• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anyone Still Upset With The Graphics?

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I like the graphics. They are simply amazing and spectaculer to look at. Unfortinatly some of my friends a garden tools (to keep it child friendly) when it comes to graphics. They only play something if it looks realistic.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I never liked the graphics in the first place.
They should've just gone with the WW toon style, Or keep the realistic TP graphics.

But in the end it's not gonna stop me from playing.

T

trueguitarist95

I am still kinda disappointed with the graphics. Anyone here have the game informer with Link on the cover? That's what I would love to see, but unfortunitely the game itself doesn't have the awesome detail that the concept art has. Doesn't matter because I'll still buy the game and enjoy the sh*t out of it.

I like them, for the most part. I don't care for the design of the Bokobolins, though. That said, I'd like to have the Zelda being made for the WiiU to be more realistic.

I love the graphics. I was never upset about the graphics but they do look better than they first did.

Last edited:

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
I am still kinda disappointed with the graphics. Anyone here have the game informer with Link on the cover? That's what I would love to see, but unfortunitely the game itself doesn't have the awesome detail that the concept art has. Doesn't matter because I'll still buy the game and enjoy the sh*t out of it.

You mean like this?
6231582368_7330cf0992_b.jpg

linkfacebadass.png

V

viccie211

At first I thought, huh? That looks kinda interesting(in a negative way). But the art style makes the game look awesome. I think it looks better this way, then when they made it look ultra realistic. Because, the Wii hasn't got the processing power of the PS3(not that the Wii isn't good), I think this is a really goodlooking stlye.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
When we first saw the graphics, I was kind of apprehensive as they were so bright. It's safe to say though, that the graphics had come very very far since we have first seen them. From the trees that we had complained about, to the general look of Link, it seems most of these things have been straightened out. Link looks less like Justin Bieber, and looks just more appealing aesthetically in my opinion. Another thing I have noticed when you compare screen shots is that it's noticeably darker to my delight. I was always a fan of the Twilight Princess over Wind Waker, but I like these graphics as well. They are stunning.

I hated them at first, though I've grown tolerant of them as time goes on. They can look quite good at some points. Not to mention, they've improved since they were first unveiled.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
You mean like this?
6231582368_7330cf0992_b.jpg

I wish the in-game Link had the same art style as the Link on the cover.. Like a paper mario approach, but in 3D.. make sense?
It would be an unique game, TP had realistic graphics, WW had toon, MM and OoT had the 90's.. SS could be like a sketch or something. Looks way cooler, But then again graphics aren't the most important part of a game.

F

foundthebigkey

I wish the in-game Link had the same art style as the Link on the cover.. Like a paper mario approach, but in 3D.. make sense?
It would be an unique game, TP had realistic graphics, WW had toon, MM and OoT had the 90's.. SS could be like a sketch or something. Looks way cooler, But then again graphics aren't the most important part of a game.

I suspect it would be extremely difficult to get that exact style even on a PS3 / WiiU / whatever. The lighting system you'd need would be really complex to get it animating smoothly.

And BTW the style as it is now is great - though I certainly had serious questions about it after the first two trailers. But then I saw the setting was going to be significantly different in tone to TP and I suddenly it worked for me.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I think that the graphics in ss are going to be perfect. the more of it i see, the more i like it. Personally i enjoyed both toon link and realistic link. ss doesn't seem as cartoonic as ww but not the same as tp link. to me it manages to have the bright vivid colors and still make it looks kind of realistic.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom

SS Link is the closest you'll ever get, not even modern graphics can achieve that level of specific detail and lighting.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
On the contrary, I don't think I've loved these graphics more. They're just so beautiful and even surpass my love for WW's graphics. As I have stated before, I think the (semi) cartoony graphics work best for Zelda as the games are fantastical in nature and these graphics help emphasis this.

While at first I was a little off-put, but I think a lot of that was because the art style wasn't expected, as based off of the original artwork, I was expecting a more realistic style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom