• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anyone Think We'll See the Ocarina of Time Again?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I just thought of this now, If Skyward Sword predates Ocarina of Time, then we might see the Ocarina again. I mean, we don't actually know how the Ocarina came about. We just know that it was passed down generation to generation by the Royal Family of Hyrule. Assuming we'll see them, why not the mystical Ocarina of Time? It's said that Skyward Sword will be a bit of an origin story for some things, wouldn't it be cool to find out the origin of the Ocarina of Time or just see it again? Who knows, maybe the Ocarina of Time came from Skyloft maybe it came from somewhere else.

So what do you guys think? Would you like to see it return? Maybe you just don't care? Tell me. Discuss.

Last edited:

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
Personally I'd like to see it return, but, I think it's highly unlikely. I'm pretty sure Nintendo won't drag the Ocarina back up from the depths of the N64 games. Plus, with the emphasis on motion control they might not have implemented it because it's just button pressing.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Personally I'd like to see it return, but, I think it's highly unlikely. I'm pretty sure Nintendo won't drag the Ocarina back up from the depths of the N64 games. Plus, with the emphasis on motion control they might not have implemented it because it's just button pressing.

We don't really have to play it, more of a cameo. Reference I guess. You know how Nintendo is.

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
We don't really have to play it, more of a cameo. Reference I guess. You know how Nintendo is.

That would actually work. I don't usually think about cameo's too often. A little reference in the story line would work great if we can't actually play it, or maybe Zelda could play it to turn the Skyward Sword into the Master Sword. That'd be interesting if that happened.

Djinn

and Tonic
Although I do not know if the actual Ocarina of Time will appear, I do believe we will see small blue sweet potato ocarinas in future sequels. With the ALTTP flute, the LA flute, or Ocarina of Winds, even the ocarina that appeared in Tingle's spinoff, they have become an important part of the series. A blue colored sweet potato ocarina has become the standard for any magical music playing instrument that Link carries with only a few exceptions. NPCs and othre minor characters have been seen playing them in a few titles, and they often appear to have some sort of magical importance to Hylians and Kokiri.

I believe the ocarina of time is now connected to the Hero of Time and his tale in the legend. So if any reference is made of it will likely include some mention of OoT Link such as the story told in WW and all the many individuals that remember him. Or some kind of quote telling the player "This is the ocarina the Hero of Time once carried." Similar to TP Link gaining the green clothes from Faron and learned that it was the clothing the hero of old once wore. It has become more important as an item that Link used and less of a royal family treasure. Other than that I could only see it appearing in a prequel telling an origin for it in some way. Just how it came to be an heirloom of the royal family, or why Zelda's Lullaby is very important and only members of the royal family are allowed to learn it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom