• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are You Branded?

Zorth

#Scoundrel
By that I mean when you shop for products do you have a specific brand you have to buy from?
for example if you buy a coke out of many other options for a soda, will the coke have been your choice because of the brand or the taste?
Imagine a world without brands on anything, do you think that in this case you would go home with coke in your hand or maybe something else?

I'll have to confess that I'm branded by Coca Cola's beverages, Hollister's shirts and Calvin Klein's boxers. Half the reason I buy them is because of the name :sweat:
pretty common here in Sweden, was curious how the situation is with you guys? =)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't pay attention to brand names when I buy clothes, nor do I care about them. In fact, I prefer my clothes to have no brand names on them at all. As far as sodas go, I'll drink anything so I don't care what kind of soda it is. Brand names are pretty unimportant to me.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Off the top of my head... I don't think I am. Like everyone else so far, I don't care what kinds of clothes I wear. And I don't drink soda, sooo... XD

I guess you could maybe say I'm branded as far as video games go, if that counts, haha. I play almost entirely Nintendo titles. Eh, but I do differ from that every once and a while, so maybe that's not relevant.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
No, not really. I just buy whatever I need without really minding what brand it is, so long as it works, satisfies, fits, etc. My family is the same. ;)

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I always pay attention to brands! Mainly because, I know I'll get quality. There's rarely things I won't look at who made it and that will effect my purchase. Ranges from food, to technology, to games. I'll always try new stuff, but, yeah, if I can possibly help it I tend to stick to the brands I trust.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Nope not at all. In fact I never look at the names. Brands don't say anything at all. Brands are always just a name and you'll pay for a name instead of quality. I had tons of brands stuff which were very poor quality

Dan

Y m8 got me Nike trainerz, nike trackiez nike hoody and all da shiz. (what naturally comes to mind when I hear the word branding)

bunny

birb overlord
Personally, I don't judge items by their brand name, just their quality. If brand name means better quality, then yeah, I'll kick in a few extra bucks if it'll last me longer. I don't see the big deal about a name on a bottle, box, or piece of clothing, though... A lot of things that I buy are off-brand items, and they work just fine.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Nope not at all. In fact I never look at the names. Brands don't say anything at all. Brands are always just a name and you'll pay for a name instead of quality. I had tons of brands stuff which were very poor quality

Exactly this! I never look at names because if you follow a brand, you're basically becoming the name's slave. That isn't good. Ignoring PR statements, there are several times when a company knows to make a halfdone product and put it out because of all the "branded" people on the market. Instead of being "branded", I just chase after whatever is affordable and comfortable.

ILU

i luv u
Nope. As I've learned through retail, most/many brands buy their products from the same overseas company, so some little Chinese kid somewhere probably made both and is getting screwed either way. In fact, I usually do the opposite and AVOID certain brands like A&F/Hollister for their terrible deeds. When it comes to food, I tend to buy from the farmers instead of branded foods, so that's out the window. Ever see those labels that say "Compare to ingredients of [insert brand here]"? Try it. Same stuff. So I buy generic brands since I like to save money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom