• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

April 2011 Release Date?!?!

Nicole

luke is my wife
Last week, I went to a local GameStop to serch for a couple Zelda games (ALttP and MC, already beat MC!!). My mom did some early Christmas shopping and pre-ordered SS for me... Supposedly, the guy behind the counter said the game was set to release in April. Thoughts, ideas, hopes??

Djinn

and Tonic
I have learned to never trust release dates. About a year before Twilight Princess came out Best Buy was selling pre-orders. The first time for July 05 and later for Nov 05. Neither happened. A few other titles have done the same but not with the same length of time passing between first release date announcement to the actual release date.

I am just saying you should not hold your breath. We have heard so little on SS so far that we might just see a couple more release dates before the actual product hits a store shelf.

Nicole

luke is my wife
They just wanna keep us waiting....!! Although I did hear theories on Zelda Informer or Zelda Universe about a March release date. We can assume anywhere between late march/ early April and... December 2011??

Beeker

Wild Card
I've already started to see things about Skyward Sword pre-orders. As much as I want to pre-order and get this game, I'm waiting until an official date is announced. Even then it can't be sure, in case of delays.

As for the release date, I've always thought April 2011 was a fair date to release Skyward Sword. There are still four months for them to tweak the game and finish it. But even if there is a month or two needed to make the game better, I'll wait.

M

Mechanical Gun

GameStop always gives you a pretty solid release date. They thought Halo: Reach would release around late September, while it released September 14, 2010.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Well, I'm thinking it releases probably in the spring months. It is already half complete, as confirmed, so maybe we might be seeing new info in a month or two.

I'm predicting that SS will definately be out before June 2011. My prediction is Late April/very early May next year. Possibly late March.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I think it is hard to tell. I mean, there is a thread saying it is only half complete...which doesn't make much sense to me but if so then Nintendo will do well to get it out in April. I think a bit later, judging by previous game release dates and the fact that the game is being tweaked a bit. I am hoping for an earlier release rather than late, but I don't want Nintendo to rush and get it out if they had a few more things to do that could make it a better game. I would rather wait for better quality!

Wasn't there something that said it would be released in the first quarter of the year? For some reason, I have March stuck in my head. Though I wouldn't be at all surprised if that were pushed out.

I went online on Wal-mart to see if I can order Wind Waker. (Which I had no luck for) But at Wal-Mart, (Where I live at), It comes out on March 11, 2011. I'm not completely sure if it will come out during that time, but oh well.

Caeda

Keyblade Master
I went online on Wal-mart to see if I can order Wind Waker. (Which I had no luck for) But at Wal-Mart, (Where I live at), It comes out on March 11, 2011. I'm not completely sure if it will come out during that time, but oh well.

Just so you know, Wind Waker is a gamecube game. They don't make it anymore. I would sugest going to a video game store and see if you can find it there.

I have learned to never trust release dates. About a year before Twilight Princess came out Best Buy was selling pre-orders. The first time for July 05 and later for Nov 05. Neither happened. A few other titles have done the same but not with the same length of time passing between first release date announcement to the actual release date.

I am just saying you should not hold your breath. We have heard so little on SS so far that we might just see a couple more release dates before the actual product hits a store shelf.

I entirely agree with this. You shouldn't really trust what the workers in the stores say unless they can show you proof, and even then, unless it's rather close to that release date, I don't trust them. Generally, it's best to wait until an official statement or advertisement is release with a release date that sounds realistic. I remember thinking that I would be able to get Super Smash Bros. Brawl several months before it actually came out, in fact I think it ended up being released April of the next year.

I'd like for Skyward Sword to be released in April though, because I've already pre-ordered it and if it is released around the 10th or 11th that means that I can get my parents to buy me it for my birthday present.

Jedizora

:right:
April is a good time to release it if you think about it. The only problems I can see is the fact that some people may have no money after buying a 3DS. Anyone have any ideas on how much one would be?
I don't thick this is correct, but I heard it was around 300 dollars. I would buy skyward sword first.
Anyway, I was thinking of a april to june release date for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom