• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Anyone Know If Nintendo Is Still Planning On Releasing LoZ: MM 3DS?

I'm sure people have asked this already, but I was wondering if there is still going to be a Majora's Mask 3D for 3DS. Anyone know if and when it will come out? Thanks :)

General Skel

Stalfos!!!
Well, before the Skyward Sword E3 presentation, a trailer of Majora's Mask was put on YouTube. Fans went nuts!!! But at E3, Nintendo didn't even mention it. So people don't know if the trailer was real or not. But since Nintendo has already released Ocarina on the 3DS, it would make to also release the sequel. I'm hoping they will after The Wind Waker HD, A Link Betweens Worlds, and Zelda Wii U are released.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Majora's Mask 3D was never confirmed by Nintendo. They did go on record and say that they would consider it after they had made an original Zelda title for 3DS so there might be some kind of announcement about it after Christmas, but as far as we know Majora's Mask 3D isn't in development.

Salem

SICK
Instead of releasing them on at a time, they should have released an HD collection of all 3D Zelda games on Wii U, this is coming from someone who isn't a fan of remakes in general.:rolleyes:

MW7

I really want it to come out so this might be wishful thinking, but I think it's probably a near certainty that we will get the game eventually. Considering that Nintendo has in some sense remade 3 other Zelda games in a short time span, I think they will remake the game that has a highly visible demand.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Like Cfrock said, MM3D was never confirmed to be in development. And even with the assets already in existence, it's important to realize that Nintendo is a highly erratic company. It was clear that more people desired MM3D than an ALttP sequel, but we're getting the latter rather than the former this Winter.

Something worth noting, however, is that Miyamoto and Aonuma "haven't forgot" about MM fans. We can still hope.

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Instead of releasing them on at a time, they should have released an HD collection of all 3D Zelda games on Wii U, this is coming from someone who isn't a fan of remakes in general.:rolleyes:

dude they should have remade majoras mask & link to the past in hd and put it w/ wind waker hd for a zelda hd collection
everyone wins

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
As mentioned above, it was never officially announced. I believe it was Miyamoto (although it could have been Aonuma) who once asked press if they'd like to see Majora's Mask 3D, an A Link To The Past remake, or an A Link To The Past Sequel. Of course, we now know A Link Between Worlds is sort of both of the last two options, given that it started life as a remake and became a sequel. So, I would think that MM 3D is not far from their minds.

It also interested me greatly that one of the Platinum rewards for Club Nintendo this year was a 2-disc MM soundtrack. It seemed a bit odd to randomly put out. One would think a CD based on a more recent title would be a better choice (TWW for example, or one of the upcoming ALBW)... but here we have MM. Now, I wouldn't put TOO much stock into a Club Nintendo CD release signifying a MM remake, but it did intrigue me because Club Nintendo did have that Ocarina of Time CD offer when the 3D counterpart of that game was released. Maybe it's a subtle, disconnected sign of things to come...?

I don't see it being announced any time soon. If it did, even though I didn't like Majora's Mask, I'd probably still get it.

Well, before the Skyward Sword E3 presentation, a trailer of Majora's Mask was put on YouTube. Fans went nuts!!! But at E3, Nintendo didn't even mention it. So people don't know if the trailer was real or not.
That trailer was completely fan-made, and there was really never any real confusion about this. :?

Considering that Nintendo has in some sense remade 3 other Zelda games in a short time span, I think they will remake the game that has a highly visible demand.
People overblow Majora's Mask 3D's high demand. I'm assuming Operation Moonfall on Facebook is probably the highest measurement of positive interest in the prospect, and that's not even 40,000 likes. That's really nothing at all when talking about support enough to justify a game project.

It also interested me greatly that one of the Platinum rewards for Club Nintendo this year was a 2-disc MM soundtrack. It seemed a bit odd to randomly put out. One would think a CD based on a more recent title would be a better choice (TWW for example, or one of the upcoming ALBW)... but here we have MM. Now, I wouldn't put TOO much stock into a Club Nintendo CD release signifying a MM remake, but it did intrigue me because Club Nintendo did have that Ocarina of Time CD offer when the 3D counterpart of that game was released. Maybe it's a subtle, disconnected sign of things to come...?
Maybe. I definitely think it's related, but I thought of it more like them offering that to tide people over. I mean it's clear there's some interest in Majora's Mask right now, and whether or not they do actually make Majora's Mask 3D, they can still provide an easier release like a soundtrack CD and expect some reasonable reception to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom