• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are There Any LP'ers Here?

I thought it would be fun to try to Let's Play something but I haven't done it yet. Are that any Let's Player among us here at ZeldaDungeon?

Teron

van der Nguyen
I once did walkthrough for Dead Space 2 for russian gamers on vk.com, but that's it. I don't think I have any advice for you.

I started a LP of Mario 64 and ALttP but never finished any of them, if you want any advice, do games you like and know something about them.If you do any new LP, give me a heads up and I'll watch it.

I've got few unfinished LPs on Youtube.
As well as some other random games, and such.

None of the videos are all that good, though. ^^

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
I want to get into LPing.

I've got the equipment to get started, I just haven't had the time to really pick a game and get on with it.

Caige

Moves Like Jagger.
I'm an LPer in training. I'm observing the best LPers atm and seeing how they do it and then comparing it with the way I want to do it. It's pretty important to me and something I've been contemplating for a long time. So, we'll see how this turns out. :)

bubblecrash

Oh no its back
i've been planning to do one for either megaman 5, chrono trigger, or one of the turok games, can't find a decent mic though.

I'm looking to get started as well. I figured with as many Zelda fans on here that came from YouTube, that there would be a lot more LP'ers on here.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I tried and failed because I don't have the appropriate equipment. I do have tips though:

*Buy a capture device. Be it EasyCAP or a Hauppauge HD PVR, just buy a capture device. Cell phone vids and external camera vids do not do the job and you won't get views.
*Buy editing software. Sony Vegas is the easiest place to start; Windows Movie Maker does not cut it.
*Buy a good mic. I tried to use my iPod Nano 5G and the quality is just terrible. Do yourself a favor and get the best mic possible, or better yet just buy a headset.
*Know the game you're playing, and know it well. Don't start an LP stumbling on your feet trying to get to the first area of the game – that only looks terrible and ruins your reputation.

I tried and failed because I don't have the appropriate equipment. I do have tips though:

*Buy a capture device. Be it EasyCAP or a Hauppauge HD PVR, just buy a capture device. Cell phone vids and external camera vids do not do the job and you won't get views.
*Buy editing software. Sony Vegas is the easiest place to start; Windows Movie Maker does not cut it.
*Buy a good mic. I tried to use my iPod Nano 5G and the quality is just terrible. Do yourself a favor and get the best mic possible, or better yet just buy a headset.
*Know the game you're playing, and know it well. Don't start an LP stumbling on your feet trying to get to the first area of the game – that only looks terrible and ruins your reputation.

That is some very legit advice. Yeah, I don't have all of that stuff and I agree, poor quality just isn't appealing. I have come to the conclusion that Lets Playing would be a pretty damn expensive hobby! At least to first get started.

I'm an LPer in training. I'm observing the best LPers atm and seeing how they do it and then comparing it with the way I want to do it. It's pretty important to me and something I've been contemplating for a long time. So, we'll see how this turns out. :)

Very cool, man. If you want any feedback or ideas let me know and I would be glad to watch your vids. Though school is about to start up so I am going to be a bit busier! Oh well! :D

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
Im doing one for Skyward Sword (Hero Mode) right now, My first two sucked but i started doing this voice thing recetnly people seem to be enjoying. Check out my channel in my signature

S

Spooknanners

I reallllly wanna do a LP, I have a dazzle, but I need splitters and other things.

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
I plan on doing Let's Plays for Zelda and Final Fantasy(I don't think there is Let's Plays for that, is there?) I have everything you could every need for it too.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I'm a Let's Player on YouTube (lolgames4U), I don't get a lot of views but I really want to...right now I'm playing Skyward Sword and Metroid Prime. I have a lot of fun with it and would love it if you guys checked it out. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom