• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anyone Still Upset With The Graphics?

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I was expecting realistic, TP-style graphics. I enjoy it more. But then, cel-shaded is better than the graphics used by the Miis and Wii Sports and that. It could have been worse. And it'll still be colorful. Really though, it'll get noticed a lot more in screenshots of the game than it will while actually playing the game. I barely took notice of the graphics style in The Wind Waker when I was playing it, but it'd be more apparent in screenshots and videos. While playing, I just don't think about it so much so I guess it doesn't exactly matter what the style is so much so long as it is well-done.

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
I'm perfectly fine with the graphics/style of SS. But if we get this style for the WiiU Zelda, I'mma be really pissed considering how good the demo looks.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I watched the new 15 minute video today of skyloft and the opening gameplay, and I don't know how anyone could actually dislike the way this game looks.

Definitely the best cell-shading I've ever seen. That said, it still has a few problems. The faces and hair look a little weird. The hair doesn't move fluidly and the faces look like plastic surgery. Now, the problem with the faces is a lot less noticeable when the characters are moving, for a point in it's favor.

R

Raphael

Yeah, what Ganonking said, how can anyone didlike these graphics afte watching that thing of beauty?

vcdomith

Mad Artist
I LOVE THESE GRAPHICS!!! Many have disliked the "colorful" graphics, but if you actually think about it, the colors are sooth and fresh, when I saw the 15 minute long video(from yesterday) I felt the same "thing" when I saw for the first time SSBB(to me it's the best graphics on Wii to date), including the perfect frame-rate and soothy Link movements

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
I wasn't upset in the first place because they said the graphics were a work in progress, and I can see they have put a lot of work in it. In my opinion, Zelda has never looked this great.

E

eyyafuc

I really do love Skyward Sword's graphical art style. I have to admit, I didn't like it at first (I'm a big fan of TP's style), but I quickly warmed up to it. Now every time I look at a SS screenshot, I find myself thinking, "Those graphics are so beautiful..." XD

agreed, lol. i was the same with wind waker. didnt like it for years then, i just, did. but skyward sword, as soon as i saw the videos i couldnt wait..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom