• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anyone have box scans and measurements?

I'm looking to make some reproduction boxes for my cartridge Zelda games. Does anyone have scans and measurements, or know of a site that has them hosted? I would also be interested in scans of the cardboard insulation so that I can replicate that as well.

You're right, that's not what I'm looking for. I did specifically say I wanted to make reproduction boxes.

EDIT:
Let me elaborate... I'm specifically after making repro boxes for sentimental reasons. My Legend of Zelda games are particularly special to me. Special enough to want to go to the trouble of replicating their original boxes as best I can, and deal with the extra shelf space that would take up, because I want to have that part of the "set". Otherwise I'd be content to just make smaller boxes measured directly for the cartridges, and whip up art adjusted for that.

Last edited:

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
There are a lot of game websites that exist just for this, which is unfortunate in my opinion, but they do exist.

Box My Games is one such website.

:rolleyes: Those are sites that make boxes for you, not sites that supply you with scans for doing it yourself. The latter is what I actually asked for, and I know there was at least one Zelda fansite that had them. But it's been over ten years since I found that, and I can't remember which one it was anymore. I had hoped someone here could tell me, or failing that provide scans of their own or at the very least take a ruler to the boxes...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 83535

You sound like a really demanding person. Last time I looked for what you're asking, I found it after a quick Google search. Have you tried that? I don't remember the exact sites and your attitude doesn't make me feel like looking for them again just for you :)

You sound like a really demanding person. Last time I looked for what you're asking, I found it after a quick Google search. Have you tried that? I don't remember the exact sites and your attitude doesn't make me feel like looking for them again just for you :)
That's perfectly fine, since I wasn't expecting someone to look up the exact sites :P. I was just hoping someone might already have the knowledge or resources readily at hand.
The most I was expecting someone to do was scan and measure a box themselves. I'd be willing and happy to do that for someone myself, if only I had any of the boxes... But of course, I don't, since all my cartridge Zeldas are secondhand buys...

I' was a tad annoyed that I had asked for something specific and both replies I got were "Well, here's this thing that's like what you asked for but not quite"... That can get frustrating...
Which is why I wanted to try asking real people on a forum before trying my luck with Google, because search engines can be REALLY bad about that.

I'm sorry for grumping at people..

UPDATE: Welp, I'm trying searching... Thus far I've found a complete scan of Ocarina of Time's US box but I can't access it because Photobucket is currently under maintenance and I can't log in. I could also cobble something together from the US and Aus version scans on Mobygames (they only have the front and back of the US box), but I'd still need the measurements to make sure the pieces printed at the right size.

Last edited:
You weren't really being that specific though. We still don't know which system your games you're talking about are for so even if someone had box measurements, they might be the wrong ones. What systems are you looking to box? What are all the carboard pieces that need measured? You haven't elaborated.
Well, I did specify that I wanted scans and measurements, which is not what either of the first two respondents supplied.

But you're right, I didn't specify what games I wanted scans for... I guess my thinking was that since I needed so many (and the way I buy games, what I don't need right now I'd likely want in the future) specifying that far wasn't necessary, plus would help make this thread useful to more than just me... Idk.. Seems dumb in hindsight now what you point that out... :C

I need:
The Legend of Zelda (NES, gold cartridge, USA)
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Original GB, USA)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64, gold cartridge, USA; for those now wondering why I said I was playing gray cartridge in the other thread, that was a copy borrowed from my uncle because my own copy had been MIA up until December 30 of last year)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64, Gold cartridge, regular sticker, USA)
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (USA)
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (USA)
I need scans and measurements of the ront, back, top, bottom, and sides of the boxes, plus measurements and if possible scans of the internal cardboard insulation trays.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge

Is this what you're looking for, more or less?

Is this what you're looking for, more or less?
Yes, that sort of thing... Although sadly, that site only has two of the boxes I'm currently looking for: Majora's Mask and Oracle of Seasons. Well, they have a US box for Ocarina of Time, but it's not the correct one for my cartridge. I realize I'm being picky, but if I'm gonna blow the printer ink on this I want to hold out for an exact match.

All the same, thanks for pointing me to that site. That's two boxes checked off at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom