• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are You a Neat Freak?

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I didn't think I was bothered what buttons I had things on, until my brother went and switched a bunch of them around by accident, and I raged at him because I couldn't find the hookshot. *paranoid eyes*
In OoT/MM I'm okay AS LONG AS projectiles are set to c-right. In TP, I always have the iron boots on d-pad down. Always. I'm worst in WW though.

But despite that, I always seem to have certain items equipt... in TP, I always have the iron boots, the double clawshots, the bow, and for some odd reason usually the lantern too. But like I said, I'm really bad in WW...
Exploring/dungeoning: Y-boomerang, X-arrows/swapout button, Z-Wind Waker.
Sailing: Y-Sail, X-grappling hook, Z-Wind waker.

Hell could freeze over, and I'd still have those settings on Wind Waker... I'm glad PH and ST only allow for some item at a time xDDD On a side note, I always make sure I'm super stocked up on everything, bombs, arrows, potions, fairies, magic, you name it, even if I'm only, say, going fishing. Is anyone else like this? xD

*Raises hand* Yeah I'm like that as well. And it seems for WW we have similar preferances. When sailing I always have my Grappling Hook on X, my Wind Waker on Z, and my Sail on Y.

In OoT/MM I always have my projectiles on C-right. In TP I'm not that picky.

I usually have my bow set to B, my Iron Boots to D-left, Gale Boomerang on D-right, and any miscellanious items (like bombs or the lantern) on D-down.

And I always wait for enemies to disentegrate and see if they drop stuff to grab it. I'd even risk a heart or two for a blue rupee or something minescule like that. That means I usually have full hearts, magic, high rupees, full bombs, full arrows, or something like that. Here's a friend request.

CZG

Well, it did prevent me from accidentally using my last bomb or things like that. You become a master archer when you got a basic position for long distance items....

I don't start shaking when things aren't neatly in place or something, I just wasted too much potions in LoZ.

Ocarina in the right slot. Always. Even though you don't need it that much.
Long distance weapons (and masks in MM) on the left.
Trading stuff and other items go in the bottom c-button.

I did suffer from this in OoT and TP. In OoT, I always had the same three items equipped unless I needed something else. The Bow was always on the right, the Ocarina was always center, and the Longshot/Hookshot was always left. Fro TP, the Bow and Clawshot were the exact same, and since I can't remember the last time I played TP on the Wii, I really don't remember if I had certain items always set to more of the D-pad's buttons. The GC version always has those two items equipped though. In MM, the Ocarina was always set to center, but nothing else was really definite.

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
The only one I had was:

-Twilight Princess-

Left D-pad: Arrows
Down D-pad: Ball and Chain
Right D-pad: Bombs
B: Double Clawshot

Interesting topic idea.

Ocarina of Time:

Left-c: the Ocarina
Down-c: Bow or Boomerang (depends on which Link)
Right-c: Hookshot

Majora's Mask:

Left-c: the Ocarina
Down-c: Hookshot
Right-c: Any needed mask, usually the Bunny Hood

For some reason, I HAVE to have the Ocarina of the left-C in both MM and OoT.

Twilight Princess (wii):

B: Double Clawshot
Down D-pad: Iron Boots
Right D-Pad: Spinner or Dominion Rod.
Left D-pad: Hero's Bow

The Wind Waker:

Z: The Wind Waker
Y: Boomerang or Hookshot
X: Hero's Bow

Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons/Ages, or The Minish Cap:

A: Sword
B: Any needed item

In the handheld games, I HAVE to have the sword in the A slot. I'm far too used to it to change to the Link to the Past format.

Ikana

Trollkastel
Ocarina Of Time:
Right C Ocarina
Left C Bow
Bottom C Any

Majoras Mask:
Right C-Ocarina
Left C-Bow
Bottom C-Bunny Hood

Wind Waker:
Z:Wind Waker
Y:Heros Bow
X Sail

Twilight Princess:
B: Double Hookshot
Down D- Pad:Bow
Left D- Pad:Boomerang
Right D- Pad:Bombs

jbkarate9

KAME HAME HA!!!!
Wind waker:

X:Wind waker
Z:sail when at sea grappling hook or hookshot when on land
Y: bow boomerang or bombs or deku leaf

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Yeah, I usually keep my stuff neat. In WW I always had my sail on Y and my Windwaker on Z, and anything else on X. In MM, I always have the mask I need on down c, and the Ocarina on left c. Im not sure about OOT or TP, but those are the neater configurations on my games.

I have done this occasionally, but it's not really a compulsion for me so much as it's planning and accessibility. I have my favorite items then I tend to use the most in battle, so I equip those whenever possible, but I generally have the two (or three) items equipped that I think I'll used the most in the area I'm in. Among the items I might have equipped, I tend to assign certain items to certain buttons based on how easily I can get at that button, or whether or not it "feels right" for the item. Just sometimes an item feels more appropriate to a spot, based either on placement alone or how accessible the button it.

Anyway, most of the things I do are the same for the entire series, and I'll list them here (note that I have Gamecube version of Twilight Princess ;) ):

Boomerang: ALWAYS the button farthest to the right. For WW and TP that's X, and for OoT and MM that's Right C. I always pick that because it's the easiest for me to get to and I always use the Boomerang a lot.
Bow/Slingshot: With TP and WW it's Y, and with OoT and MM it's Left C.

And those are the items I almost always have equipped. Other items that I'll pick for the circumstance:

Hookshot/Clawshot: Same as Bow/Slingshot.
Deku Nuts: Bottom C, because it's the least accessible button and the item isn't as necessary to use quickly.
Deku Sticks: Bottom C, same reason with Deku Nuts.
Bombs: Sometimes the rightmost buttom (Right C, X) but usually the least accessible button (Bottom C, and Z on Gamecube)

Musical instruments I usually put on the least accessible button as well. In WW, the Sail was usually X. Iron Boots were put on least accessible, except in TP where I usually put them on X (because Z wasn't available). Spinner was usually put on X, as was the Ball & Chain. Dominion Rod was usually Y. In any game, I usually put spells like the Magic Armor, Nayru's Love or Din's Fire on the least accessible button.

There's probably a few others, but that's it. Of course it's different in ALttP or MC, but I'm usually not too picky about it (although I always put the sword on it's default button if possible, and if I need to change it, it's usually changed to the Bow).

B

billbot85

OoT: Left C - Bow and arrow
Right C - Bombs
down C - ocarina

Apple

Crazy Cookie
Ocarina of Time:
<: Bow/Slingshot
V: Boomerang/Hookshot/Other items
>: Ocarina

Majora's Mask:
Same

Wind Waker:
Y: Bow
Z: Sail/Hookshot/Boomerang
x: Wind Waker/Other items (in dungeons)

Twilight Princess:
Y: Bow/Slingshot
X: Everything Else

So it's basically always the same setup. I'm also a neat freak because I have to pick up every single rupee and heart.

Tom

That isn't being a neat freak. That is something we call OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). And no, it never bothered me which item was in which slot.

I hate when people start making up stuff like this just to show how much they love the game better than you do.
Sorry, but this only tells me you need help. Psychologists ftw. And really, if you are THAT silly anyway, how the hell can you remember wich buttons you'd chosen when playing OoT? Stop trying to act really cool, and putting on those airs.

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
Mine is you always have to have the instrument out especialy Majora's Mask.

Ocarina of Time:
C v: ocarina
any item needed

Majora's mask:
C v: ocarina
any item needed

Wind Waker:
Z: Wind Waker
Y: Sail (any item needed)

Twilight Princess(Wii):
any item needed

I'm not really a neat freak but I do have certain buttons in certain games reserved for use of an item I have gained and will be using a lot.

On Twilight Princess I always have the Double Clawshot set to the B Button, the Iron Boots to the down D-pad, other than that I usually have the Hero's Bow set to one of the remaining D-pad's and any item I used recently or am about to need in the final space availible. I do always have the Hero's Bow, Iron Boots and Double Clawshot equipped though seeing as I find them the most useful items in the game besides my sword.

On OoT I also has reserved spots on my C-Buttons. I equip the Bow to the right C-Button and the Ocarina to the down C-Button leaving me a final slot to have whatever I wish equipped (usually what's going to be needed shortly or I have just used and not bothered to change).As Young Link though I have the Ocarina equipped in the same place but I have the next most useful item on the right C-Button which is usually the Slingshot.

For MM it's quite similar to OoT so there is no point in repeating myself, but what would be left for use by any needed item in OoT would have one of the Transformation Masks if needed (or depending on what quest I'm doing, a normal mask).

That's it really, I haven't played any other games in which I can really have certain buttons assigned to certain items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom