• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are these Links the only Links who are descendants of others?

Most Links are reincarnations of the Hero Spirit but there are some Links that are direct descendants of other Links the Zelda Princesses are all descendants of Skyward Sword Zelda and Hylia and are part of the Hyrule Royal Family but in the case of the Links there are only a few cases that can be confirmed as descendants of other previous Links and heroes

OOT MM Link the Hero of Time had a possible descendant in the Child Timeline and this could be TP Link the Hero of Twilight the Hero of Time as the Hero Shade refers to him as a Son and accepts him as his successor also TP Link lives in a town called Ordon it is very similar to Lon Lon Ranch and he is a Farmer he has Brown hair so is possible that the Hero of Time returned to Hyrule after MM and married Malon they founded Ordon which would explain why TP Link is a Farmer

WW Link and ST Link they look similar but i dont believe ST Link is descendant from WW Link because Niko told ST Link that he reminds him of a friend but does not say that WW Link is his father or grandfather ST Link may be a reincarnation of WW Link but i put here anyway

ALTTP/Oracles/LinkAwakening/Link with Link of Zelda 1 and 2 from the NES games Hyrule Historia confirms that the Link from the NES games may be a possible descendant of ALTTP Link

Minish Cap Link with WW Link maybe they had some connection thats why they look similar WW Link may be the descendant of Minish Cap Link in the Adult Timeline and Four Swords Adventures Link is a descendant of Minish Cap Link in the Child Timeline

Well these are all the only Links that i think may be related

Last edited:
Yeah, the Hero of Twilight canonically descends from the Hero of Time, I put it at around 6 generations on split timeline, 66 on linear timeline (thru Sue-Belle).

You are definitely right about ST Link not descending from WW Link, but on linear timeline ST Link descends from OoT Link. This is not the case in split and it's just a coincidence that within three generations, two identical blond-haired kids were born in two different families.

I personally don't think the Hero of Legend (ALttP/OoX/LA) is an ancestor of the Hero of Hyrule (Z1/Z2) Link, but this is for non-canonical reasons. In the comics, Z1/Z2 Link is from a kingdom called Calatia outside of Hyrule, and I always found it more poetic for LA Link to return home from his myriad of adventures and settle down in Hyrule. This brings up ALBW: I don't think ALBW Link descends from ALttP Link, I think he descends from Flute Boy (same with Gulley, I think they are somewhat distant cousins). But I think it is likely that ALBW Link, after adventuring with Holodrum and Labrynna Links in TFH, doesn't return to Hyrule, moves to Calatia, and he is the ancestor of Z1/Z2 Link. It ultimately doesn't matter much, but those are some thoughts.

I like to think that WW Link isn't descended from anyone, he just was great and heroic, not because of his blood. I think MC and FS Link are related, and FSA Link is probably descended from FS Link. (On linear, MC takes place after WW so MC could be a descendant of ST (or WW) and also all the other recurring characters are descendants).

Also, BotW Link could definitely be a 11,000 year descendant of Z1/Z2 Link, FSA Link could be a descendant of TP Link and OoT Link could be a descendant of FS Link. Those seem less likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom