• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are You a Extrovert or Introvert

Well hell.

When I was younger I was an introvert. I didn't exactly like to be around people, except for friends.
But then I've actually spent some time with my classmates, be it field trips, parties etc. And from that I have become one annoying, overgoing, often drunk(not that its a good thing...) crazy son of a *censor*

So, my advice towards the fellow introverts, as cliche as it sounds, try spending time with people around you and you will see that its not that scary.

And Heroine, thats normal. When someone is around a group of friends, they get courage from said friends. You know they are there to back you up if things go wrong. But if you are in a group of people, and the friends arent there, you cannot see support from anyone, and think that everyone else is just waiting for you to make the wrong move (be it a word, action etc.) Am I correct? While in reality, most often then not, they are busy wondering what everyone else, including you would think about them.
Its just basic human psychology.

Did this post make even a lil bit sence?
I overdid it on the ,s.

I am an introvert, surprisingly. When I was little, I was actually very outgoing, and I absolutely loved meeting people. My innocent nature may have worked in my favor a bit because meeting people as a preschooler is a lot different than as a highschooler, ha... But... that social butterfly I used to be soon shattered, as I got bullied to no end from kindergarten throught my freshman year. It got so bad, every grade in a K-8 school knew who I was and would pick on me... yes, a fifth grader got bullied by third graders...

I ended up leaving that school--a private school--to a public middle school after fifth grade. However, I was so socially and emotionally damaged after my previous school, I had no friends, not really... I met someone at an ice cream social who "befriended" me like a preschooler would: "hey, wanna be friends?" That girl ended up becoming my arch nemesis... I lost faith in going up to people I don't know and talking to them pretty quickly after that...

I will converse with some people who sit around me in class, maybe... but only if they open up to me first. Am in chemistry class right now, and the girl I sit next to--I've sat here all school year--I have not conversed with her once... I just... can't. I'm too damaged, can't bear any more judgement, whatever.

But, to people I know, to my small little group of friends... I'm as talkative--as hyper as can be... when I want to be.

I'm very extroverted! I love meeting new people. I always give anyone new a chance because I never know who will turn out to be really cool. Most relationships (friendships or romantic) come from chance meetings. I guess you could call me a social butterfly. Or, actually, more like a social moth because I'm really uncoordinated and I run into stuff a lot. :fairy:

Claire

The Geekette
I'm an introvert.

All my life I've felt more comfortable in a tight-knit group as opposed to associating with a large body of people. I was incredibly shy as a child, but I've grown out of that. I've noticed sometimes when I talk to certain people I don't know for an extended period of time, I feel anxious and will actually start to tremble or shake. It doesn't happen all the time, but I try to avoid drawing attention to myself. I'm not the type of person who would casually start up a conversation with someone randomly walking by in the street, though I know plenty of people who can. I'm more comfortable observing people than interacting with them. This is the case when I am surrounded by people I'm unfamiliar with, especially in an uncomfortable setting. I don't feel this way when entering a classroom for the first time with new people because I can already infer that I share similarities with my classmates, though that doesn't always mean much. I've never been a fan of parties or being the center of attention. I don't have any desire to be that way, though sometimes I wish more people were less extroverted, because having your neighbors playing music and partying until 2 AM on a weekday when you have an 8 AM class the next morning is simply annoying. I'm hobbity.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I would say extrovert...

I am quite an outgoing person in real life, in my old school I basically talked to a lot of people ranging from the quiet kids in the liabary to the more popular kids. I hate the whole idea of a "Social Hierarchy", you should be able to speak and converse with who you want in life. I think a lot of my confidence and social skills mainly are expressed through my sense of humour, I think people can always relate to having a sense of humour and it's quite an easy way to get to know people :3

MW7

I'm very introverted, but I'd say I've recently shown less extreme of a preference. Two years ago I took a personality test and maxed out introversion, and thinking back I think my answers would move closer to moderate. I definitely hit the extreme, but then I realized that life is more enjoyable with other people.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
I'm kind of both myself, can be an introvert when around people I don't know but if I'm around someone and comfortable I'll be a total extrovert, yep.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well for me it depends which Jimmy you are talking about (I adapt to suit the people around me):
Home Jimmy: Extrovert, I can be loud and talk about whatever I want.
School Jimmy: Introvert, At school I'm very quiet and pretty much spend most of my recesses and lunches with my best friend talking. I have a few friends and many people that aren't in my friend circle "know" me but hardly any one really knows me there.
Work Jimmy: Extrovert, I've been there for three years and worked over 2000 hours. After working that long I know everyone pretty well and will constantly converse with the other staff, again though they don't really know me as I'm pretty quiet about my hobbies/interests.
Internet Jimmy: Extrovert, it's so much easier for me to make friends on the Internet as joining communities with people that have similar interests is easy. I've even met at least 20 online friends IRL at meet ups and expos. Sometimes I can be a bit awkward in places like Skype or the ShoutBox though

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
As a child, I was an introvert & had few friends. When I got older, I became more of an extrovert. But sometimes I get these weird moments when I become an introvert again, usually when my friends ignore me too much or when I'm with people that I have no similar interest or relations. So in short, 98% of the time, I'm an extrovert.

Like some of you, it depends on the situation. When I am at school/people I know, I am extrovert, but if I am in an environment with new people, I'll shut myself off from them.

gannondorf

Dark Lord Gannondorf
Im an introvert.

I feels much more natural for me to be alone by myself then with anyone else.

I'm not against being with other people, it's just that talking and interacting when it's not necessary is not a natural state for me to be in.

more often then not, you will find me to be the quite one if I am out with other people and will treat you with a more business like fashion, were if it is necessary to talk and interact with you, I will.

otherwise, I truly have nothing to say to you and feel no need, no attractive mental pull with in myself to really be with you.

Talk to me, ill talk back. interact with me, ill interact back.

I however, will not make the same approach.

I prefer thoughts and action over words, believing That while I do not speak, my actions will speak for me.

Chiraku

Demon slayer
Er... really you can't just group personalities like this, but if I was one, I'd say introvert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom