• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Anyone Remember That Remake of WW?

Jedizora

:right:
It was a april fools joke. Although I seem to remember it being a website that said it.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
You speak of this?

gb_egm.jpg

This was proved to be a hoax a very long time ago. In 2005, it was in an issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly that stated that if you pre-ordered the new Zelda on April 1st, you would receive a remake of The Wind Waker with the same graphics style as the new Zelda, which was at the time Twilight Princess, thus the adaption of its look.

This was an April fools joke.

Regardless, I'm glad The Wind Waker was not remade to look like this. While I enjoyed Twilight Princess, the above picture makes The Wind Waker look extremely bland and unappealing. I feel it also would have been an insult to The Wind Waker's unique stylization had they done this, simply in implying that it necessitated being remade. The charm of the Wind Waker should be appreciated as it is.

Big Octo

=^)
why would it of been in Nintendo Power if it was a hoax? I think the game was suppose to be a gift for reserving TP, kind of like when they gave OoT with Wind Waker.

Of course it was a hoax. Nintendo power has done many hoaxes and pranks in the past, just to humor themselves at the reactions. They always reveal if it was a prank or not, so I guessed you missed that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom