• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are There Any Announcements You'd Like to See in Tomorrow's Direct Mini?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I know we all would have preferred a standard Direct focusing on Nintendo games, and the ideal scenario was we get something on Breath of the Wild's sequel. That sadly won't happen. Seeing as how the Direct will focus on third party games, what are some things you'd like to see or hear?

Games that have already been showcased earlier this month might get ports to Switch, so that might be interesting. I think for me I'd probably be happy if Tunic, which released months ago, got ported to Switch. I already have it on Steam, but I would totally buy it again just to be able to play it portably. It might be far fetched, but if Platinum Games announced ports of Nier that would be so epic. Finally, give me Genshin Impact on Switch, we already know it is going to be on Switch, just roll it out finally and I'd be a happy camper. I'd be fine with just one of these happening, and if multiple of these hopes happen than I'd walk away feeling like this was a solid Direct Mini.

What annoumcements would get you hyped tomorrow? Let me know!

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I think square enix might have a decent presence in it, like Crisis Core or the DQ3 remake or something, though I'd love to see the MGS HD collection or a Mega Man Legends collection show up, but I wouldn't bet on them
I was just thinking, I know we'd both appreciate this, what if we got a Pandora's Tower remake lol

I'd like to see the Batman Arkham games make their way onto Switch.

Obviously since Persona is coming to Xbox and PC, I think it'd be a shame if it didn't come to Switch as well.

A personal pipe dream of mine would be seeing some of the classic Burnout games on Switch. I would love to have Burnout 3: Takedown on the go. A guy can dream.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
It's about time for Falcom to get on porting the original Trails in the Sky trilogy. Just do it, Falcom.

Wild card wish would be ports of other Rune Factory games like Frontier or Tides of Destiny (as well as the original trilogy). It's a bit close after 5's release, but I don't think ports would affect 5's sales much if at all.

Genshin on Switch would be nice, though I'm curious as to how it would run given how it already struggles on PS4.

Also, since Mega Man was mentioned, I wonder if another X game will ever be in the works. Not exactly sure how well 11 did, but I think it was a decent enough success to ensure new games would be made, I think? Either way, it'd be neat.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Metroid Prime 4.

That is all.
Metroid Prime 1 Remastered is rumored to be a big holiday release this year, so hopefully previews for Prime 4 won't be too far behind since they were essentially keeping the trilogy on hold until then.
It's about time for Falcom to get on porting the original Trails in the Sky trilogy. Just do it, Falcom.
Beat me to Trails lol. Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2 are also way overdue, but the Switch is perfect for RPGs with 100+ hours of total content.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Metroid Prime 1 Remastered is rumored to be a big holiday release this year, so hopefully previews for Prime 4 won't be too far behind since they were essentially keeping the trilogy on hold until then.

Beat me to Trails lol. Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2 are also way overdue, but the Switch is perfect for RPGs with 100+ hours of total content.

Remasters of the trilogy don't really do anything for me right now. It'll just mean that the series was remastered twice without a fourth entry coming out. I've replayed Metroid Prime 1 on my PC using emulation to bump everything to 1440p and a much higher frame rate, so that's what a remaster would have to surpass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom