• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anyone One Importing the New Nintendo 3ds?

Are you importing the New 3DS?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Skullkid96

Aperture Test Subject #2
I was looking at the new 3ds at playasia, and i am thinking about importing it with a japanese game. not sure what game maybe one that has a bit more english or just import the japanese smash bros. I think it looks very cool and always wanted a japanese 3ds, and importing the new one would be cool. anyone else thinking about it or are a lot people still mad about the new 3ds

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Well, if I ever get it, it definitely wouldn't be by importing it. I'd just wait for it to be available on shelves here in the U.S. And I'd only get it if my current 3DS XL breaks. ... Or if an exclusive Zelda title is released for it. I don't see the point in buying it if my current 3DS works fine and the exclusive games aren't games I'm interested in.

Salem

SICK
Only if it's region-free and it has the option to change the language settings to English, otherwise no.

Only if it's region-free and it has the option to change the language settings to English, otherwise no.

The system is unfortunately region locked once more.

As for myself, I've never imported games before, and I don't have the finances or time to put up with the hassle. I'll probably pick one up close to North American release as the Circle Pad on my current 3DS is in its last breath.

キラ

Yo!
I was looking at the new 3ds at playasia, and i am thinking about importing it with a japanese game. not sure what game maybe one that has a bit more english or just import the japanese smash bros. I think it looks very cool and always wanted a japanese 3ds, and importing the new one would be cool. anyone else thinking about it or are a lot people still mad about the new 3ds

I say "Go for it" if you can read a little bit of Japanese. You may have to pay more for some games, but there are some really cool exclusives from Japan, like Dragon Quest X Online and Dragon Ball: Heroes.

(If y'all don't know what Dragon Ball: Heroes is, you're missing out if you're a DBZ fan. It was first an arcade game and it now has a 3DS adaption. You get a new card with a new character each time you start the game and it's a strategy based game where you move the character cards to the back to be defensive or the front if you're prepared to attack. It has over 200 characters so it's really cool to play and have neat cards to collect.)

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Region-lock = no importing. It'll eventually end up here so I don't see the point in importing it; any handheld/console is quite a long-term investment, I expect to get many many years out of it, so I don't mind waiting additional months to buy one where I can actually speak the language it's in and play games I get from local stores. Too much hassle otherwise.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
A simple no would suffice.

A simple "no" wouldn't contrite anything to the discussion though, there'd be no point just posting a "no", that's what polls are for.

Personally, I have kind of wanted a Japanese console for a while and it could probably help with me learning Japanese but I'll pass on importing this one for three main reasons.
- Region lock
- It is coming out in Australia in November anyway
- I don't see it as different enough to my 3DS XL to justify purchasing it

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I'm extremely interested in purchasing a New 3DS XL when it releases. I've had the same original model since 2011 and have been meaning to upgrade for a while. A regular XL was my plan for some time, after playing with my brother's and enjoying it. The New 3DS is the perfect opportunity.

It was originally thought the New 3DS was coming to this country in 2015, and the fact it's this November instead is bliss. I don't think I'll ever find myself importing a system to play games just a little bit sooner, anyway, region lock or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom