• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

AP Classes

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I am currently planning on taking AP World History, and I also signed up for AP Biology and got accepted but I had to cancel it because my schedule was already filled up. I'm not sure if I can stay in the United States for the rest of high school, but if I do, I will take many other AP classes like AP Art History or AP Art Studio, AP European History, AP Psychology, AP Marine Biology, AP Statistics and AP Calculus AB and BC. The only AP classes I do not want to take is AP US History and AP Us Economics/Government because these are two subjects that are very uninteresting to me so they would be very boring to take. I am the kind of kid that doesnt like to take boring classes that do not interest me, and I fear I wouldn't focus well if I take these classes.

There's nothing really comparable in Germany which is quite sad.
We don't have that many subjects to pick from anyway.

One thing we have are advanced courses and it's obligatory that you choose two or three, depending on the school, before you get in 11th grade.
But there are a lot of restrictions on what you can choose together or what you have to choose if you chose a particular subject.
You have those subjects more often and you go into more detail. Maybe that's a bit similar?
I chose English, German and Biology there. The languages because I love them and Biology because I had to chose something else ;)

If I had have your options, I would have chosen differently. Probably more creative subjects, but still English :)

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I am currently a junior and I am taking 4 AP classes currently (AP exams are next week!). They are AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science A, AP Calculus BC, and AP Physics C: Mechanics. I took AP Biology in my freshman year and AP German in my sophomore year, and I plan on taking 3 more during my senior year.

I thought about trying to take AP English or World History as a sophomore, but I decided that I want an easy year next year.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I am in AP chemistry now. Next year I will be in AP History, and Physics. The year after that I will be in AP Speech and Calculus and most likely Biology.

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
Is anybody here split up into Honors and AP? I see y'all posting things like AP World History, when at my school it's called Honors World History.

I see that a lot of freshman and sophomores are in AP classes, when in my school you aren't allowed to take any AP class until Junior year! All you can take is Honors up until that point. Even some AP courses vary from year to year. Like AP Chemistry and AP Biology switch off every other year.

It's just wierd to see. My school district must arrange the courses so differently.

I ma a junior in high school and am currently taking AP United States History and AP English Language and Composition. I've currently been busy preparing for both tests but history especially due to the breadth of content the course covers. Last year as a sophomore, I took AP European History. Yes, I do love history but that's also due to the weird way my school structures what AP classes are available to respective grades. For next year, I'm enrolled in a boatload of courses namely AP Chemistry, AP Calculus BC, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Government, and AP Spanish Language. It's certainly going to be a delight. ;)

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
I'm about to finish 8th grade but the Guidance Counseler that I talked to about the curriculum says I'll probably end up with nothing but AP classes. I'm not sure if this counts but I'm taking Algebra I, Physics, and Spanish I.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
A_LINK_IN_TIME said:
and AP Spanish Language.

If you want some advice from a former AP Spanish Language student, regarding the exam, I'll give you some.

1.) Be able to understand different dialects. The test I took had Latin American Spanish as well as Castillian (Spain). If you're not familiar with Castiallian, become familiar now.
2.) Be able to fluently use the major verb tenses. Especially, the present and past subjunctives, preterite, imperfect, imperitive mood, and future. Also study the compound tenses (the ones that use haber).
3.) Study vocabulary like a crazy man. Just pick random situations or scenarios and think of all the important words associated with it; and learn them.
4.) Practice your speaking abilities (especially impromptu) with a voice recorder.
5.) Read A LOT. Read poetry, short stories, internet articles, newspapers, etc.
6.) Watch Spanish language television. This will greatly improve your listening comprehension abilities. You could also change a DVD's langauge settings if you don't have access to spanish programing.
7.) Perfect your ability to use accent marks. This might not sound that important but the judges are very picky about correct accent mark and puntuation usage.

I would also suggest you buy the book "REA's AP Spanish Language". It is a great prep book that helped me a lot.

Last year, I took AP World, and this year I'm taking APUSH, and AP Lang and Comp...
I also took the AP Psychology exam yesterday, super easy.
The exams are coming up fast, heard the APUSH exam was really hard, so gotta study for that.
For the most part, I take them cause I'm capable of the higher level thinking. I know I'm most likely going to get the college credit for it, but in all honesty, by the time I actually get to college, I'll have forgotten a good amount of it anyway...
Next year, I'm taking AP Co-Go, and AP Lit and Comp.
I was considering just taking the regular classes so my work load would be less next year, but my mom insisted that if I can take the course, I should. And I can, so I guess I have to xD

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I ma a junior in high school and am currently taking AP United States History and AP English Language and Composition. I've currently been busy preparing for both tests but history especially due to the breadth of content the course covers. Last year as a sophomore, I took AP European History. Yes, I do love history but that's also due to the weird way my school structures what AP classes are available to respective grades. For next year, I'm enrolled in a boatload of courses namely AP Chemistry, AP Calculus BC, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Government, and AP Spanish Language. It's certainly going to be a delight. ;)

My friend was nearly ready to throw up after the AP Spanish Language exam today.....I felt real bad for him:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom