• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are You a Clingy, Needy Type

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I was mentally reviewing my notes for boyfriends and girlfriends when I rememberd that I am the type that needs to be told each and everything. I need someone to tell me I'm pretty before I'll believe it, or I'll go ona mental breakdown. I need someone to tell me that I look good in my bellbottom jeans. I need someone to call me smart or I'll feel dumb. Hell I need someone to tell me to eat or I'll starve!

So what is it, are you a clingy needy person at times? Do you need someone to give you positive things about yourself or else you'll harp on the negative? :O

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I can be, but in a general sense I don't believe that I am. If that's how someone perceives me, then I have no control over that, but I don't see myself as the clingy/needy type. Maybe I can be a little jealous at times, but not to the point where I come off as needy. Also, I don't need anyone to give me any sort of positive reassurance. Is it flattering? Sure, but it's not like I thrive off of it.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, I definitely don't see myself as the needy type. I'm a lot more relaxed than friend I know with their boyfriends but I think that just comes with trust and we've hit a good point; if he goes off to Leeds for a few days, which he does quite often since his friends all moved there, I'm not sat by the phone or crying my eyes out every night, or worrying if I can trust him not to cheat on me. It's actually nice to not have to shout "WHO LEFT THE TOILET SEAT UP" about 3 times per day. It's nice... I get complacent...

And I don't need someone to compliment me really, I know myself well enough, though of course I enjoy it, if I spend hours getting ready and choosing an outfit it's always nice to be told you look nice. I'm quite average looking and stuff like that and it's always nice to get compliments but it's his job to compliment me, the ol' boyfriend. Page 3, Line 25 of the boyfriend handbook, "Thou shalt compliment her regardless of anything" so, I appreciate it all but I don't exactly get full of myself from it cos I know it's just him being nice, same with many friends. I just like to get a second opinion, really. I spend enough time getting ready to know I look smart or know I look like a total mess, so, I don't really go looking for affirmation on that.

But, as I said, I do of course appreciate if someone says something nice, I'd never be so rude to not appreciate it and every girl loves to be told they look pretty. :)

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I can be clingy, but I don't think I'm needy. I don't starve for compliments to make me feel better, because my self-esteem's default setting is "low"; too low for me to bother searching for reassurance. However, I've noticed I have a tendency to get a little attached to people sometimes. So I'm clingy in that regard.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I can get very attached to people I have a deep connection with. I can spend hours talking to them . But I am not clingy or in need of compliments. It is a good thing to get compliments but it is not like I am waiting for them to be handed out

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
At times I can be very needy and clingy. I'm a little needy because even though I have a low self esteem, I like it to be higher sometimes. Only others can do that for me because I can't seem to do it myself. It's rare, but I do seek compliments sometimes. I can be a little clingy sometimes though. If I like someone and am I possibly attached to them I'd obviously want to spend time with them. I guess I could take it too far sometimes and make it seem like I'm obsessed.

By the way, I will never admit to any of this.

Last edited:

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I'm neither clingy nor needy. I am probably the least romantic person in the world. I hate mushy lovey-doveyness, and I hate people who cling and question where I am and who I'm with, and I don't understand people who's entire happiness and being depends on their boyfriend or girlfriend. I think it should come from within. I trust until there's reason not to, and if you can't trust someone so need to be clingy, I don't know why you'd want to stay with that person. It seems stupid. I don't treat people like that so I wouldn't expect to be treated that way in return.

Dan

Seeking companionship in general is very dangerous, but desiring it so much that you become needy and clingy is sealing your own doom. I follow Beuats in that we shouldn't see a boyfriend or girlfriend as our "other half", people are a whole already and need to discover themselves to truly to be happy. I hate the general idea of friendship anyway it's a load of horse****, but it's sadly something we need, but let's not get too needy or clingy.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
the only way I cling is like static.. i'm a cereal cuddler do i need validation though?? no not really i'm fine with who I am as a person and I don't need compliments or anything like that. (though they are nice to hear at times)

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Am I clingy? I didn't think so. But now I think I am. I like to be with my best friend. We talk all day. Like literally all day. His school is going to start soon, so I would have to try to talk to him less so that he can concentrate on his work.

But am I in need of complements? I don't find myself actively going out to search for them. I don't think it is anyone's job to complement me. But I do appreciate it when I do receive complements, even though sometimes I may disagree :3 Every person in this world likes to be complemented. And so I try to complement others when I can. If I don't receive any complements, I won't go into depression or anything. Except if I just get harsh criticism and no complements or support. Then I might feel worse and worse about myself. But otherwise, I don't need complements. Maybe that's because I don't think too low of myself. Generally I don't think I'm a good person, but not a bad person either. I have my faults like everyone does. So I disagree with some of the complements I receive, but I appreciate them.

Yet I guess my modestly makes me feel bad if I receive too many complements. Like for example, being nominated so many times. That was a whole lot of complements from people I haven't even spoken to, and I started feeling that I didn't deserve it :sweat:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Yet I guess my modestly makes me feel bad if I receive too many complements. Like for example, being nominated so many times. That was a whole lot of complements from people I haven't even spoken to, and I started feeling that I didn't deserve it :sweat:

Well I'd understand if you had been a genuine newbie, but we all know you aren't, so...

And also, what I had previously said: I'm not that weak. I can rely on myself to stay always on the positive side of things. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom