• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are Ganon’s Minions Evil?

Are Ganon’s Minions Evil?

• Evvvill! They are Evil!

• No They Are Brainwashed or Bespelled

• Convinced by The Triforce of Power to Serve

Results are only viewable after voting.

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo (I have my card)
ZD Champion
IMG_1947.jpeg

Ganon has so many minions such as Moblins, Bokoblins, Stalfos, Wolfos, and etc. Are they evil or are they under his power, possibly brainwashed, or even convinced to serve him like say Bokoblins who respect strength.

Last edited:

Daku Rinku

ZD Champion
I think we are meant to see them as evil in earlier installments, but in later games I think there is some nuance.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
i did write an mainsited article writing i tthought the bosses werent evil.... had some funny pics....

Daku Rinku

ZD Champion
did dat!! it was written years ago...
Oh nice! Great article, I totally agree Gothma is jusy protecting her babies, and Volvagia I think is just a dragon chillin in Death Mountain, I mean where is a dragon gonna hang? Near lava of course haha.

Phantom Ganon is tragic cuz he is magical dopplaganger like Dark Link, they are like golems of black magic and I feel sorry for them.. they did not choose to be evil, they were made that way by sorcery.

Ganon can be seen, ask @Bowsette Plus-Ultra as not evil but trying to help his people The Gerudo. Bowsette has the most flushed out theory and explanation.

Ashley the Witch

Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown.
ZD Champion
In Twilight Princess especially, it's clear that Boblins, and other creatures only see power as a way to prove loyalty. I feel like a lot of Zelda enemies are more or less minding their own business, but have a tough life being outcasted. So they turn to the only person who is willing to give them a place in the world. Seeing Ganon as powerful, and recognizing only strength. They follow his path, but are willing to not abide by any alliance. Even in the first installment, there are some Moblins who just pay Link to leave them alone. It's obvious they just wish to survive, but only see power as a way to get what they want. Poor guys only want peace.

Ashley the Witch

Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown.
ZD Champion
Breath of the Wild, and even the other games, they only attack when you get close to their territory.

Daku Rinku

ZD Champion
In Twilight Princess especially, it's clear that Boblins, and other creatures only see power as a way to prove loyalty. I feel like a lot of Zelda enemies are more or less minding their own business, but have a tough life being outcasted. So they turn to the only person who is willing to give them a place in the world. Seeing Ganon as powerful, and recognizing only strength. They follow his path, but are willing to not abide by any alliance. Even in the first installment, there are some Moblins who just pay Link to leave them alone. It's obvious they just wish to survive, but only see power as a way to get what they want. Poor guys only want peace.
This is a valid point of view. People in desperation resort to power being their means of protection, I think of the Sith in Star Wars. Darth Bane said in Path of Destruction that the reason people were joining The Sith in the war is because The Republic does not care about the Outer Rim, that in those territories people are outcasts and abandoned, and they seek someone to help them rise, and become less dejected, and so they turn to the darksiders.

i did think of that but then i was like i cant remember enough and BOTW and tears were too ughhh....
A Link To A Past would be great, memorable bosses.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Basically they are monsters already and willing to kill when necessary. I don't think they are evil but they sure are creatures you don't wanna hang out with just for fun.
Although in BotW I did hang out with them :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom