• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ARe Skyward Sword Minigames Too Hard?

Am I the only one who got very frustrated with the minigames in SS? I despise the SKy Diving one, but the minecart, and arrow ones also got on my nerves as well. The first one, i clearly lean one way and and the game sends me in the exact opposite direction. As for the arrows, Im not a good shot.

I liked the difficulty of the minigames. I'd rather have the minigames be hard than too easy. It did take me a few tries on each one to get the reward, especially the roller coaster one. Just keep practicing and do them over and over, eventually you get it.

MW7

The only ones I'd change are the High Dive and the Thrill Digger. I would have made the wheel slow down a little more if you had passed through the hoops perfectly so that luck played less of a role in the sky diving one. In the Thrill Digger I would have liked it to be less luck-based as well. With very slight changes it could have been much more skill-based. It had some element of skill but would have been more logic-based if the value of a rupee only corresponded to a single amount of bombs. For instance if blue rupees always had two bombs around them instead of one or two then logic would have much more useful in that game. It already played a role, but I wish the game was closer to actual minesweeper (meaning that it's winnable nearly every time if you don't hit a bomb on one of your first digs and play perfectly).

Minigames that require luck to win are just stupid IMO because player skill doesn't play a role in some of these. Skyward Sword's minigames weren't that bad, but some minigames in the series have been awful because they were entirely luck-based (for example digging for the heart piece in ALTTP).

I'd like to illustrate the Thrill Digger problem I have a little more. It was easily my favorite minigame, but I think it would have been infinitely better with more emphasis on logic. I'm fairly good with logic so I'm pretty sure I knew what I was doing, but I struggled to win the game (dig up all the rupees leaving nothing but bombs- it gets you a treasure). I was playing on easy and I could get it down to five spaces nearly every time (meaning four bombs and one rupee). I was using logic to get to that point, but had to switch to guessing because there was no logical basis for me to figure out which space had the final rupee (IIRC this wasn't the case everytime but usually it was- I did win the game eventually without having to guess at the end). The game could have been greatly improved IMO with more emphasis on logic.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Like MW7 was getting at, SS' minigames aren't hard, it's that they're a bit too luckbased. No skill, so "hard" and "easy" don't really play a part in the difficulty as it is essentially randomly generated.

Yes, not hard and I resonate with the sentiments of others that there is a degree of luck involved in SS. There have been far harder mini games in other Zeldas so it is a breath of fresh air not to have to buy new controllers or a TV this time around.

The one minigame I have real trouble with most of all at the moment isn't Dodoh's High Dive or Fledge's Pumpkin Pull, it's Kina's 5 pumpkin balancing walking game, I drop the pumpkins no matter how slow I walk or whichever way I lean when they wobble.:mad:

Maffiline

nirorlei
I like the minigames. So far, I've done the Fun Fun Island one, Kina's Pumpkin Delivery (you put the pumpkins in the shed), the Clean Cut one at Bamboo Island with Peatrice's father, the Bug Hunt, and the Harp minigame.

For me, the hardest one is the harp, because I'll get the rhythms perfect (part of it is because I'm a musician so I know rhythms well) and then at the end, for some reason they hate my performance. But I'm slowly progressing. I find the harp one my favorite so far, because Kina's singing also annoys my mom. :3

S

Scarpath

The mini-games are fun but they eat your Rupees fast! Instead of playing Thrill Digger just hit the Rupee ore that's on the walls for free Rupees.

Zukoia

DestiaDestroyerOfBokoblin
They are kinda hard (never played the digger 1 just because I hate digging) I'm having trouble with the last heart piece with Fledge bow mini game (forgot the name) I just hate when he starts randomly throwing them far then close I miss almost all of them there and I come around 560 points >.> Dodoh's high dive took me like 1000 rupees to complete it just because Link starts diving faster when ever I want him to go to the upper side >.>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom