit Tracks.)

So yeah... they've done this enough times that I rather expected it to be the case. Especially with the way they first described him.

I don't really have a problem with it, it gives us a nice era of mystery while we play the game ^.^ since we pretty much have no clue who on earth it could be, and it probably will be someone new, it keeps us on our toes and I really like that while playing a game.

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
I actually think it is great storytelling to have a higher up. We see Girahim throughout the bulk of the game, get a sense of how great he is, see his character unfold. Then we learn of his master, who could do with or without Girahim. Imagine Girahim turning on his master at the last seconds of the final battle, aiding Link, even though we've seen the two contest with one another through the game. It would almost be like Golbez in FFIV. We see him as the main baddie, then he helps you out at the end against Zeromus. That's good storytelling, that.

I actually think it is great storytelling to have a higher up. We see Girahim throughout the bulk of the game, get a sense of how great he is, see his character unfold. Then we learn of his master, who could do with or without Girahim. Imagine Girahim turning on his master at the last seconds of the final battle, aiding Link, even though we've seen the two contest with one another through the game. It would almost be like Golbez in FFIV. We see him as the main baddie, then he helps you out at the end against Zeromus. That's good storytelling, that.

I agree with you completely, Faedeur. Also, I love how you made a reference to FF4. Its my favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom