• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas Worth Playing?

ZeldaMaster

Lightning Farron
So my friend is going to let me borrow his Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. Anyway I want to know are they actually playing and beating?

Big Octo

=^)
Yes, by all means. Beating the games would just be part of it, there is so much to do that'll keep you hooked.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I'm on the bench about this one. Although Fallout 3 is a good game, I'm not convinced about New Vegas since it seemed to be just about the same, just a quick way for them to make some more money.

Austin

Austin
I would argue that New Vegas is an overpriced expansion pack
Although Fallout 3 is a good game, I'm not convinced about New Vegas since it seemed to be just about the same, just a quick way for them to make some more money.

[video=youtube;WrjwaqZfjIY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY[/video]
[video=youtube;tRVUOGUmxJI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRVUOGUmxJI[/video]

You're wrong. New Vegas, besides far outstripping Fallout 3 in every way imaginable, is also very much unlike its predecessor. Whereas Fallout 3 was made by Bethesda and is more or less an updated version of Oblivion with guns and radiation thrown in, New Vegas is made by Obsidian, whose team contained of ex-Interplay (developer behind the first two masterpieces) employees, and takes after the first two games. It contains far more depth than 3, and considering how good 3 was, this makes New Vegas absolutely extraordinary. Anyone who says otherwise either hasn't played both games or is just plain mistaken. This isn't arguable.

OP, they are both very much worth playing. I can guarantee they will be among the best games you'll ever play. New Vegas especially is, in my opinion, of the greatest games ever made. Additionally, if you find yourself enjoying them (which if you're a rational human being in the slightest you will), you should give the first two games and Tactics a try as well.

Kazumi

chagy
You're wrong. New Vegas, besides far outstripping Fallout 3 in every way imaginable, is also very much unlike its predecessor. Whereas Fallout 3 was made by Bethesda and is more or less an updated version of Oblivion with guns and radiation thrown in, New Vegas is made by Obsidian, whose team contained of ex-Interplay (developer behind the first two masterpieces) employees, and takes after the first two games. It contains far more depth than 3, and considering how good 3 was, this makes New Vegas absolutely extraordinary. Anyone who says otherwise either hasn't played both games or is just plain mistaken. This isn't arguable.

OP, they are both very much worth playing. I can guarantee they will be among the best games you'll ever play. New Vegas especially is, in my opinion, of the greatest games ever made. Additionally, if you find yourself enjoying them (which if you're a rational human being in the slightest you will), you should give the first two games and Tactics a try as well.

I can mostly agree with this. For the longest time I thought that Fallout 3 was superior to Fallout New Vegas, for various reasons but after playing through New Vegas a second time I realized that I was quite mistaken. New Vegas actually has a lot more depth not only in it's story, but also in the various factions, quests, and weapons. While I don't think that Fallout 3 was "just an upgraded Oblivion", I do agree that New Vegas is the better of the two modern Fallout games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom