• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are Link's Eyes Blue, or Brown

Braivety

FPT | Breb
Are you serious? His eyes are blue. He dosen't have brown eyes in any game. If you mean the toon links such as four swords or wind waker, then he has black eyes not brown.:triforce::zora::deku::goron:

M

MudditheMudkip

I see Link with blue eyes, but on my Phantom Hourglass poster, he has a tint of brown. Mainly, though, I think it's blue. I just can't picture him with any other color.

zellinkda

one of many
I also want to know when Link's eyes were ever brown. I mean sure, much of the official art from several games features Link with black pupils, but I don't recall an instance of brown. I attribute two first instances of Link with black pupils - LoZ and AoL - to the generic art design they were going for, which does not appear to pay very much attention to detail.
Link_Artwork_%28The_Legend_of_Zelda%29.png

A Link to the Past
Link_%28The_Adventure_of_Link%29.png

Adventure of Link​

The other instances of such - Wind Waker, Four Swords, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks - I attribute to the general new design of Link; with the whole Wind Waker look carrying over to other titles. To be honest this design would look odd with blue eyes, and the black pupils work pretty well IMO.
294px-Link_Wind_Waker_3.png

The Wind Waker design that carried on to FS/FSA, MC, PH, ST.

Aside from those instances, Link has been portrayed with blue eyes in the following games: A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword.
1 ALttP | 2 OoT | 3 SS

473px-Link_Artwork_1_%28A_Link_to_the_Past%29.png
322px-Young_Link_Artwork_2_%28Ocarina_of_Time%29.png

493px-Link_Artwork_1_%28Skyward_Sword%29.png

In wind waker they were brown.

S

SaruKame2

Aside from when he takes on a cartoon-like appearance, I know Link to have blue eyes, which I think suit him perfectly. I love the color!

Well, Blue is more common, except when Black is present on toon Links. They're only ever referred to as Blue, despite being Brown in few cases, which are only in artwork.

T

TriforceofTwili

Link has blue eyes. In every 3D game (with the exception of the Wind Waker) Link's eyes are clearly blue, and in Twilight Princess, his eyes being blue are very important. Some characters, such as Telma comment on his blue eyes, I believe she says they are "Wild and proud, like a feral beast" and the light spirits, when talking to wolf link, refer to him as a "blue-eyed beast". Toon Link has black eyes, but if you look carefully at official artwork for Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, there is a slight shade of brown in his eyes, but I wouldn't really count this. Link has blue eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom