• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are You A Picky Eater?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Are you a picky eater?
I'm a very picky eater. My sister complains about it a lot and says I'm very difficult when it comes to food - the fact is, however, it's not that I'm difficult - it's just that I'm very, very simple. I don't like having too many ingredients thrown together because there are so many things I don't like the taste of, which makes me an impossible person to order pizza with.

Do you care about how your food is presented/how it looks?
As long as it tastes the way I want, I don't care the slightest how it looks.

Can you mix your food and be okay with it?
If they are two foods that I like and I know will taste good together? Sure. Some meals I like to mash up and mix together. If I'm unsure, then I might try to mix if encouraged by friends, but on my own I'll probably stick to what I know.

Yes, I'm a very picky eater. I'm especially critical of meats and vegetables. I dislike pork, beef, and bird meat, and although I know they're healthy, I avoid green vegetables, especially those found in salads like lettuce.

Food presentation doesn't matter to me. Why should I care how a food looks? Taste it what matters most.

I'm very averse to mixing my food to the point of sauces and seasoning added to meat not touching other produce.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Are you a picky eater?

Less and less all the time. The number of foods I added to my diet during my 20s numbers in the hundreds. It's nice being able to walk into any restaurant or social engagement and not have to fret about what might or might not be in what's being served.

Do you care about how your food is presented/how it looks?

Depends on the context. If I'm cooking for myself or for my wife and I, it's usually a no-frills affair. For company I like to make it look like I tried. My expectations for presentation in restaurants is directly proportional to how much I'm paying.

Can you mix your food and be okay with it?

Again, entirely contextual. If I'm eating meatloaf and mashed potatoes, yeah. Pickle juice from my hamburger in with the french fries? No. It's a sort of alchemy that has to be attempted before the result can be known.

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
1st Question I am not at all a picky eater. I'll eat anything as long as its not gonna make me sick (i.e raw meat, rotten eggs etc). There are a few things I don't like, like peanut butter, mushrooms, & all kinds of beans, but that's not a problem in my house My dad is like that too and we usually go out to eat at buffets just to taste stuff. My mother & sister are "super-tasters", meaning they're taste buds are very sensitive and will even taste the flavor of things that seem not to have a taste, like celery & lettuce. This makes them very picky eaters.

2nd Question Umm I'm not really sure about it. I guess as long as it smells good, I'll be alright. I've never seen a dish that looks AND smells disgusting.

3rd Question Ab-so-lutely! I don't mind mixing different foods at all; In fact, I prefer it! Some foods are too bland for me to eat without something else. Or I could make something good and make it better! For example, has anyone ever tried eating mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, and bbq chicken together? That stuff taste delicious!

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
No, not really. I have foods that I dislike, though I force myself to try everything put infront of me at least once before I judge it. In general, I'll eat almost anything.

As for me caring about presentation, it depends. If it's something tasty that I've had before, I'll eat it even if it looks gross. If I'm trying a dish for the first time and it doesn't look at all appetizing or appealing, I may be a little apprehensive about tasting it.

I can mix my food and be okay with it for the most part. It's all going to the same place anyways, right? :P

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
nope i'm not pick at all, lol I love food and I love to make it and I love to feed people! So I can eat all sorts of food!
I can mix my food just fine especially if i'm at a Mexican restaurant i love to mix up the beans and rice and cheese.l i mean cheesy bean and rice?! yum!! lol
if there is something in front of me that I never tried and it looks kinda funky i'll still try it. I'll still be kinda hesitant but I'll still try it. it's always great to try new things. especially new food.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I'm very picky. I like my food prepared in very specific ways, and often won't like it prepared any other ways. For example, I like butter on toast, but butter on bread makes me want to puke.

smashton

Awkward~~
I am a pretty picky eater when it comes to new foods, yeah. Unless it contains all stuff that I like, I don't want it.

Also, I am a food seperatist. I don't like my foods to touch unless in a dish where they're supposed to touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom