• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are There Any Good Wii Games?

I love how you picked up the worst games on the console... Try TP, Brawl, Galaxy, NSMB Wii, MP Trilogy/3, No more Heroes 1 or 2, and MadWorld. You'll have a much better time.

Last edited:

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Thanks for all the suggestions, but it looks like my concerns have been confirmed. I've gotten Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (which is pretty good), and it may be a while before I pick up anymore games.

The only other games I'm considering are Okami, Super Mario Galaxy, and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. I might consider Smash Bros Brawl if I can't find anything better, because Melee was mildly interesting to play through and unlock stuff in.

The main problem with most of the other suggestions is that they're more fun in multiplayer, and I don't really play with friends. New Super Mario Bros. Wii isn't really my cup of tea... I've played it, and it just doesn't really seem like there's much reason to play that instead of one of the many platformers released during the SNES days.

It really does seem like the Wii is geared towards multiplayer games and fun/quirky concepts rather than the kind of games I tend to be interested in playing. Most of the best games are sports, multiplayer, and re-releases of GCN titles with new controls. I hate sports, can't do multiplayer unless I try to use two controllers, and don't see much point in the same games with new controls when I honestly prefer the GCN controller. But I do have to admit... that Crystal Bearers game is starting to grow on me. Mostly because the mini-games and collection/achievements are interesting to unlock. If the aiming controls weren't so jumpy and combat wasn't so hard on my wrist, it could have been an awesome game.

One thing I will never understand, for the life of me, is why people like Guitar Hero. I'd rather just buy a CD or an MP3 and listen to a professional sing.

As for the person who suggested the GCN games... that's nice of you to remind me I can play them on the Wii, but I already have all of the games you suggested, and I know they're pretty good. I had a lot of time to collect GCN games, because just got the HD cables for my GCN and held out until last Christmas to get a Wii. I have to say, part of the reason I held out was because I was hoping that after three years, we'd have a better library of decent games. I got the GCN on release, but at first there weren't many good games. What's sad is that after three years, the Wii only now has as many good games as the GCN did on release. Sigh.

Thanks again for pointing out all the interesting games, though.

Last edited:

Xixor

Warrior of the Past
I saw that you liked metroid prime so i highly recomend Prime Trilogy or just Prime 3: Corruption if you already have the other 2
Prime 3 is my favorite nonZelda game!

Juxtor

aka. musician_4_life
For any old school gamers who actually know all the versions of Street Fighter 2 on the SNES. A interesting game to look out for is Tatsunoko vs Capcom. This game its quite good for an Wii exclusive and well worth paying for. I can assure you it will bring back memories of playing SF2 Turbo on an old TV with your friends while eating pizza. Ahh when gaming brought all your friends together.......

jbkarate9

KAME HAME HA!!!!
ALSO you can also download games onto your wii using wii points. I would recommend downloading OOT,MM,ALTTP,and LOZ also another good game you can get is mario and sonic at the winter olympic games for wii it is good if you like waggle.

A

Agatha

The Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution games are good... although I'm not much of a fan of the series. The games are just good. I also liked Chocobo Dungeon for wii. It's so addictive!

bellum

Gamer since age 2
Adding on to my old post, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is definitely a game to consider. The only that is really wrong with it is the loading time. It is a fantastic game and with the online it's not very easy to get tired of it. The Adventure Mode or the Subspace Emissary is fantastic and will keep you playing non stop like I was when I got it. I would also recommend all the games in the Super Smash Bros. series.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Super Paper Mario
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption
Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario Kart Wii
New Super Mario Bros.
Links Crossnow training
Animal Crossing City Folk,
Wario Ware Smooth Moves
Mario Party 8

Pretty much all Nintendo made games are good, don't buy Ubisoft, Activision or Disney or any movie based games

I love how you picked up the worst games on the console... Try TP, Brawl, Galaxy, NSMB Wii, MP Trilogy/3, No more Heroes 2 or 2, and MadWorld. You'll have a much better time.
The worst real games, maybe. I think the worst games would mostly include all those party games. :xd:

Anyway, one game that I thought of that no one seems to have mentioned is Muramasa: The Demon Blade.

The worst real games, maybe. I think the worst games would mostly include all those party games. :xd:

Anyway, one game that I thought of that no one seems to have mentioned is Muramasa: The Demon Blade.
That's a good point, sorry I didn't make that clearer. I've had just about enough with waggle-fests. Oh, and I've read some reviews of Muramasa, which say the visuals are amazing but the gameplay is really lacking.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Yes Muramase is one of the best wii titles out there.
Well, aside from the 1st party games from nintendo that most of the members mentioned:
(But before that, i have only seen one person who mentioned Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn...whats the deal?)

Muramasa: the Demon Blade
No more Heroes
Madworld
The Conduit
Tenchu: Shadow Assassins

And since i'm in Europe, i have to wait for No more Heroes 2.
Taksunoko vs Capcom is recently out here, so i also have to buy that.

You need to milk the virtual console for all its worth. I'm not a huge fan of WiiWare, but Virtual Console is wonderful. You have some of the biggest SNES and N64 titles available (not a huge fan of the NES), and they're pretty cheap too. I strongly suggest checking it out and taking full advantage of it. As for Wii games though, you might just want to sit on your money for a while. The biggest 1st party games for the system are on the way, and all three of them look awesome. But if you don't want to do that, I strongly recommend the Metroid Prime Trilogy.

And it's good to see someone who likes the Crystal Bearers, even if it's just a tiny bit. That game got criticized far too much because of what it wasn't instead of what it is.

C

chrono123

The best Wii game is, in my opinion (not counting VC games) Tales Of Symphonia: Dawn Of The New World. I strongly buying that amazing RPG. Also, try downloading some Virtual Console (VC) games. I reccomend Ogre Battle: March Of The Black Queen, Shining In The Darkness, Super Mario 64, Sonic The Hedgehog 2 and Zelda: A Link To The Past.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Well here are some that havent been mentioned.

Red Steel 1-2
World of Goo
Tatsonoko Vs. Capcom
Megaman 9-10
Metroid Prime Trilogy
The Conduit
No more Heroes 1-2
Wii Sports Resort
Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles
RE: the Umberella Chronocles
MadWorld
Final Fantasy CC echoes something something
Okami
Muramasa The Demon Blade
Sin and Punishment 1-2
Castlrvania Rebirth./Judgement
Puch out Wii

I hoped I made difeerent sugestions and helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom