• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are You Branded?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I'm a creature of habit, really. Food-wise I'm rather picky, so I tend to go with what I know I like, brands included. If I get introduced to a cheaper option which I think taste just as good, then I will, of course change my habit.

In terms of toiletries and cleaning supplies, I've experienced differing qualities between the brands, so there, too I stick to what I know works best for me.

With clothing I honestly don't give a damn about brands, if I like them and they fit my body, then I buy them.

With electronics, I pay a little bit attention to what brands tend to work well and what tend to be more hit and miss...

So, yeah, in a way I'm probably a bit branded, but it's mostly because they are things I know works for me, and I prefer sticking to what I know than trying out something I have no way of knowing how well they'll work...

Clank

Hmm
I only really pay attention to brands when shopping for tech, as both products may be identical(they aren't really, they just appear to be), but the biggest issue is the support when something breaks.

For example, I had a Verizon router break, that was a serious pain to get them to replace it, and took a few weeks and several phone calls, I also however had a year old HP laptop that had a motherboard die, took one phone call, and in one week I had a repaired laptop in my hands.

So yeah, I am somewhat brand biased, but I have my reasons.

Personally, I don't think there's any brand that I hate completely - I might find at least one or two products that I quite like. But there are definitely some brands that I continue to have bad experiences with and I find that their products are overwhelmingly crappy and not worth the money. I've also noticed that there's like a period when I first buy things where I think they're pretty good/passable, and a couple weeks/months later I realise "What was I thinking".

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
the only brands I take care to look for is in my make up , hair product, and coke... everything else i don't really care about. as long as it fits and as long as it tastes right I don't care..
I take great care of my hair and to keep a balance of natural oils and all that hair jazz. lol so I'm actually still looking for the right stuff. in make up it's because my face gets super oily and certain make up helps me not break out. I chose coke because yum that's why.
and I actually use clique face wash because it helps with my break outs.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
With clothes, I generally don't care. I buy most of my clothes from WalMart, so there really is no specific brand that I like. Though, I do buy a lot of shirts from West 49, and they make their own. But, even though I don't have a preference for clothes brands, the majority of my shirts are band shirts (most of them came from my Hot Topic shopping spree when I was in Orlando :P)

With food, it depends. Usually, we just get the cheapest brand, but I am fairly picky with some things. For example, I refuse to buy Ice Tea mix unless it is Nestea. I also only buy D Dutchman brand Ice Cream (it is a Canadian brand that is headquartered in a neighbouring town to mine), since it is what I am now used to.

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
Does it count as "Branded" if you like the clothing? No, i dont buy name brand stuff just for the name, i actually have to like it in order to spend my money on it. Lets take Underarmour for an example, literally half my shorts have the underarmour symbol on them. But i like the design of them because they 1. look good on me. and 2. they look pretty fly. although if i walk into a underarmour store and see something i like, it really all comes down to how much i want it, and how much it costs. Because if it costs to much i will not buy it.

But if you do consider that as " Branded" then i guess you could say im branded to...

UnderArmour
Nike
Addidas
Holister
Victorias Secret

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Yeah I'm branded. I always (since I don't shop myself X3) tell my mom to get the Up&Up medicine for me (aspirin usually but sometimes I need other stuff like allergy medicine). I'm allergic to a lot of medicines and this is the only brand I trust that wont put stuff in it that will kill me. ;) I also like it when we get the Up&Up paper plates, napkins and stuff. I trust those guys to have quality kitchen supplies. :>

As far as other stuff goes like sodas, I don't drink soda. And then I basically don't care about other stuff because I don't shop, so yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom