• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Arcade Tournament #4 - Helicopter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Even though I practiced beforehand (like, yesterday), it took me until after my first two tries to remember that it is the mouse instead of arrow keys. And then on my 3rd game, my computer decided to start glitching out.

Don't think this tourney could've gone any worse for me XD

Well, good luck with the rest of the tournament everybody who's still in! :)

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Jimmy, my first attempt at the second round glitched out on me. After I crashed, it told me that the score would not be saved. The tournament bracket has me down as doing one attempt, but the score is 0 because the game didn't save my score for whatever reason. It's literally impossible to score a 0 in the game, as some forward movement is necessary even to start the game. If you could reset my attempts back to 0, it would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, a site bug will have caused me to lose a valuable attempt.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jimmy, my first attempt at the second round glitched out on me. After I crashed, it told me that the score would not be saved. The tournament bracket has me down as doing one attempt, but the score is 0 because the game didn't save my score for whatever reason. It's literally impossible to score a 0 in the game, as some forward movement is necessary even to start the game. If you could reset my attempts back to 0, it would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, a site bug will have caused me to lose a valuable attempt.

I can't reset scores in the tournaments but since nobody had played their games yet I made the next round as a new tournament with the 4 progressing players.

With that, the second round has now started. As usual, there are three days to complete your games from the time of this post. Good luck!

Batman

Jimmy, it did it again. My first attempt gave me the 700+ score. I tried a second attempt about 30 secs later, got 1100+, and it said it would not save my score. So now it has me down for 2 attempts but with my lowest score showing up as it didn't save my new high score.

I'm not sure you can or should do anything about it, I just thought I'd let you know. Everyone playing this tournament should be aware of this potential glitch. You may achieve a great score only to have the system spit in your face.

EDIT:

I just finished my third and final attempt, and got an 800+ score. But again, my true high score was in the 1100s, the system just didn't save my score but nevertheless counted the attempt.

EDIT #2:

I advise everyone playing in this tournament to log out and log back in after every attempt. Logging out seems to reset everything so that the glitch won't occur.

Last edited:

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jimmy, it did it again. My first attempt gave me the 700+ score. I tried a second attempt about 30 secs later, got 1100+, and it said it would not save my score. So now it has me down for 2 attempts but with my lowest score showing up as it didn't save my new high score.

I'm not sure you can or should do anything about it, I just thought I'd let you know. Everyone playing this tournament should be aware of this potential glitch. You may achieve a great score only to have the system spit in your face.

EDIT:

I just finished my third and final attempt, and got an 800+ score. But again, my true high score was in the 1100s, the system just didn't save my score but nevertheless counted the attempt.

Sorry about that but since I can't edit scores I can't really do much about this. Regardless, mkwLM scored in the 1400s so in this case it wouldn't have made a difference in who progressed.

Due to a quick completion of the last round this post marks the start of the final round. We have three days to complete our games, best of luck mkwLM.

Batman

Sorry about that but since I can't edit scores I can't really do much about this. Regardless, mkwLM scored in the 1400s so in this case it wouldn't have made a difference in who progressed.

Due to a quick completion of the last round this post marks the start of the final round. We have three days to complete our games, best of luck mkwLM.

Yeah, that's fine. It makes me feel better seeing mkwLM score in the 1400s. He would have beaten me anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom