• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are You A Good Public Speaker?

Public speaking unfortunately isn't for everyone. Some people appear fluster before an audience and unable to find the right words whereas others cruise through their words without a second though.

I've never been the best public speaker but when I'm prepared, I can be somewhat persuasive and professional.

Are you a good public speaker? Do you prepare for public speeches or is it something which comes naturally to you?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I'm a terrible public speaker. I've always have been, and I always will be. The sense of nervousness is always present in my voice and body language. I'm a mess, and it never goes as planned. I hate public speaking with a passion. :kawaii:

Mido

Version 1
Ironically, I have to take a semester speech course at the moment. :lol: But regarding my skill as a speaker, I guess I could speak okay, but I am timid as heck! If I go up there, I shake rampantly and involuntarily. I definitely prefer to contemplate and be silent most of the time.

Last edited:

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Nervous wreck. Its the hands. I never know what to do with them so they shake uncontrollably. Taking a theatre class mainly for this reason. So then I can pretend to be somebody else.

octorok74

TETTAC
I'm pretty good at it. It doesn't scare me at all. And it's just talking, but to a large group. Besides, usually it is an easy topic.

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
tumblr_mif7joUgWE1rav1nyo1_400.gif

I think this gif pretty much explains everything...

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I'm a decent public speaker. It's not something I would go out of my way to do voluntarily, but if I am tasked with it, it is no problem. It doesn't scare me and I speak just fine.

I'm pretty decent when I need to give an actual speech for something, but when I took public speaking two semesters ago I was a wreck because the time limits/being graded kind of flustered me.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I find it easier to speak before a mass of anonymous faces than I do face to face with someone I don't know on a personal level.

Well, it's not so much people I don't know but those who give off a bad vibe, so to speak, such as those who act intimidating, condescending, hostile, impatient, or otherwise difficult to speak with.

I suppose if I don't know anything about my audience then they can't hurt me lol. There are also standards of etiquette for an audience listening to a public speaker. We are often our own worst critics, and harder on ourselves than our audience would be.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
My knees visibly shake when I'm doing a particularly important presentation, and I tend to speak REALLY fast, but other than that I can do it p.well. My mind is a perpetual torrent of monologues, so speech preparation is pretty natural (I'm repeating it to myself all day everyday for like a week beforehand). If I can make myself actually, you know, not talk 1000 words per minute I'm good.

I'd say I'm good at it, its just no one listens to me.. :P

the way i see it with being shy and everything is that (most of) the people you're speaking to don't know you, they won't see you again or interact with you after the speech and why would you be embarrassed? You're not going to do anything wrong.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I'm a very excellent Public Speaker. I'll always manage to impress my teachers and my friends when I'm doing a public speak. My voice is loud and clear and I never stutter the words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom