• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are We Getting A Crappy Next Zelda Game?

The Next Zelda Game is going to Be Crappy

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

• Horrible

• Total voters

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Triforce Heroes was a crappy game. That's what we were given as a 2d 3ds title (besides ALBW).

Will we get another crappy game to take our money and fill our waiting time?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
We'll likely just get another mediocre one like BoTW or SS. They don't make great games at Zelda anymore. They haven't since 2006 no reason for it to change now.

Ninja

Well well well
I'm always going to be hopeful that the next Zelda game will be amazing. There are some good qualities in every Zelda game, however recent Zelda games are just missing that piece of the puzzle that makes it truly amazing.

My honest vote is for a masterpon mehmehmeh. I'll believe it when I play it.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
I think it is too early to really predict how good it is going to be. If it is anything like BotW, though, I think I will be very happy at the very least.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
It certainly won't do as good as BotW. Though I doubt it'll be as bad as ALBW, or TFH.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
:( I think you mistook the word "bad" for the word "good"
I liked those games too, I was talking in terms of commercial success. These were the most recent games that didn't do too hot.
They only beat a few games in terms of sales;
1. Everything else
2. ALBW
3. FS
4. TMC
5. TFH
6. FSA

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Part of me want a MM esque game for the next one. Just use the same engine and assets for the next Zelda game just so it doesnt take as long to make and their long work on their assets at engine wont just go to one game. Idk if it will be crappy or not but I do want to see a BOTW style game with a really avant garde style like MM as for OoT.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Judging by ALBW and BotW, I don't think so. They've been doing pretty well, I'd be particularly pleased if the ALBW team takes the next one. What worries me is not so much the game being bad on its own so much as not being a significant improvement, although even that would be better than another WW/TP/SS.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Zelda needs more WW/TP, and maybe one more SS (Motion control options, I mean) game. That is the way I want it to go.

Agree to disagree on the WW/TP part. If anything I'd say BotW kept too much of them for my taste, like the focus on close-ended puzzles in shrines and the empty patches of overworld although it at least bothered to have decent mechanics and a few neat areas, not to mention the simplistic enemies and the repeated enemy camp layouts.

On SS... I guess so? I'm not a fan of the SS combat system itself or pretty much any part of it, although being able to vault over moblin shields was cool. I don't have a problem with more control options if anyone wants them though, that's fine. My problems are more with the combat being entirely based around single directional swings, which becomes one-note pretty quickly. I think having items more at hand and giving them unique utilities like BotW (bow for headshots, stasis for freezing/throwing stuff, magnesis for holding stuff, bombs for cycling and bomb-parrying) is more interesting, even if BotW's own enemies don't stress usage of those that strongly. That could be fleshed out a lot, either on the abilities themselves or just making better enemies. They definitely could remove flurry rushes or make them less broken, which I have no idea how it could be done but whatever.

Last edited:

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I hope not. But all signs point to yes.

This is mostly considering that the next Zelda game is a handheld or spinoff. A main series console game might fare better since Ninty at least appears to be dialing in how to make a competent Zelda at the very least. So the next main series console installment shouldn't suck. I think we can brace ourselves for suckward quality crap here, but it's unlikely.

A traditional hand held game could also be good if Ninty treats it like ALBW or even makes an original full 3D Zelda game, but I doubt we can expect that. If not a main series installment on Switch we can expect some shoddy spinoff.

Even still, I don't expect any Zelda game from now on to thrill me like before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom