• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

April 2011 Release Date?!?!

Ikana

Trollkastel
The girl at MY Gamestop Counter siad they would be recieveing copies in March.
Never trust what Gamestop says. Many times they have said a game will be released on this date but when that date comes it always tends to be false.Never trust unannounced release dates only trust what Nintendo says.

Sasuke Uchiha

The Crimson Alchemist
Never trust unannounced release dates only trust what Nintendo says.
Yeah, I'm sure that Gamestop is less correct about dates then Nintendo, but Nintendo does get the release dates wrong, at least, that's my experience.

I have learned to never trust release dates. About a year before Twilight Princess came out Best Buy was selling pre-orders. The first time for July 05 and later for Nov 05. Neither happened. A few other titles have done the same but not with the same length of time passing between first release date announcement to the actual release date.

I am just saying you should not hold your breath. We have heard so little on SS so far that we might just see a couple more release dates before the actual product hits a store shelf.

Hey, don't worry! It's "Over halfway complete!" We've got nothing to be worried about!
/sarcasm
I can't help but feel that Nintendo will delay SS. It's just kind of a gut feeling I'm having. The least they could do is feed us a little bit of information to keep us interested. Honestly, the silent wait for SS is boring me. If I must wait for such a long time, why not keep me interested with a little bit of new information here and there?

Whoa...i think we may have the same b-days (lol)

On to the subject though, I think Nintendo wants to release this game a good amount of time before their next system comes out so many people will buy it. However, Nintendo also wants to make this a great game by taking extra months to develop it. The combination of these two factors will result in my opinion a May release. I am very confident we will be seeing a new console system at E3 in June, however that would be a good time to give us a last final preview of SS...

May seems about right to me as well. I hope its no later. April would be great, but when its perfect, is when i want it the most!

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I asked GameStop and they said June 10. I'm kinda getting confused with all of these different release dates!

Yeah, I'm sure that Gamestop is less correct about dates then Nintendo, but Nintendo does get the release dates wrong, at least, that's my experience.
Nintendo doesn't get the dates wrong, they are the ones that MAKE the release date. The are also the ones that announce if it's going to be delayed or not.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Honestly, I'm none too concerned about whether it comes out tomorrow or comes out in November. I mean, I would like to get SOME new information between now and the release, but I'm doing my best to wait patientially for whenever it happens to come out.
And clearly, if all these stores are saying different release dates (Seems like they say between March and June), they're being extraordinarily unreliable. Like others have said, if Nintendo hasn't released an offical date (as far as I'm aware), there is no way the store can. Even if Nintendo picks a date, who's to say it'll be out then. They can push it back 5 times before is comes out if they really wanted to.

I think it's interesting that many people don't even want to pre-order it till an official date is announced. I put my money down on it already. I figure whether it comes out in April, November, or whenever, I'll be able to go get my copy with no problems that why. I'm not sure what the money situation is going to be down the line, so this way I'm prepared either way. I've been working seasonally at Gamestop this year, and our release date was April 1, but that's definitely not reliable. It'd be awesome if it were out in February, but it seems like we'd have heard a lot more about it by now if that were the case, wouldn't we?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I think it's interesting that many people don't even want to pre-order it till an official date is announced.
I still haven't even pre-ordered Pokémon yet. When I pre-ordered HG&SS, I was promised a Lugia figure and a Ho-Oh figure. A couple weeks later another store offered a third figure if you pre-ordered both games from them. I won't pre-order SS until I know what gifts each store will give me, if any.

April is a good time to release it if you think about it. The only problems I can see is the fact that some people may have no money after buying a 3DS. Anyone have any ideas on how much one would be?

The 3DS is gonna be, like, 300 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:O>.>-.-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom