• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are There Any Good Wii Games?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I recently got a Wii, and so far I don't especially like any of the games I've gotten for it. And I don't want to get TP because I already have it for Gamecube.

Here are the games I've got so far (I didn't pick any of them except the FF one):

1. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicals: The Crystal Bearers
2. Spore Hero
3. Rabbids Go Home
4. Wii Sports

"Rabbids Go Home" is the best game of the lot (and it's objectively a pretty good game), but it's not at all my favorite kind of game to play. Final Fantasy had a great story and graphics, but the controls/gameplay were awful. Wii Sports is... absolute rubbish. There's no story, just a lot of pointless mini-games. Mini-games with amazingly good and intuitive control, but nonetheless. Spore Hero is just... meh. It feels a lot like quest grinding in WoW, and I got sick of that pretty quickly.

My favorite Gamecube games were:

1. Tales of Symphonia
2. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
3. Wind Waker
4. Star Fox Adventures
5. Skies of Arcadia Legends
6. Metroid Prime

My favorite N64 games were:

1. Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
2. Donkey Kong 64
3. Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie

My favorite SNES games were:

1. Super Mario RPG
2. Final Fantasy 6/5/4
3. A Link to the Past
4. Secret of Mana

Now, hopefully from that you can get a sense of what my tastes are. So I guess what I'm asking is... are there any games on the Wii that would appeal to someone with my taste in video games? When I look for "top Wii games" on Google, all I seem to find is stuff about variations on Wii Sports, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario/Sonic Winter Olympics, and Twilight Princess. Is that really all they've got?

Nintendo Power isn't any help these days, because they don't even tell you what the best games are anymore, so all I get is a bunch of poor Internet ratings of unreliable source. And they mostly review DS games, Virtual Console games, and Wii download content.

Ikana

Trollkastel
Super Mario Galaxy,Super Paper Mario,SSBB,Mario Kart Wii are good games but that's my opinion.You should try them out but rent them first don't buy them so you can decide if you want it or not.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Many say Super Mario Galaxy is a must have for the Wii since it utilizes the Wii's motion controls very well, not to mention great graphics and music. That and Super Smash Bros Brawl are the first two Wii games that come to mind.

Kazumi

chagy
I'd say:

Super Mario Galaxy
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Wii Sports Resort
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Tatsunoko VS. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars
No More Heroes/No More Heroes 2
Resident Evil 4
Madworld

And, those are all of the games that I can think of right now that I really like. I'd suggest looking them up and reading reviews, or possibly trying them before buying. Just to see if they are your kind of thing. Good luck

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
*Clears throat* Well I have some games I can recommend.​

Disk​

Ghostbusters the Game​

Super Mario Galaxy​

New Super Mario Bros Wii​

Metroid Prime Trilogy​

Super Smash Bros Brawl​

New Play Control! Pikmin​

Mario Kart Wii​

Super Paper Mario​

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (I know you said you didn't want it but the gameplay in the Wii version is great too!)​

Virtual Console (NES)​

Legend of Zelda​

Legend of Zelda II: Adventure of Link​

Megaman​

Megaman 2​

Megaman 3​

Metroid​

Kid Icarus​

Virtual Console (SNES)​

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars​

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past​

Super Metroid​

Super Castlevania IV

Vitrual Console (N64)​

Paper Mario​

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time​

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Virtual Console (Sega Genisis)​

Sonic the Hedgehog​

Sonic the Hedgehog 2​

Sonic the Hedgehog 3

WiiWare​

Megaman 9​

and there's my recommended thousand dollars (or euros or whatever your region's currency is). I know most of these games were originally released for other systems but you can get them on the Wii thus I classify them as Wii games.​

Last edited:

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I currently don't have any games on the VC and not very many titles for the Wii, but there are two Wii games that I have that I would recommend and they are:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Metroid Prime Trilogy -I guess you already played the 1 and 2, then You would want to buy the 3, but since Trilogy has the three of them with better graphics, wii controls, different difficulty levels, less loading time, etc, etc, etc. All of this for the price of one game, I think It's a good idea to buy the trilogy.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - It seems like you don't like fighting games, And neither do I, but if you get SSBB, you'll be impressed how fun it is!!!
It's totaly different from other fighting games!

Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbarous Treasure: OK, since I've never found it in any stores in my city, I have never played It before, but people say that it is really fun and I would like to get it. Aparently, it is based in getting different itens and using them to solve puzzles (a little like Zelda, but harder than the last ones, like TP and WW).

Okami - It is known as being the Zelda for the PS2. As I said, it was first realeased for the PS2, but they made it for wii too. It's the sabe game, but with support to widescreen and 480p. Even though the graphics are already outdated, but the artistic style sure is amazing.

Super Mario Galaxy - OK, everyone saw that coming. It's just impossible not liking this game, and that's it.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Just... so... amazing!!! It is really awesome to play with someone else. it makes it look totally new!

Zelda Wii - "oh, it has not been realeased yet" yes, and it won't be anytime soon, but my expectation is very hight and I couldn't help but to say it.

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - OK, that was just obvious, If you liked the origginal ToS, why don't you buy the sequel?

Soooooo, I guess that's it. Can't remember any other games right now.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Cooking Mama
Super Mario Galaxy
Guitar Hero III
Carnival Games
Carnival Games Mini Golf
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Tennis (Wii version)
Pinball
Wii Sports Resort
Wii Fit Plus
Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party

I hope this helps you!

Steve

5/19/13
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Mario Kart Wii
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Monster Hunter Tri (upcoming game)

Also, I agree with you on Twilight Princess, it doesn't even compare to the Gamecube version, so I definitely would not recommend it.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I don't really have very many games to recommend, because I am saving up my money for something.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii. It was an awesome game, I had to play it twice.

Brawl is also an awesome game, when I was playing the Subspace Emissary, I played it nonstop.

Last edited:

jbkarate9

KAME HAME HA!!!!
Remember you can also play GC games on it so here is a list of good GC games: Midway Arcade Treasures, good luck ifnding this one but if you can it is very good! Soul calibur 2,this one for the gamecube has link in it as a special charecter i recomend it! Super Mario Sunshine, I would recomend this one because of the gameplay it is awsome! It has a nice story and great graphics! LOZ WW, you could of guessed I would recomend this one! Great graphics great gameplay and story also! Super Smash Bros. Melee, This one has some exclusive charecters like mewtwo, roy, pichu, and dr mario great game play also! Luigis Mansion, This game has great graphics but not that good gameplay I stil lrecomend it though. Harvest Mooon Magical Melody, Great game if you like any harvest moon games! The graphics are very good and the gameplay is even better! WII games i recomend: Guitar Hero , Wii Sports Resort, only buy this one if you like waggle games, Super Mario Sluggers, If you liked the previous one you will love this one! Madworld, It has alot of blood and gore and bad language but over all is a good game. I would also recomend New Super Mario Bros. Wii/ It has nice gameplay great graphics and is a good all around game. Also I have 2 more gamecube games If you like pokemon I would recomend pokemon Coloseum and Pokemon XD gale of darkness. Now all those gamecube games i recomended may be hard to find but if you can ifnd them they are great games to play!

Personally...I think you need to stick to either Nintendo's excusive games (e.g. Mario, Metroid and Zelda) to get the best games on the Wii as you will see when I post my list of games that I think are worth buying and playing...here goes:

Super Mario Galaxy: This is a good game to play (although I find no replay value if you try and play it again straight after). I've slagged it off a bit in another thread but it's still a great game to have, it's fun and takes a few days to complete fully if you try.

Mario Kart Wii: In my opinion it's the best game of the lot yet, not for originality but because of it's online which is by far superior to Mario Kart DS's online as you can race more people on better tracks on a much bigger screen with great controls.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: This is an excellent game, I asked my brother to get me it for Christmas and he did cause he's awesome like that...anyway, on Christmas day when I went to try out my new games I picked this up first and felt it's awesomeness flow through my controller. It's fun, is great for when you have 2-3 friends around with it's multiplayer modes and it reminded me of the original games for the Gameboy's. I just love this game, in my opinion it's better than Galaxy but both are great.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: This is a fun game and in my opinion is Nintendo's Halo but also surpasses it in greatness...that's all I need to say, it's fun to play, a little puzzling and challenging on the harder difficulties (hell...this was the first Metroid I played and I found it rather hard on easy). But to save you money...grab Metroid Prime Trilogy like others have said.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: This game is a fun game to play by yourself but it excels when you have a lot of friends round...it's great fun for everyone and has features like the Subspace Emissary (I think that's how you spell it) to play on when you are by yourself along with a faily decent map editor.

My own Wii library is rather small and these are really the games that I'd recommend to any body...you could also use the VC to get severa goods games (like I bought LoZ but there are many more decent games to get from there). You could also get Mario Party 8 which is quite fun for when you have a lot of friends around too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom