• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are You A Picky Eater?

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Are you a picky eater?

I'm not. You can give me anything and I would eat it. I do have foods that I dislike. I don't like onions or ginger. But if you put it in a dish and give it to me, then I'll eat it. Sure. My father is definitely a picky eater. If he doesn't like something, he won't eat it. Which is funny as it's supposed to be flipped around.

I'll throw in another question.

Do you care about how your food is presented/how it looks?

I don't. Not one bit. But I know my sister does. If her egg gets cracked, she would ask for another one. She doesn't like to eat anything that is ruined. She does eat it though, if no one else is willing to eat it instead. She doesn't care much about other frills or things which can be added around a dish. But when she's cooking something, she makes sure it is perfect and tries to make the dish look the most presentable she can. But I really don't care. It all tastes the same.

Another question:

Can you mix your food and be okay with it?

Idea from Ventus.

I can. I don't mind that at all. In fact, I do that some times. But if it's a terrible mix in which the food would taste bad, then I probably won't eat it.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm definitely a picky eater. I don't eat tomatos if they shown as tomatoes and not sauce. I mean, I love spaghetti sauce but hate raw tomatoes. They're gross, look sickly, and have a weird texture. I also hate mushrooms. They come in just weird shapes, have no real taste (yet they amplify pretty much anything that is sautéd) yet still taste gross, and also have a weird texture. Erm, I also hate mayonnaise, mustard, and most other condiments. If they're present and I can't remove them, I won't eat whatever food was given. It's horrible practice and it's one of the most disgusting first world problems, but it's how I am.

As for presentation of the food. I don't expect anything out of a cook. But I wouldn't eat something that is totally mashed up when it normally doesn't look that way. This is ironic because when eating food, all you're doing is mashing the food up. But like...I just can't eat pre-smooshed food.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
I'm picky as hell when I eat, hahah. Give me a steak and I'll cut all the corners off and only eat the center because I dislike the fat, give me chicken and I'll only eat the breast because I only like the white meat, give me eggs that are just plain and I'll only eat the yolk and throw out the whites, give me anything else and the chances are I'm either gonna dissect it as well or not even be interested in eating it. Do I care how something looks though? Eh, I guess in some cases I do, if the food looks unappealing to me I'll be reluctant about eating it regardless of whether or not it's something I actually like.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Give me a steak and I'll cut all the corners off and only eat the center because I dislike the fat

Tell me about it! Man I just cannot stand when pure unadulterated fat is sitting on any meat that I eat. I can't handle it. They say the flavor comes from the fat - and in a lot of times it does - but no way in hell am I going to eat it! That stuff is the first to go.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Nope not at all. I eat everything but there are some kind of food you can't make me eat or hardly eat:
Meatloaf, trust me I tried it with bacon, cheese and everything but I so dislike it
Pancakes, I dislike them so much. The looks of these flat round things on my plate.....yuck
Liver, as a child I disliked it and I still dislike it. The look alone makes me vomit

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm fairly picky, but not overly. There are a lot of foods that I dislike, but most of them I can at least tolerate. The only thing that I will always pick out of our meals is peppers. I can't stand peppers. The taste, the texture, it's just ugh.

It really depends on the food if I will care how it is presented. I mean, if it's a bunch of vegetables and sauces and stuff all sloppily thrown onto a plate, then I will probably not eat it because it looks disgusting. However, if it looks gross, but I know it will probably taste good, then I will eat it.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
To answer the first question, yes, I am quite a picky eater unfortunately. I rarely go out of my comfort zone with food, being the reason why. When we go out to this Japanese place and my friends get sushi or try all these amazing things, it's like "Yeah, can I have the chicken please?" I like to think I know exactly what I like, and spend time perfecting that type of food rather than spread out and try wacky things. That's just me.

And how food looks is so important, I can't eat food that looks bad. My boyfriend when we go to the chippy always gets a battered sausage, and it just looks like a mummified winky, and there's no way I'd ever eat that. Also, I'm one of those people where food can't touch! If there's some chips touching some steak, not a problem, but if the juices of the beans or pasta touches the other? No, don't like that, I spend a lot of meals moving everything around my plate so they all have their own place and aren't touching eachother in inappropriate places. I get teased a lot for it. :P

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Regarding eating food, a common saying is that a picky person will complain if their peas are in their mashed potatoes. Can you mix your food and be okay with it?

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Pancakes, I dislike them so much. The looks of these flat round things on my plate.....yuck

:kawaii: :sad: :cry: :(

Really harsh!

I am very picky eater. If I don't like something, I refuse to even take a bite of it. Even if it has an ingredient I don't like in it, I won't even eat it. There are only a few foods that I like, which makes feeding me a chore. I am not afraid of trying new things though, but if I don't like it I'll never eat it again.

Presentation doesn't matter to me. It's not like it will taste any different. :mellow:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Only if it's meant to be mixed. If I make chicken and pasta, that's fine, they're together, but I don't mix food that I didn't fully intend to be mixed before cooking. :P Petty, I know.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
During bulking season, no. I will eat anything I see, doesn't matter if it looks like fecal matter or unicorn meat because that's the point. I have to go up in weight and there is no time to be picky. Then again I have problems bulking properly just because at heart I'm a really picky person so 80% of all the meals I eat every day will be far from pleasant and most of the time leave me disgusted with myself, for violating my sacred temple (belly) with bad looking and tasting foods. :(

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Are you a picky eater?

No, not at all. I don't believe you can dislike something if you've never tried it, so I will try anything once. I like or at least can tolerate most food. There are only a few foods I despise:
1. Beans. Of any kind. I've come to tolerate baked beans, but kidney beans, butterbeans, broad beans? No way. If that's in the food or the sauce, I will pick it out. It takes me hours to eat chilli con carne because I have to remove all kidney beans first.
2. Swede. It's disgusting. I can't eat much veg because I have IBS, but swede is horrible so I don't miss it. It takes like ****, and it disguises itself within stews as other, nicer vegetables, for example turnip.
3. Meat. I do eat meat, but I don't it served in a big lump on my plate. Like, in roast dinners or even steak. Just no. I will eat it in sandwiches, or if it's mixed up or in small pieces for example meatballs.

No. I don't care. When you put it in your mouth, you chew it up, and it goes into your stomach as a complete mess. Why does it matter what it looks like on the plate?

Yes, I have no problem with this at all, unless it's food that just doesn't go. My sister used to put white rice and baked beans and mix them up and eat that. She has since progressed (if you can call it that) to spinach mixed up with rice. I don't understand this at all and it's no wonder my niece is a horribly fussy eater.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I wouldn't say I'm a picky eater, like anyone I have foods I prefer and foods I don't, but I'm not extremely picky with what I eat. Though I choose to be picky, I like to eat healthy and keep fit, of course one doesn't have to be picky to get fit and whatnot, but I tend to be ocd about these type of things. I like to have a lot of fruit, probably too much and I drink a lot of ice cold water, as well as try and eat a lot of protein based meats.

I'm not completely boring in this sense though, sometimes I can just get out of that zone and have days were i'll eat what I want, but it's not that I'm picky naturally, I just choose to be picky with that I eat.

Food presentation also fits into the above topic for me, I'm not too bothered about it, if the food tastes great then who cares? As long as it doesn't look like it's of a reasonable standard, I don't mind. Plus I'm fine with mixing foods as long as they go together, I won't be mixing two completely different foods together as the taste won't be nice, but mixing some foods mixes in the flavor, so it can actually taste better.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Are you a picky eater?
Yes, I'm a very picky eater. Ever since I was a child, I was always very particular about what I consumed and what I didn't. I don't know where it stems from, because my parents are very lax about what they eat. I suppose it's more of a personal habit and preference.

Annie said:
Well I'd like it to look appetizing, ahaha! I do care, but not that much. If the dish is intentionally sloppy because that's how it's prepared, then I'd have no problem with that. If the dish is sloppy because no one cared to prepare it properly, then I may start to have issues.

Annie said:

It ultimately depends on which foods are mixing together. In general, though, I have no problem with mixing the food that's on my plate together; however, mix the wrong things together, and you could end up with something... Gross? Disgusting? Unappetizing? Something along those lines, yes.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Annie said:
Are you a picky eater?
Yes. Very. There are more things I don't like than there are things I do like. If a meal has even one thing I don't like in it, chances are I won't eat it. For example; if there's cheese (discounting ravioli with ricotta or pasta with parmesan), I won't touch it. If there's any kind of sauce, chances are I won't touch that either. If it's spicy, I avoid it like the plague.

Annie said:
I actually haven't really thought about this much. Naturally, if the food looks good I'm happy. But even if it doesn't look particularly good, I'll still at least try it.

Annie said:
It depends on if it's meant to be mixed. If it is, naturally I'll mix it. But if the two foods don't have to be mixed together, I'll probably eat them separately. I don't usually think about mixing foods. I do make an effort to keep them separate, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom