• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are Termina and Lorule in the Same Dimension?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Termina and Lorule are quirky places, featuring colorful cultures with masked ceremonies, it's people are not as peaceful as those of Hyrule's dimension, in both Termina and Lorule they are stressed, angry and are pretty sinful: they steal, murder, pretty much all races are alienated from each other. Both places feature parallel characters from Hyrule, although in Lorule they have different hair color but still, it's pretty much the same. The most controversial part of this theory is about the Triforce, in both Termina and Lorule the Triforce is not highly regarded, it's pretty much the cause of all their suffering, not to mention it was destroyed, so it would make sense that if Termina is in this same dimension, the triforce would not be that important, as many probably never heard of it, and if they do, they hate it, as it is shown in Ikana and Stone Temple in which it is mocked. And regarding the fact that in some Ikana scultures the triforce is not upside down like Lorule's triforce, well maybe that will change on the remake, or it's just a perspective issue

Djinn

and Tonic
Termina seemed to be a little messed up, largely because of skull kid antics, but it never appeared to be in quite the same level of decline as Lorule. Of course Lorule is seen many hundreds to possibly thousands of years later on so I suppose the large cracks in the ground have not erupted open yet and society broken down much. However the whole alternate dimension that just so happens to have its own versions of all the very same people found in Hyrule does seem to be telling. But then I have to wonder just where is Lorule castle and the local kingdom from the region of Clocltown. Lorule is not exactly a newly established place and should be almost as old as Hyrule but there is no evidence of another major kingdom nearby.

It is possible that they are in the same world, but it does seem like a stretch that there could be clones of everyone in Hyrule in both an equal kingdom placed in the same ares, and a random town also placed in the same relative area.

Termina seemed to be a little messed up, largely because of skull kid antics, but it never appeared to be in quite the same level of decline as Lorule. Of course Lorule is seen many hundreds to possibly thousands of years later on so I suppose the large cracks in the ground have not erupted open yet and society broken down much. However the whole alternate dimension that just so happens to have its own versions of all the very same people found in Hyrule does seem to be telling. But then I have to wonder just where is Lorule castle and the local kingdom from the region of Clocltown. Lorule is not exactly a newly established place and should be almost as old as Hyrule but there is no evidence of another major kingdom nearby.

It is possible that they are in the same world, but it does seem like a stretch that there could be clones of everyone in Hyrule in both an equal kingdom placed in the same ares, and a random town also placed in the same relative area.

Well Termina could be a different country, but still in the same dimension, as Labrynna, Holodrum and the continent where New Hyrule would take place are all in the same dimension as Hyrule. Certainly Ikana is not a major kingdom, it's lands are small and it didn't had any major involvement in the rest of Termina

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Termina has been shown to be a parallel dimension as has to some degree Lorule but to claim they are the same is wrong. I will point this out MM is a parallel realm and Lorule was basically a mirror of another world. With MM the people were different than in OOT but in Lorule they had the same basics as Hyrulians did. Not to mention the fact that you could access MM through a pathway in Lost woods and Lorule was only accessible to Yuga's meddling at the first crack.

Termina had it's own seperate kingdom. Lorule didn't

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Ok wild theory time. Take it as you please, but I'll have to use some past posts of mine:

First part that ties in here is my theory that Lorule is actually Hyrule. Well, was Hyrule, before it followed a separate path. I'll leave the full post below in a spoiler, but summed up I basically said that Lorule was an alternate outcome of the Imprisoning War where the people of Hyrule decided to destroy the Triforce to stop Ganon. It's not completely out there though, I do give some evidence to support it.

*So a couple of things before I delve into details: one, this is a theory, which means that not all what I say is going to be true and it will be mainly me attempting to piece together evidence to support the title. Two, this will contain spoilers, and if you've haven't completed the game, and don't want to be spoiled, then I encourage you not to read*

The title obviously details what I'm putting forward here: Lorule is actually Hyrule. Now let me explain this in a better way. Hyrule is sometimes referred to as the castle, the kingdom, the land and even the world - I'm just going to use the term for the entire world here. So Hyrule was created by the three Goddesses (I'm sure we all know that) and it was split into three separate timelines: Defeated, Child and Adult. Now these are all in fact separate wolrds as they are not connected, but run in line with one another. In other words, they are Parallel Worlds. This is my favourite definition of such:

A Parallel World, or Universe, is a self-contained reality that is a hypothetical result of a variant occurring.

Now for those who are unfamiliar with the Multiverse Theory, it's basically just the idea of the possibility of infinite universes which exist due to different outcome occurring. I'll quickly explain: there may be two choices someone might make, if they choose option A then that will create one outcome while choosing option B leads to a different outcome. Now you have two separate outcomes at the result of a variant.

What does all this have to do with Zelda you ask? Well this does in fact occur within the Timeline itself. You have the Adult Timeline being the natural flow of events; however the other two timelines have a different outcome due to a variant. In the Child Timeline, Link--now with proof and knowledge--prevents what happens in the events of Ocarina of Time. While in the Defeated Timeline, Link is actually defeated by Ganon himself. Now we all know this shapes the landscape of Hyrule and changes the outcomes as each Timeline is severely different to its counterpart.

Now I'm going to use this logic in my theory for what Lorule is. Lorule was once Hyrule. Now the key word is "once" and I'll explain why. First off, I'm going to jump to one of the final cut scenes within the game where Hilda tells us of Lorule's origins: (skip to around 1.20)
[video=youtube;dzsX_0DnM-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=dzsX_0DnM-Y[/video]

Now the origin story is very, very reminiscent of The Imprisoning War, which is coincidently the origin story of A Link to the Past. Now even though this scene is pretty brief it actually does seem to follow a familiar pattern with the people of Hyrule lusting over the Triforce; however the outcome was different. In the Imprisoning War, the Knights of Hyrule sealed the entrance to the Sacred Realm (Dark World), thus preventing inevitable destruction by Ganon and his minions. However, in the Lorule War it seems that the leaders, or Gods (we don't know), decided the best solution was to simply destroy the Triforce.

Now we know that the destruction of the Triforce lead to even worse consequences for the land and it's appearance is strikingly similar to that of the Dark World. Now of course that's to put it in line with the game's design choice: making it similar to its father: A Link to the Past, but I also feel it has a deeper meaning. Lorule is basically Hyrule in ruins. The Dark World, however, mirrors Ganon's heart and his intentions - here's where I make reference to Sheik from Ocarina of Time:

Sheik: "The resting place of the sacred triangle, the Sacred Realm, is a mirror that reflects what is in the heart...the heart of one who enters it..."

So basically Ganon is evil and the Dark World perfectly reflects that. Lorule is a world in ruins and it's basically an insight into Hyrule ruled by evil and deadly monsters. It also explains why Lorule is very similar to Hyrule itself, it's almost as if it's a look into Hyrule's dark future - which is kind of the feeling I got when playing. It was as if something went drastically wrong. Now I'm not seeing this as Hyrule's future, but instead, Hyrule's present -- in a world where the Triforce was destroyed.

So what's with Lorule's version of the Triforce? Well most people think it's this "Dark Triforce", the antithesis of Hyrule's own and this was further supported by its concept art within the title of the game. Although, take a look at the real image of the Triforce in comparison:

Zv6UWDH.jpg
dinuIF9.jpg

As you can see, the Triforce is the same relic and not this so called "Dark Triforce" and I think this goes for Lorule too as that isn't Dark Hyrule as we've witnessed when learning of its origins. So why was the Triforce a different symbol... well let me rephrase that, why was it upside down? Well I want to refer back to that YouTube clip of Lorule's origins. They speak of banishing the Triforce and this is the image shown:

XiZ32i0.jpg

Now you witness here the Triforce being forced down as if it's showing that the power is gone, or in other words, buried - a sign of death. Now I think this is a form of symbolism; the Triforce pointing downwards is a sign of its demise. Something pointing upwards is usually a symbol of power and might, while this is completely the opposite. Anyway, speaking of Demise, what about his sword and the same relic being shown? Well I think it was Demise's true intentions to destroy the Triforce entirely. Demise seemed jealous of the Gods; his hatred for them and Hyrule itself may have lead to his overall intentions in Skyward Sword - I don't think he would ever want to support one of the God's creations.

Ok so I went on a slight tangent there, but I do believe this is the same Triforce we all know it's just that it's position symbolises it's destruction and downfall.

There are still a few more things that might need to be covered to convince people. What about Ravio? Well the Triforce is the balance of power in Hyrule; it ties good and evil together essentially. When an evil is present a Hero rises, such is the beginning of most Zelda games. However, when the Triforce was destroyed it left those who were destined to hold a specific piece without power. Ravio wasn't exactly any Link here and I believe that's because of the appearance of no Triforce. He still showed heroic actions, but he just didn't have the adequate power in order to execute them on his own; he needed the help of a real hero, one who could bear the Triforce of Courage - Link.

---

Anyway, I think that's my theory wrapped up. I'd appreciate some feedback and critique if necessary, also please tell me your own theories of Lorule.

The second part is about Termina and works off the same concept as my Lorule one that Termina is actually Hyrule, but a Hyrule that followed a different path.

Interesting theory, I do disagree with a lot of the points you raised, but interesting nonetheless.

---

Termina is certainly an odd place, an alternate world to Hyrule, which houses different settings with a sense of similarity. It's almost too foreign to be similar, but it manages both at the same time. Similar characters, well same to be exact, but they lead vastly different life styles. Then you have similar locations and even mythology to an extent but they are still very different and too foreign to be directly linked to the world of Hyrule.

It's a big question; what is Termina? Is it it's own world? Well yes, it's a world which is not connected to Hyrule - well not interlinked anyway - the only connection being a strange portal of sorts, the origins of which remain unknown about. To delve into Termina we have to delve into alternate worlds themselves and into the many theories that have been debated in our won world. Is Termina simply an alternate world in which different events happened? Well that would be a parallel world, a world which coexists with its counterpart, but it contains a different reality.

Well a "different reality" very much describes Termina, but why isn't Hyrule or any noticeable point of interest there? We see multiple of characters of whom are coexisting in the world of Ocarina of Time, but why isn't there any real Hyrule based location? This is a mystery, one that Nintendo didn't intend us to solve, but here we are. We see a lot of symbols that seem to show the Triforce (not sure on exact locations). Well since Hyrule and it's neighbouring provinces are the only known places to know of the Triforce, then it has to be linked somehow, right?

---

Well what if Termina was Hyrule? This is where I go into my own theory of sorts. So far we know that Termina is a parallel world; a dimension which contains a different reality but coexists with its counterpart. So that would mean something must have happened for the landscape to change and the Kingdom to no longer exist. Well we have one obstacle; that is the mythology.

The mythology in Termina seems to revolve around "time" a concept very much common in Hyrule, so that isn't a foreign element by any means. Now we actually have some expansion on this: the Goddess or Time, a figure who is barely mentioned but seems to have some sort of connection to the Song of Time - a song passed down though the Royal Family. So the Goddess of Time could easily be connected to Hyrule, but what about the other deity-like figures? Well we have Majora and the Fierce Deity, now I have my own seperate theory which links them in with the sun and moon gods/guardians (I won't get into that here though) - overall I see them as demigods. So who knows, these two figures could exist in Hyrule itself, maybe we just haven't seen or heard of them in an actual game.

The latter figures would be the four giants, which throw me off a bit. They are quite wacky, a theme throughout the game itself, but who are they? Well the people of Clock Town seem to worship them, if I recall, some call them gods. In my eyes they are simple guardians who protected the land, but why aren't they existent in Hyrule's world? It's hard to counter that argument; however, we do know of a group of four: the Light Spirits in Twilight Princess. It's a loose link, but they were spiritual guardians, could we be seeing early descendents? Who knows, but guardians come and go throughout the history of Hyrule, these four figures could just be present for that period of time.

---

Now this is how I see it, Termina is a parallel world that coexists with Hyrule. However, this "foreign" land is actually Hyrule, just slightly... different. Maybe something happened in its past (a catastrophic event) maybe the moon once crashed down before, thus obliterating Hyrule, while its survivors flocked to outer regions. Termina in my eyes is basically a hypothetical world were a different set of events happened to the original Timeline - this is also the same case with the splits in the Timeline itself. So could Termina simply be another split? Well hypothetically, there could be multiple splits; endless coexisting worlds, it just so happens that Link stumbled upon a wormhole of sorts and was able to travel between the two worlds.

---

With both being interconnected parallel world's to Hyrule, they share that connection but that's it. Think of it like this, let's say Majora's Mask and The Wind Waker take place roughly in the same period of time, but they lie on separate planes (different splits in time). That's essentially what a parallel world is, it runs side-by-side with its counterpart, but never meets. Termina and Lorule run side-by-side with Hyrule but never meet. Well they meet via some kind of wormhole of sorts but that's a different story.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Ok wild theory time. Take it as you please, but I'll have to use some past posts of mine:

First part that ties in here is my theory that Lorule is actually Hyrule. Well, was Hyrule, before it followed a separate path. I'll leave the full post below in a spoiler, but summed up I basically said that Lorule was an alternate outcome of the Imprisoning War where the people of Hyrule decided to destroy the Triforce to stop Ganon. It's not completely out there though, I do give some evidence to support it.

*So a couple of things before I delve into details: one, this is a theory, which means that not all what I say is going to be true and it will be mainly me attempting to piece together evidence to support the title. Two, this will contain spoilers, and if you've haven't completed the game, and don't want to be spoiled, then I encourage you not to read*

The title obviously details what I'm putting forward here: Lorule is actually Hyrule. Now let me explain this in a better way. Hyrule is sometimes referred to as the castle, the kingdom, the land and even the world - I'm just going to use the term for the entire world here. So Hyrule was created by the three Goddesses (I'm sure we all know that) and it was split into three separate timelines: Defeated, Child and Adult. Now these are all in fact separate wolrds as they are not connected, but run in line with one another. In other words, they are Parallel Worlds. This is my favourite definition of such:

Now for those who are unfamiliar with the Multiverse Theory, it's basically just the idea of the possibility of infinite universes which exist due to different outcome occurring. I'll quickly explain: there may be two choices someone might make, if they choose option A then that will create one outcome while choosing option B leads to a different outcome. Now you have two separate outcomes at the result of a variant.

What does all this have to do with Zelda you ask? Well this does in fact occur within the Timeline itself. You have the Adult Timeline being the natural flow of events; however the other two timelines have a different outcome due to a variant. In the Child Timeline, Link--now with proof and knowledge--prevents what happens in the events of Ocarina of Time. While in the Defeated Timeline, Link is actually defeated by Ganon himself. Now we all know this shapes the landscape of Hyrule and changes the outcomes as each Timeline is severely different to its counterpart.

Now I'm going to use this logic in my theory for what Lorule is. Lorule was once Hyrule. Now the key word is "once" and I'll explain why. First off, I'm going to jump to one of the final cut scenes within the game where Hilda tells us of Lorule's origins: (skip to around 1.20)
[video=youtube;dzsX_0DnM-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=dzsX_0DnM-Y[/video]

Now the origin story is very, very reminiscent of The Imprisoning War, which is coincidently the origin story of A Link to the Past. Now even though this scene is pretty brief it actually does seem to follow a familiar pattern with the people of Hyrule lusting over the Triforce; however the outcome was different. In the Imprisoning War, the Knights of Hyrule sealed the entrance to the Sacred Realm (Dark World), thus preventing inevitable destruction by Ganon and his minions. However, in the Lorule War it seems that the leaders, or Gods (we don't know), decided the best solution was to simply destroy the Triforce.

Now we know that the destruction of the Triforce lead to even worse consequences for the land and it's appearance is strikingly similar to that of the Dark World. Now of course that's to put it in line with the game's design choice: making it similar to its father: A Link to the Past, but I also feel it has a deeper meaning. Lorule is basically Hyrule in ruins. The Dark World, however, mirrors Ganon's heart and his intentions - here's where I make reference to Sheik from Ocarina of Time:

So basically Ganon is evil and the Dark World perfectly reflects that. Lorule is a world in ruins and it's basically an insight into Hyrule ruled by evil and deadly monsters. It also explains why Lorule is very similar to Hyrule itself, it's almost as if it's a look into Hyrule's dark future - which is kind of the feeling I got when playing. It was as if something went drastically wrong. Now I'm not seeing this as Hyrule's future, but instead, Hyrule's present -- in a world where the Triforce was destroyed.

So what's with Lorule's version of the Triforce? Well most people think it's this "Dark Triforce", the antithesis of Hyrule's own and this was further supported by its concept art within the title of the game. Although, take a look at the real image of the Triforce in comparison:

Zv6UWDH.jpg
dinuIF9.jpg

As you can see, the Triforce is the same relic and not this so called "Dark Triforce" and I think this goes for Lorule too as that isn't Dark Hyrule as we've witnessed when learning of its origins. So why was the Triforce a different symbol... well let me rephrase that, why was it upside down? Well I want to refer back to that YouTube clip of Lorule's origins. They speak of banishing the Triforce and this is the image shown:

XiZ32i0.jpg

Now you witness here the Triforce being forced down as if it's showing that the power is gone, or in other words, buried - a sign of death. Now I think this is a form of symbolism; the Triforce pointing downwards is a sign of its demise. Something pointing upwards is usually a symbol of power and might, while this is completely the opposite. Anyway, speaking of Demise, what about his sword and the same relic being shown? Well I think it was Demise's true intentions to destroy the Triforce entirely. Demise seemed jealous of the Gods; his hatred for them and Hyrule itself may have lead to his overall intentions in Skyward Sword - I don't think he would ever want to support one of the God's creations.

Ok so I went on a slight tangent there, but I do believe this is the same Triforce we all know it's just that it's position symbolises it's destruction and downfall.

There are still a few more things that might need to be covered to convince people. What about Ravio? Well the Triforce is the balance of power in Hyrule; it ties good and evil together essentially. When an evil is present a Hero rises, such is the beginning of most Zelda games. However, when the Triforce was destroyed it left those who were destined to hold a specific piece without power. Ravio wasn't exactly any Link here and I believe that's because of the appearance of no Triforce. He still showed heroic actions, but he just didn't have the adequate power in order to execute them on his own; he needed the help of a real hero, one who could bear the Triforce of Courage - Link.

---

Anyway, I think that's my theory wrapped up. I'd appreciate some feedback and critique if necessary, also please tell me your own theories of Lorule.

The second part is about Termina and works off the same concept as my Lorule one that Termina is actually Hyrule, but a Hyrule that followed a different path.

Interesting theory, I do disagree with a lot of the points you raised, but interesting nonetheless.

---

Termina is certainly an odd place, an alternate world to Hyrule, which houses different settings with a sense of similarity. It's almost too foreign to be similar, but it manages both at the same time. Similar characters, well same to be exact, but they lead vastly different life styles. Then you have similar locations and even mythology to an extent but they are still very different and too foreign to be directly linked to the world of Hyrule.

It's a big question; what is Termina? Is it it's own world? Well yes, it's a world which is not connected to Hyrule - well not interlinked anyway - the only connection being a strange portal of sorts, the origins of which remain unknown about. To delve into Termina we have to delve into alternate worlds themselves and into the many theories that have been debated in our won world. Is Termina simply an alternate world in which different events happened? Well that would be a parallel world, a world which coexists with its counterpart, but it contains a different reality.

Well a "different reality" very much describes Termina, but why isn't Hyrule or any noticeable point of interest there? We see multiple of characters of whom are coexisting in the world of Ocarina of Time, but why isn't there any real Hyrule based location? This is a mystery, one that Nintendo didn't intend us to solve, but here we are. We see a lot of symbols that seem to show the Triforce (not sure on exact locations). Well since Hyrule and it's neighbouring provinces are the only known places to know of the Triforce, then it has to be linked somehow, right?

---

Well what if Termina was Hyrule? This is where I go into my own theory of sorts. So far we know that Termina is a parallel world; a dimension which contains a different reality but coexists with its counterpart. So that would mean something must have happened for the landscape to change and the Kingdom to no longer exist. Well we have one obstacle; that is the mythology.

The mythology in Termina seems to revolve around "time" a concept very much common in Hyrule, so that isn't a foreign element by any means. Now we actually have some expansion on this: the Goddess or Time, a figure who is barely mentioned but seems to have some sort of connection to the Song of Time - a song passed down though the Royal Family. So the Goddess of Time could easily be connected to Hyrule, but what about the other deity-like figures? Well we have Majora and the Fierce Deity, now I have my own seperate theory which links them in with the sun and moon gods/guardians (I won't get into that here though) - overall I see them as demigods. So who knows, these two figures could exist in Hyrule itself, maybe we just haven't seen or heard of them in an actual game.

The latter figures would be the four giants, which throw me off a bit. They are quite wacky, a theme throughout the game itself, but who are they? Well the people of Clock Town seem to worship them, if I recall, some call them gods. In my eyes they are simple guardians who protected the land, but why aren't they existent in Hyrule's world? It's hard to counter that argument; however, we do know of a group of four: the Light Spirits in Twilight Princess. It's a loose link, but they were spiritual guardians, could we be seeing early descendents? Who knows, but guardians come and go throughout the history of Hyrule, these four figures could just be present for that period of time.

---

Now this is how I see it, Termina is a parallel world that coexists with Hyrule. However, this "foreign" land is actually Hyrule, just slightly... different. Maybe something happened in its past (a catastrophic event) maybe the moon once crashed down before, thus obliterating Hyrule, while its survivors flocked to outer regions. Termina in my eyes is basically a hypothetical world were a different set of events happened to the original Timeline - this is also the same case with the splits in the Timeline itself. So could Termina simply be another split? Well hypothetically, there could be multiple splits; endless coexisting worlds, it just so happens that Link stumbled upon a wormhole of sorts and was able to travel between the two worlds.

---

With both being interconnected parallel world's to Hyrule, they share that connection but that's it. Think of it like this, let's say Majora's Mask and The Wind Waker take place roughly in the same period of time, but they lie on separate planes (different splits in time). That's essentially what a parallel world is, it runs side-by-side with its counterpart, but never meets. Termina and Lorule run side-by-side with Hyrule but never meet. Well they meet via some kind of wormhole of sorts but that's a different story.

This theory isn't as wild as I've seen others come up with. I agree with what you said, assuming parallel worlds exhist this is how it would work, the run side-by-side, but never meet, like you said. I actually like to think Termina is in a sense how Hyrule would be if it had no Triforce, and no goddesses.
The same applies to Lorule, its probably what would happen to Hyrule had it followed a different path. I say your theory is more well thought out than most people's.

The Scribe of Spirit approves! :yes:

Zv6UWDH.jpg
dinuIF9.jpg

XiZ32i0.jpg

---

---

---

---

---

Your Lorule argument is very interesting-- I think you've got me. The entire existence of the realm never seemed very rational to me, but viewing it as a sort of split from Hyrule, I think, clears up a few of the loose ends there.

Termina, on the other hand, is a little bit too out there. In defining Termina, I think you truly have to look at the broader landscape concerning the Zelda universe as a whole. We currently know of, I believe, six "alternate dimensions"-- the Sacred Realm, the Windfish's Dream, Termina, the Twilight Realm, the World of the Ocean King, and Lorule. Arguably, Demise's realm could be counted among them. The Wind Fish's dream is simply his own subconscious entrapment-- logically, still within the holds of the Hyrulean Realm; so we can cross that out.

Lorule would seem to differentiate itself, being an exact mirror of Hyrule with its own Sacred Realm (also notable is its lack of accessability-- only by a flaw of nature are the two universes conjoined). I think the theory that these two were once one and the same fits for a number of reasons, such as the similar political and national structure. So we can liken Lorule to another split in the timeline and cross that off.

What we're left with are four (possibly five) truly distinct realms, each with its own connection to the original Triforce (each at least references the Triforce in some way). Thus we can infer that these realms lie, in some way, within the dictation of the Goddesses. Also notable here is that each one has a specific access point that, to our knowledge, did not/does not spontaneously appear. Perhaps all four of them are simply pocket universes, branching out from the Hyrulean Realm? perhaps. I think, at the very least, it's very likely that Termina and the World of the Ocean King are of the same nature, as both are very similar in concept. The Twilight Realm and the Sacred Realm also have much in common-- and I think these would more accurately fit the term "pocket universe." Both seem to be artificial planes of existence, constructed and sealed by divine means for the purpose of housing inherent danger (the Twili and the Triforce, respectfully).

By far the most interesting of the pairs would be Termina/the Ocean King's World. They're mysterious by their very nature, and I feel as though you can always delve deeper in philophosizing as to their existence, and, more importantly, their purpose.

Both Termina and Lorule are quirky places, featuring colorful cultures with masked ceremonies, it's people are not as peaceful as those of Hyrule's dimension, in both Termina and Lorule they are stressed, angry and are pretty sinful: they steal, murder, pretty much all races are alienated from each other. Both places feature parallel characters from Hyrule, although in Lorule they have different hair color but still, it's pretty much the same. The most controversial part of this theory is about the Triforce, in both Termina and Lorule the Triforce is not highly regarded, it's pretty much the cause of all their suffering, not to mention it was destroyed, so it would make sense that if Termina is in this same dimension, the triforce would not be that important, as many probably never heard of it, and if they do, they hate it, as it is shown in Ikana and Stone Temple in which it is mocked. And regarding the fact that in some Ikana scultures the triforce is not upside down like Lorule's triforce, well maybe that will change on the remake, or it's just a perspective issue

As far as being stressed angry and resorting to nastiness, they're both nations in distress, as far as them being the same place, no. From what little I do know I think Hyrule and Termina are neighboring kingdoms and Hyrule and Lorule are mirror opposite realms. As fas as gameplay wise? Places like Labrynna, Holodrum and Koholint it feels nice to get outta Hyrule now and again and give you new lands to explore. As far as the people being the same, well its like Palette Swaps, its probably easier for programmers to just re-use some of the same stuff.

Last edited:
I do not thin Termina and Lorule are in the same place. Lorule is an alternate dimension, while Hyrule and Termina are neighboring places. Link just rode his horse to Termina, but to get to Lorule, Link has to merge into a wall and travel through a crack.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Termina is a parallel world as stated in Majora's Mask's game manual, while Lorule is a dark version of Hyrule. These two places are completely unidentical geographically, and do not even exist on the same timeline, as ALBW takes place on the "Hero is Defeated" timeline, while Majora's Mask takes place on the "Hero is Triumphant" timeline.

81a3b2b0f1.png

16e8b29a1b.png

Last edited:

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
These two places are completely unidentical geographically, and do not even exist on the same timeline, as ALBW takes place on the "Hero is Defeated" timeline, while Majora's Mask takes place on the "Hero is Triumphant" timeline.

I agree that Lorule and Termina are completely different places but just because these places/dimensions are not featured in games on each Time Line dose not mean that they don't exist on each Time Line They just have not been relevant to the story of any of the games on the other Time Lines. What they are exactly like in each Time Line will differ but I bet my tail they still exist there.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!

Zv6UWDH.jpg
dinuIF9.jpg

XiZ32i0.jpg

---

---

---

---

---

Termina is a parallel world as stated in Majora's Mask's game manual, while Lorule is a dark version of Hyrule. These two places are completely unidentical geographically, and do not even exist on the same timeline, as ALBW takes place on the "Hero is Defeated" timeline, while Majora's Mask takes place on the "Hero is Triumphant" timeline.

81a3b2b0f1.png

16e8b29a1b.png

*sigh* I knew this moment would come. The moment I saw people thinking that Termina is Hyrule, I brought up how the next thing would be people thinking, is that Lorule is Hyrule and I was right, sadly.

Let me say this in ways you can understand, Termina and Lorule are not Hyrule, I repeat, Termina and Lorule are not Hyrule. The MM manual, HH, ALBW's official site, ALBW itself, and even Nintendo themselves have confirmed that Termina and Lorule are both a parallel world (Not universe) of Hyrule. Evidence? Well it's that simple:

1) Lorule has an uppside Triforce, with different virtues. Proof of their Triforce having different virtues would mostly be Ravio.

2) Termina doesn't even have a Triforce, if they did, it would likely be the same as Lorule's, seeing as Termina is more like Lorule than Hyrule.

3) Both world's counterpart's of Link, Ravio and Kafei are more alike each other than they are of Link.

4) Termina and Lorule both exist in a different dimension from Hyrule. Same universe, same timeline, just different dimension.

5) If Termina were Hyrule, MM's events would've existed on a separate timeline from the timeline in which TP set's place in, unless OoT/MM Link were to completely abandon his Hyrule for Termina and Termina became the Hyrule in TP but then, for that to work, TP would've had to been a totally different game, not mention, more modern than even MM.

6) Like I keep trying to make clear to people, the term "parallel world" doesn't necessarily always mean parallel universe, especially not in this case as like I said, Termina and Lorule exist in different dimension but in the same universe as Hyrule.

The Legend of Zelda exists in a world where magic dominates, so having different dimensions in one same universe is possible in a world like that. I'm sorry but turning to the logic of this world in which is dominated by science to speculate on things within such a series that exists in a such a magic dominated world like The Legend of Zelda isn't always going to work. That is why most people's theories tend to epic fail sometimes, like this theory as if Termina and Lorule were both Hyrule in different universes don't work because official sources prove otherwise and again, also because that's thinking with scientific logic not magical logic.

Learn to face the facts, Termina and Lorule are not Hyrule and can never be, deal with it.

Edit:

Now you witness here the Triforce being forced down as if it's showing that the power is gone, or in other words, buried - a sign of death. Now I think this is a form of symbolism; the Triforce pointing downwards is a sign of its demise. Something pointing upwards is usually a symbol of power and might, while this is completely the opposite.

Um, no. This video is perfect proof of otherwise:

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Let me say this in ways you can understand, Termina and Lorule are not Hyrule, I repeat, Termina and Lorule are not Hyrule. The MM manual, HH, ALBW's official site, ALBW itself, and even Nintendo themselves have confirmed that Termina and Lorule are both a parallel world (Not universe) of Hyrule. Evidence? Well it's that simple:
Never did I ever state that Terminal or Lorule are Hyrule (present tense), I said they were Hyrule. Big difference.

Ok so first off, do you know what a parallel world actually is? A parallel world is a parallel universe, which is an absolute fact. So you're wrong there. So yes, Termina is a parallel universe, there's no logical way to argue this.

1) Lorule has an uppside Triforce, with different virtues. Proof of their Triforce having different virtues would mostly be Ravio.
This is not proof. Do you have confirmation of these different virtues? The Triforce being inverted, is, in my opinion, symbolism. It acts the same way as the Triforce, it's just an alternate one. The reason you see it being inverted across Lorule is its significance. It's no longer present, it was destroyed.

2) Termina doesn't even have a Triforce, if they did, it would likely be the same as Lorule's, seeing as Termina is more like Lorule than Hyrule.
Termina may not have the Triforce present in the game, but that doesn't mean it didn't once exist, or that it's hidden away. Also, did you not see the symbols of the Triforce dotted around Termina? Why would there by symbols of it if it didn't exist? Did they just randomly draw a Triforce?

3) Both world's counterpart's of Link, Ravio and Kafei are more alike each other than they are of Link.
I see some similarities between the two sure, but that's for another theory, I has no relevance here.

4) Termina and Lorule both exist in a different dimension from Hyrule. Same universe, same timeline, just different dimension.
This doesn't make any sense.

The Timeline showcases alternate worlds/dimensions. Wind Waker is a parallel world to Majora's Mask. The definition of a parallel world is a self contained reality that coexists with its counterpart. So keeping this example, MM coexists with WW but has a very different reality. Look up constants and variables and the multiverse theory and you'll understand where I'm coming from.

5) If Termina were Hyrule, MM's events would've existed on a separate timeline from the timeline in which TP set's place in, unless OoT/MM Link were to completely abandon his Hyrule for Termina and Termina became the Hyrule in TP but then, for that to work, TP would've had to been a totally different game, not mention, more modern than even MM.
Ok I'll explain this, as it's something that hasn't really been addressed.

The Child Timeline does showcase that MM exists there, but look at the events... Link starts off in Hyrule, somehow ventures into another world, but here's the important thing, he returns to his own world. So it would logically showcase it within the same Timeline because he only leaves the world for a short period of time in the grand scheme.

6) Like I keep trying to make clear to people, the term "parallel world" doesn't necessarily always mean parallel universe, especially not in this case as like I said, Termina and Lorule exist in different dimension but in the same universe as Hyrule.
Like I said before, those terms are synonymous. Factually you can't argue against that.

The Legend of Zelda exists in a world where magic dominates, so having different dimensions in one same universe is possible in a world like that. I'm sorry but turning to the logic of this world in which is dominated by science to speculate on things within such a series that exists in a such a magic dominated world like The Legend of Zelda isn't always going to work. That is why most people's theories tend to epic fail sometimes, like this theory as if Termina and Lorule were both Hyrule in different universes don't work because official sources prove otherwise and again, also because that's thinking with scientific logic not magically logical.
Ok, I see sort of where you're coming from now. But that's just making things up really. Saying it possible because it's a magical world without any evidence, in game or out, to back it up. I'd happily follow the theory, if something in game alluded to it, but it hasn't. So I'm using what we know in the real world to explain some of the occurrences within the Zelda universe.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Never did I ever state that Terminal or Lorule are Hyrule (present tense), I said they were Hyrule. Big difference.

Ok so first off, do you know what a parallel world actually is? A parallel world is a parallel universe, which is an absolute fact. So you're wrong there. So yes, Termina is a parallel universe, there's no logical way to argue this.

This is not proof. Do you have confirmation of these different virtues? The Triforce being inverted, is, in my opinion, symbolism. It acts the same way as the Triforce, it's just an alternate one. The reason you see it being inverted across Lorule is its significance. It's no longer present, it was destroyed.

Termina may not have the Triforce present in the game, but that doesn't mean it didn't once exist, or that it's hidden away. Also, did you not see the symbols of the Triforce dotted around Termina? Why would there by symbols of it if it didn't exist? Did they just randomly draw a Triforce?

I see some similarities between the two sure, but that's for another theory, I has no relevance here.

This doesn't make any sense.

The Timeline showcases alternate worlds/dimensions. Wind Waker is a parallel world to Majora's Mask. The definition of a parallel world is a self contained reality that coexists with its counterpart. So keeping this example, MM coexists with WW but has a very different reality. Look up constants and variables and the multiverse theory and you'll understand where I'm coming from.

Ok I'll explain this, as it's something that hasn't really been addressed.

The Child Timeline does showcase that MM exists there, but look at the events... Link starts off in Hyrule, somehow ventures into another world, but here's the important thing, he returns to his own world. So it would logically showcase it within the same Timeline because he only leaves the world for a short period of time in the grand scheme.

Like I said before, those terms are synonymous. Factually you can't argue against that.

Ok, I see sort of where you're coming from now. But that's just making things up really. Saying it possible because it's a magical world without any evidence, in game or out, to back it up. I'd happily follow the theory, if something in game alluded to it, but it hasn't. So I'm using what we know in the real world to explain some of the occurrences within the Zelda universe.

This is why I don't like to argue with people of today anymore, they rely too much on science!!! They never once ever think about how magic works in a world of MAGIC! Plus, they always ignore ALL evidence that is RIGHT in FRONT of THEM!!! This is the LAST TIME I am EVER going to argue about something that SHOULD NOT even NEED to be argued about.

1) Like I said, Termina and Lorule were NEVER Hyrule!

I KNOW what a parallel world, I KNOW a parallel world can mean parallel universe sometimes but that is NOT the case with Termina and Lorule. They are parallel worlds as in they exist in another dimension that can be in SAME universe as Hyrule. ALBW pretty much makes it that obvious, the way Link traverses into Lorule, he's NOT time traveling, he's traversing between dimensions. Remember the end of the Phantom Ganon fight in OoT what Ganon said to Link? He said the following:

Ganon: What a worthless creation that ghost was! I will banish it to the gap between dimensions!!

And we all know where Phantom Ganon went after that, to TERMINA! That's where he got a new sword which had engraved on it the names of the blacksmiths from TERMINA! Again, Termina and Lorule exist in another dimension not another universe.

2) Yes it is. Ravio said to Link that he is a coward at heart. Ravio admits he is loyal to Hilda. The game suggests Ravio's virtue is Loyalty NOT courage. Hilda's passion for Lorule mislead her to being so naive she ended up trusting the wrong guy, therefore Hilda's virtue would be Fervency which stands love and passion. And we ALL know that Yuga's virtue is obviously Insight due to his sense of creativity and that he fancies in art. Well that's weird, where have I seen these virtues before? Oh, right, NOT Hyrule, NO, TERMINA! Wait, what? Termina has the same virtues? Yes, it does indeed. Look at this:

Fervency - Termina: Ranch sisters's bloodline and Anju's. / Lorule: Hilda's bloodline

Loyalty - Termina: Fierce Deity's and Kafei's bloodline(s). / Lorule: Ravio's bloodline

Insight - Termina: Majora. / Lorule: Yuga.

OMG, Termina and Lorule really are a lot alike, could they be the same world but in different time periods? Yes.

Also, it seems you ignore a certain piece of evidence regarding Lorule's Triforce:

3) Have you NOT played the remake? They REMOVED it!

4) Yes it does. It proves that Termina and Lorule were NEVER Hyrule!

5) Yes it does makes, it may not to you because, again, like I said, you think in scientific terms, not magical terms. Seriously, you must enjoy watching to many American Sci-fi movies and shows.

6) Now THAT doesn't make sense. I said if Termina exists in another timeline, MM's events in TERMINA would NOT even be placed in the Child Timeline, the same timeline as TP. It doesn't matter if OoT/MM Link was involved in those events, it would be Termina's history NOT Link's timeline's history. Think about OoT, that game isn't in the Child Timeline cause it never happened in that timeline since all was undone in the past that Link was sent back to while the world where his achievements as a hero still exists continues without him in another timeline.

7) No they're not and yes I can.

8) I'm NOT making this up. All the evidence you need is right in front of you. Again, you're ignoring ALL evidence, I told you the games that allude to this, you're just ignoring that cause you know you're wrong and don't want to admit it. I could go on and on all day about this if I have but I won't cause it's too much time and I got other things to do that are more worth my time than arguing with people who don't know the difference between a magic dominated world and science dominated world. How many times do I to say this, Zelda exists in a world where MAGIC is DOMINATE, our world is a world where SCIENCE is DOMINATE!

There difference here. With magic, anything is possible, with science, magic can be falsely debunked in such a way that people buy into when science is misused like that. Have you ever watched Young Justice, the episode where Kid Flash had to wear Dr. Fate's helmet, Kid Flash didn't believe in magic because of science? It's kinda like that. It's hard for the two forms of logic to exist in the same world together cause they're always going to clash into each other and try to prove the other wrong. That's why you can't think in scientific terms when it comes to speculating on something like the world of Zelda. It just doesn't work like that okay, I'm sorry.

And again, my point still stands tall, Termina and Lorule were never and will never be Hyrule. Deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom