• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Are Side Quests well designed?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Age of Calamity features, among other things, two kinds of side activities. Training activities, where you can participate in separate battles, often with unique conditions, and side quests that has you gather material to complete settlements or supply merchants to open up shops and get boons and benefits.

Do you like these two aspects of the game? Are they well designed, according to you? Have you, or do you consider to 100% the game?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I have already 100%’d the game and I absolutely feel they’re very well designed. It’s far better than the badge system in the first HW by quite a lot. It gives you a nice feeling of progression and building up the world, especially with each of them having a little story to go with it. Im very happy with how they were done.

Robbie fan club
Mostly yes. The grinding in this game feels way better than the first HW, getting little stories about how the materials actually help makes the world feel more alive and gives them more purpose than simply seeing a number go up.

The missions themselves lean a little too heavily on having super strict time constraints imo, which is my only real complaint. It leads to them feeling a little bit samey overall, since I tend to just run through everything to get straight to any objectives. Not a huge deal, more mildly annoying.
Oh and one hit KO missions are just worse imo. In the first game enemies died in one hit as well, and you could technically take a hit that would drop you down to a quarter of a heart before death, now I just spend way longer painstakingly making sure I actually kill things to avoid getting sniped by a random enemy I thought had died, and it's just tedious.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
In general I like the sidequests. The only thing I like better in the first HW are the restricted to a certain group missions. Once you beat a restricted mission in HW the restriction got lifted. Here the restriction remains as far as I can tell.
I like how you can continue a mission when you get defeated. On some missions my characters aren't at the recommended level so when I get beaten the game allows me to continue where I left. I like that. Not possible on all sidequests though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom