• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are you a note taker?

I’ve tried with where I’m working now but to be honest all it really seems to do is jumble me up when trying to keep up, especially knowing I won’t likely even have the time to go over the notes anyway. I find it far easier to just pay attention to begin with and commit stuff to memory.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I used to take notes in high school, and lots of them. I would fill spiral notebooks in a couple months. When I got to college, however, I stopped taking notes and just listened during lectures, because in my classes, lectures were always accompanied by powerpoints which were always made available to us. So basically the notes were already taken for me, which allowed me to participate and engage with the subject matter more often. I think this is one of the reasons I performed so much better in college than I did in high school.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Idek what the **** happened. But I almost stopped taking notes when I came to college. I just borrow my friends' and xerox it

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Only if it's important to remember. I leave messages for my dad when I help him at his auto body shop all the time. The bulk of my note taking is setlists, song ideas, and such. Actual melodies, riffs, and chord progressions I record the rough ideas, and transcribe them for reference later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom