• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are All Gorons Males

green goron

Best of the Gorons
I have never seen a female goron. In all the zelda games they refer to each other as "brother" and not "sister". Yet, you see baby gorons with dads and without moms. In Oot Darunia has a son but there is no mother. In Tp Castle Town there is a baby goron who says his dad is out by the bridge but doesn't mention his mother. Why? Maybe he doesn't have one. There are also two baby gorons in the hot spring on Death Mountain. But in none of these games is there a female goron. If there are no female gorons though how are new goron babies born? Do male gorons have the babies? Do you guys think there are female gorons?

R

rubiick

well, as far as I know there are no female gorons, we should have seen one by now, or at least some comment referring to one

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
It's anyones guess really.

But I don't think it could be too far from the truth if I said that Gorons are born from volcanic rock or even molten rock. What determines who has custody of the child is beyond me. Just a little idea to think about =P.

Djinn

and Tonic
When dealing with a semi magical race that is mostly rock and is capable of ingesting rock and soil for nutrient, we cannot exactly assume that they are a similar form of life as the familiar Hylians.

However there have been a couple different thoughts concerning the Gorons and their reproduction. The first theory is that the females are totally indistinguishable from the males to human eyes. Their differences are so subtle that any humanoid would never fully tell the difference since they all resemble a male humanoid. But the Gorons are fully capable of telling the difference. Interestingly this might mean that to a Goron all Hylians would look too tiny, squishy and weak.

There was an interesting case made for the Gorons being a mammal on Desert Colossus a few years back
Goron.PNG

The second theory is that they do not reporduce the same as would a Hylian/human. They are most likely not mammals even though they do somewhat resemble them in shape. (even if they do have weird little rocky nipples in TP) They have been compared to Coral in the past, due to their supposed rocky shell on their backs which resemble the coral's calcium exoskeleton. And then reproduction explaines as asexual, possibly budding. Which brings up
in which a new organism grows on another one. The new organism remains attached as it grows, separating from the parent organism only when it is mature. Since the reproduction is asexual, the newly created organism is a clone and is genetically identical to the parent organism.
Which could possibly explain the lack of diversity in the Gorons. Just about all of them outside Darunia and the elders in TP look exactly like any other Goron

Goron.png

180px-OoT_Goron_Model.png

There is almost no variation in the random unnamed Gorons. And even then Medigoron and Biggoron simply look like larger versions of the standard.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I think that Gorons are genderless, and reproduce asexually. This is why you don't usually see a Goron with more than one parent.

I mean, they have no flesh. There's nothing about their physical makeup to indicate that they have genders. They're basically living rocks.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Well actually in the OoT manga, it shows a "mother goron". "She" has eyelashes and the little goron calls him mommy. I believe that it was just to show that Gorons are like people, but I agree with others saying that there are only male Gorons.

As im the king of gorons i can say there are no female gorons.:lol::lol:;)
Unless there is one female each hundred yrs,same with the gerudo one male each hundred yrs.
Maybe they can reproduce each one by itself.

lol, i love looking at these threads to see some of the crazy ideas people come up with ^. This is another one of those times that fans are looking further into it and in reality Nintendo didn't care enough to show us.

I believe that there are female Gorons, but we are not able to distinguish them due to their features being extremely similar to that of their male counterparts. I'm sure that there are many animals on this planet that without equipment or an experienced and educated mind would not be able to tell the difference between, as they look near enough exactly the same to us, but their genders are easily to distinguish to another of their species. Nothing states that there diffinately aren't females Gorons, we just assume that there aren't as it isn't obvious. It could be that half the Gorons you have seen in any Zelda game are females, which is more than likely.

As Djinn made a point about in that post, Gorons also have a belly button. Something that exists due to the umbilical cord being attached to the body whilst unborn to make sure that the baby is kept alive and healthy. So that's some science that suggests that there is more than likely a female gender to the Goron race.

The fact all Gorons look the same may have more to do with developer laziness than anything else. Video games take a long time to make and I'm sure they cut corners in ways they know won't be detrimental to the end product. People would notice if all humans looked the same, but members of other races can look identical and it's all good. Zoras and Deku Scrubs from OoT all look much the same, with the exception of the important characters.

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
simply put all gorons look the same so it is very hard to know which gender a goron is without asking what gender they are

Djinn

and Tonic
The fact all Gorons look the same may have more to do with developer laziness than anything else. Video games take a long time to make and I'm sure they cut corners in ways they know won't be detrimental to the end product. People would notice if all humans looked the same, but members of other races can look identical and it's all good. Zoras and Deku Scrubs from OoT all look much the same, with the exception of the important characters.

This is true but we have seen Gorons in Majoras Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, the Oracles, and Four Swords Adventures. And in all those games in their individual development teams and time spent per title have taken the time to create just one female looking Goron. I can see how they might have run out of time in OoT and maybe MM, but by now we should have seen one if there was ever an intent to make Gorons much like the other Humanoid tribes of Hyrule.

I had a very similar argument in why have we never seen a child Gerudo in any titles too. Hylians, Zora, Gorons, Rito, Anouki and Deku all have kids roaming around but never a Gerudo.

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
This is true but we have seen Gorons in Majoras Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, the Oracles, and Four Swords Adventures. And in all those games in their individual development teams and time spent per title have taken the time to create just one female looking Goron. I can see how they might have run out of time in OoT and maybe MM, but by now we should have seen one if there was ever an intent to make Gorons much like the other Humanoid tribes of Hyrule.

I had a very similar argument in why have we never seen a child Gerudo in any titles too. Hylians, Zora, Gorons, Rito, Anouki and Deku all have kids roaming around but never a Gerudo.

you went off topic there so you might get an infraction! better watch out next time!

Maybe the female gorons are very reclusive. Maybe goron societal rules only permit the males to interact with the outside world. Maybe female gorons can only survive in extremely hot volcano-type environments wheras male gorons can walk around outside.

Octo Rocked

Dr. Octorokapus BLAAAAAH!
As im the king of gorons i can say there are no female gorons.:lol::lol:;)
Unless there is one female each hundred yrs,same with the gerudo one male each hundred yrs.
Maybe they can reproduce each one by itself.

You know, going off this, it's possible that the Gerudo and the Gorons...no. No, no, no. I'm not even going to think about that.

But anyway, I like to think that the Gorons do somehow reproduce and don't just grow from rocks. I also like to think that the Gorons are the only ones who know how it works, and that it's largely a secret to the rest of Hyrule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom