• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are Link's Eyes Blue, or Brown

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm pretty sure his eyes are blue; in the official art for at least the 3D games he has blue eyes, and in games like SS, OoT and I believe TP he has blue. They could actually vary, who knows...

I also want to know when Link's eyes were ever brown. I mean sure, much of the official art from several games features Link with black pupils, but I don't recall an instance of brown. I attribute two first instances of Link with black pupils - LoZ and AoL - to the generic art design they were going for, which does not appear to pay very much attention to detail.
Link_Artwork_%28The_Legend_of_Zelda%29.png

A Link to the Past
Link_%28The_Adventure_of_Link%29.png

Adventure of Link​

The other instances of such - Wind Waker, Four Swords, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks - I attribute to the general new design of Link; with the whole Wind Waker look carrying over to other titles. To be honest this design would look odd with blue eyes, and the black pupils work pretty well IMO.
294px-Link_Wind_Waker_3.png

The Wind Waker design that carried on to FS/FSA, MC, PH, ST.

Aside from those instances, Link has been portrayed with blue eyes in the following games: A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword.
1 ALttP | 2 OoT | 3 SS

473px-Link_Artwork_1_%28A_Link_to_the_Past%29.png
322px-Young_Link_Artwork_2_%28Ocarina_of_Time%29.png

493px-Link_Artwork_1_%28Skyward_Sword%29.png

Medri

Erus Per Tempus
I envision him with the blue eyes for any of the "realism styles.' If I see a toon rendition, it is irrelevant.

Even in WW he had blue eyes. They were mostly black but they had a blue fade at the bottom in some of the cutscenes if I remember right.

Let's get an actual WW photo if we're going to do it, going off of a brawl one doesn't sit well with me.

Let's get an actual WW photo if we're going to do it, going off of a brawl one doesn't sit well with me.

Um... I provided one in my post. lol Did you not check the spoilers?

Here's an image of Wind Waker Link. (from the spoiler in my post)
294px-Link_Wind_Waker_3.png

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
When I think of Link in my mind I see his eyes as blue. It looks better that way too. Too many people have brown eyes, it makes him look too normal. The blue eyes make him unique.

D

Deku Link

Minish Cap has blue eyes in-games.

LinkCapless%28TMC%29.gif

Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks both have brown eyes, just not able to see in-game.

487px-PH_Link_Ciela.png

668px-ST_Link.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom