• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are there any unlocalized games you'd like to play?

Sometimes video games don't make it beyond their country of origin, not only does this mean that buying the product becomes more difficult but language barriers may also become an issue.

Are there any unlocalized games that you want to play?

Are there even some installments of your favourite franchise locked to specific countries such as Japan, that you'd love to play?

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
In a layton game there was layton life and tjat was part of the reason i brought thr game but not available in uk...

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
this isn't as big of an issue for older games nowadays b/c of fan translations, granted there are a few games here and there that still have none

I suppose the PS2 version of Ys 5 would be one, it's the only numbered Ys entry that hasn't been released outside of japan, there's an english patch for the super famicom version but not the PS2 remake [unless I'm mistaken]
there was also a game for PS2 and gamecube called Dreammix TV World Fighters, it was a smash clone that had konami, hudson soft, and takara toyline characters and it was pretty neat
also The Great Ace Attorney I think is called by fans that was only on 3ds in japan

though if we're discounting fan translations entirely, then of course the big one is MOTHER 3, as well as all the japan exclusive Fire Emblem games, they've never been localized but we can still technically play these, oh also Terranigma which still hasn't been officaly released in north america

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
MapleStory for the 3DS and Winx Club DDR (I love the songs in it but it's UK only)

Almost forgot Tetra's Treasure Trackers, it always looked fun when they played it at the marathon.

For me I really want to play Project Zero 4, it's the only game in the series that remains Japan exclusive and it bugs me so much.

I also would like the past Tales games translated and released. Being European means I don't even get the Tales that were translated into English but only released in America, that's before we factor in the ones that were never translated and the hefty amount of Japan only spin offs I'd love to try.

Last edited:

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
The Ace Attorney games (Great Ace Attorney and Miles Investigations 2), Namco × Capcom, and Megaman Battle Network: Operate Shooting Star

I just noticed all of them are capcom games, oof what the ****

I guess Captain Rainbow is something I'd also be interested, but it's not something I, like, REALLY want, just something I'd give a shot outta curiosity

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
the MI2 fan translation is insanely high quality tbh so I doubt Capcom will do it
tbf I don't even know if one would be necessary, but I kinda just want them so a few friends with the "I'll wait until they release it officially because I don't like piracy" mentality finally get to play it without remorse lmfao

the MI2 fan translation is insanely high quality tbh so I doubt Capcom will do it
tbf I don't even know if one would be necessary, but I kinda just want them so a few friends with the "I'll wait until they release it officially because I don't like piracy" mentality finally get to play it without remorse lmfao
I know what you mean, the translation's amazing for AAI2 but still waiting on one for the Great ace attorney :confused:

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
Navi Trackers. Looks fine, don’t know much about it.
While I can play Earthbound, I’d love for them to localize the other Mother games and let us play them. The fan localizations are great, but something official would be nice. Probably not going to happen, though.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
most of the eushelly titles

Quin

Disaster Master
Most of the ones I would want already got fan translations, but I'm still gonna say Mother 3 because its a ****ing amazing game.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
A few people have already mentioned it, but the only game I can think of is the second Ace Attorney Investigations game. The first one is pretty good and I had a lot of fun with it. The second is only available in Japanese so I've never played it. There's a fan translation, like @ExLight mentioned, which is meant to be really good, but I've never got off my big arse to get it and play.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I wouldn't mind seeing Fire Emblem: Binding Blade get an American localization and proper remake. Not only would it give the devs a chance to have the chronological sequel to Blazing Sword get an English release, but they would also have the opportunity to fix the game's many issues and make it more friendly to new or bad players (like myself). I tried Binding Blade, but I stopped playing after Chapter 14 because the awful hit rates, weak units, and ambush spawns made the game painfully frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom