• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anyone Like Cosplay?

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
I'd really love to give it a try. I love to wear costumes in general but I'm not the best at .... making things. So I'd probably want to save some money and buy/commission a really awesome cosplay to wear to a convention.

I'd really love to give it a try. I love to wear costumes in general but I'm not the best at .... making things. So I'd probably want to save some money and buy/commission a really awesome cosplay to wear to a convention.

DO EEEET!!! You won't regret it ;D because you'll be having a lot of fun in your cosplay at conventions. Best of luck!

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I love when people cosplay, even if it's not the best. I like when people have fun. I've never done it. I think it's too expensive.

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
Are there any well known/well regarded websites to buy cosplay from? I feel like in the past when I've looked into it the sites have looked a little sketchy to me. I'm scared of ordering something that looks great online and is a huge disappointment irl.

I've actually dressed up for one convention in the past. Some of my friends go to Anime Boston every year and I decided to go with them one year. They always go dressed like soldiers from various wars - so not exactly cosplay. The year I went they were dressed as American soldiers from the Vietnam War. I got some sort of like sexy female soldier costume and a shake and go wig and went in drag with crazy thigh high heels on. Everyone thought it was hilarious that I was there with these boys who were dressed in serious costumes and it kinda pissed off one of my friends because everyone wanted to take pictures with me.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Are there any well known/well regarded websites to buy cosplay from? I feel like in the past when I've looked into it the sites have looked a little sketchy to me. I'm scared of ordering something that looks great online and is a huge disappointment irl.

I've actually dressed up for one convention in the past. Some of my friends go to Anime Boston every year and I decided to go with them one year. They always go dressed like soldiers from various wars - so not exactly cosplay. The year I went they were dressed as American soldiers from the Vietnam War. I got some sort of like sexy female soldier costume and a shake and go wig and went in drag with crazy thigh high heels on. Everyone thought it was hilarious that I was there with these boys who were dressed in serious costumes and it kinda pissed off one of my friends because everyone wanted to take pictures with me.

I would say Etsy isn't so bad, although that site is being bombarded with cheaply made, run-of-the-mill items now. I've had a lot of success buying nice quality things on there, though not cosplay related. I would recommend starting a conversation with the shop owner first, just to ask some questions about the product, and try to determine if they seem like someone worth buying from.

You can also look around DeviantArt. It's not exactly a shop, but some people sell their creations on there. Unfortunately once in a while you'll find something really nice from someone not selling, so you can only admire their work. In those cases, I would say ask them if they can recommend someone who creates similarly. At very least they won't recommend anyone, at best you'll find a similar item from someone who does want to sell.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I love to cosplay as many different things. @Jamie and I are planning to cosplay as sailor moon at the next con we go to. Oh boy I sure hope I'll look sexy!
Funny that you'd tag me in this, but I believe you meant @Tristan I've never met you before :) can't wait till I do!

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I don't cosplay myself, but man a lot of these cosplayers are crazy impressive! I love seeing the work they've done.

I have purchased two cosplays from csddlink and they were pretty nice quality and you get what is shown in the pictures. Bought my HW Link cosplay and a Mikaela Hyakuya (Owari no Seraph) cosplay from them.

G

Guest-3

Meh, I've done an L cosplay, and a Beyond Birthday cosplay. Now I kind of feel like doing a Naruto character... hmm....

LadySmugleaf

Love pull me down, hate lift me up.

I highly recommending cosplay.com. It's a place for cosplayers to gather and there is a ton of tips and what not. They also have a bit of a marketplace, but someone there will defiently be able to help you.

As for myself, I enjoy cosplaying, though I am constrained by my lack of funds for cons and cosplay. My latest cosplay was a female OoT Link which I am reusing for halloween.

Attachments

• fem link cosplay.jpg
    fem link cosplay.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 5
If I were to ever cosplay, I would like to be Skull Kid. Unfortunately, I'm not creative enough to design the costume like this guy did.
da89487f9693ab825b7ed45f29d7478f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom