• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Are the enemies in BotW cute?

This might be just me but I really think the enemies in BotW are some of the cutest we've ever seen in a Zelda game.

They look really cute; Bokoblins have their cute pig snout, Lizalfos look like they're smiling all the time and Pebblits are just adorable.

They all do cute things too; Bokoblins get offended when you steal their weapons, they burp after eating, they dance and they sniff you when you're wearing a mask, Moblins hang their tongues out like dogs, Lizalfos always look confused and Wizzrobes always wave hello before they try to murder you.

Is it just me or are the enemies in BotW cute?

Last edited:

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
You are absolutely right, I wholeheartedly agree! I love the little details that BotW gives monsters, even terrifying ones like Lynels, it really adds some character to em', and for "less" dangerous ones, it makes them more like animals than just things to slash and stab!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It’s not just you. BotW has some really nice designs overall, including enemy designs. It’s fun to mess around with them because of their reactions and behavior, which are really personalized to them by enemy type. It’s like each type has its own culture surrounding it. It’s nice.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't think enemies are generally cute. Maybe two cute enemies in the game.

Bokos are pretty cute with their mannerisms little snouts and floppy floppy earsies. Lizalfos are kind of cute with their big eyes too but I think that's where the cuteness ends.

Moblins are pretty freakish and gangly looking. They are very much monstrosities. Hinox are also fat ugly mofos. Lynels are not cute. Guardians and mini guardians aren't cute, Keese are not cute and Chu Chus have lost their cuteness and haven't been cute since WW. Also unless you find KKK outfits cute the Wizzrobes aren't very cute either.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I like them a lot.

I don't think it's their designs really. Don't get me wrong, I think they all look really nice, but I really believe it's their mannerisms and animations that make them so lovable.

Most all of the enemies in the game have gotten a genuine smile or smirk out of me more than once.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Bokos kinda are with their many interactions with the world. Pebblits are too, how they chase you with their stubby legs

The Wizzrobes are kinda cute with their cool designs and the way they wave at you, but the Bokoblins are just annoying. Don't see anything cute about them.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh hell yes. Like Shroom already said, it's their mannerism and animations. Especially Bokoblins. They really have a heartbreaking scream when you give them the final blow. I love and adore them. So extremely cute!

dtc

Actually if you think about it monsters are one of the charactwrs where the most thought was put in (esppecially seeing some "important" characters), and overall one of the best aspects of the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom